PDA

View Full Version : The cambridge diet

lorraine_2406
17-Jan-07, 15:31
Was just wondering if anyone on the org has tried the cambridge diet and what your veiws are about it

thanks lorraine

_Ju_
17-Jan-07, 15:51
Is it when you want a meal you have to go to Cambridge? It should work wonderfully if you live in Wick.... ;)

gee
17-Jan-07, 16:27
i tried the cambridge diet years ago. i found it hard going and stuff they supply is disgusting. maybe some people will disagree with me but i felt ill while i was on it. think carefully before you go ahead with this diet. it isnt the easy answer as they say it kis. you are better sticking to a healthy diet. good luck with what you decide to d0

henry20
17-Jan-07, 16:31
I've never heard of the cambridge diet, but I'm sceptical of any diet that doesn't involve healthy eating & exercise. I know its easier said than done - the scales keep reminding me, but once the willpower is there, its the only way to go. Also, where possible cut out alcohol - especially beer & wine.

I've just booked a holiday so I'm hoping that will be an incentive to keep me on track. :D My scales are beginning to groan under the strain :(

fred
17-Jan-07, 16:32
i tried the cambridge diet years ago. i found it hard going and stuff they supply is disgusting. maybe some people will disagree with me but i felt ill while i was on it. think carefully before you go ahead with this diet. it isnt the easy answer as they say it kis. you are better sticking to a healthy diet. good luck with what you decide to d0

I tried the Faradays diet once and it nearly killed me.

danc1ngwitch
17-Jan-07, 16:47
Hey ! i wouldna worry about how you look as long as you feel fit.
I am way heavier than i look ( so people tell me ) but aslong as i feel fit i will not bother with the scales. I do however try an squeeze in some exercise as often as i can and as for diet. Everytime i mention the word i eat a sweetie. I have never been on a diet before and this whole diet thing has me skunnered and thats just sympathizing wea others... So i will do what i can but wea exercise. ( when i can ) [lol]

Moira
17-Jan-07, 17:01
The Cambridge Diet - wow - that's a blast from the past! I tried it many moons ago and am with Gee on this - the drinks etc were disgusting - I used to gag trying to get them down & felt ill all the time.

I, like others here, would recommend a balanced healthy diet, including exercise, in order to lose weight safely & sensibly. This website has a lot of useful information & helpline :-
http://www.healthyliving.gov.uk/

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

jinglejangle
17-Jan-07, 17:12
:eek: do you have a lot to loose? my friend had a lot to loose and did the lighter life diet and it worked really good for her - you can only do this diet if you need to loose more than 3 stone. as for me i am counting the calories and it is just no easy!!

henry20
17-Jan-07, 17:15
Thanks for that link Moira - its pretty good to see how much calories you can burn off doing ironing etc - looks like a night of housework for me :lol:

edit: what I found weird was that the other day I looked up a chart it said for 30 mins of shopping, you burnt off 10 calories per 30 minutes. this website said roughly 90!!

Billy Boy
17-Jan-07, 17:26
i never heard of this diet,but i have a tried and tested diet it's called the see food diet,you see it you eat it [lol] it does my beer belly the world of good:D

jim112233
17-Jan-07, 19:19
i have tried the lighter life diet which is also the same as the cambridge diet same company different name thats all. It is good if you want to lose a lot of weight in a short space of time, but you will have to see your doctor 1st and be prepared to drink a lot of water and i mean a lot also it can be expensive around £120 per week. Upside is i myself lost nearly 2stone over 2months so it is worth it but you can put it back on just as fast so be warned. To be honest i wouldn't do it again just be sensible and exercise. Good luck!!!:)

sam
17-Jan-07, 20:52
i never heard of this diet,but i have a tried and tested diet it's called the see food diet,you see it you eat itit does my beer belly the world of good:D

you better watch out, if you have a beer belly you will get the man boobs next :lol:

lorraine_2406
17-Jan-07, 22:19
Hi there thankyou for the replies i was planning giving it ago but will just wait and see might see if the army will send me away on the next exercise in stead of my husband lol that would sure help my lose some weight

thankyou

lorraine

lassieinfife
17-Jan-07, 22:22
Lorraine see if you can get hold of diet sheets recommended for diabetics... health eating is the best way and not some faddy diet.... good luck x