PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of using Collect + for ebay? DON'T!!

ywindythesecond
05-May-13, 10:13
Thought it would be a good alternative to the Post Office when prices went up but so far 100% failure!!

Alrock
05-May-13, 10:53
Care to elaborate on your experience to help others make an informed choice?

ywindythesecond
12-May-13, 21:25
Care to elaborate on your experience to help others make an informed choice?
I didn't reply straight away as I thought I would give it another try.
First time round all four items sent around the same time took about 2 weeks for a 3 to 5 working day service. On my "give it another go" effort, it took another two weeks.

I first posted (on the org) when I realised my "give it another go" go was going wrong. They don't seem to actually lose your items, it just takes about ten days from Caithness to get to and leave Inverness, and after that they turn up quickly.

Buttercup
12-May-13, 21:46
I use Collect+ (for eBay and other business) regularly and have had no problems at all. The items are collect daily from McColls shops and travel to Inverness the same day. Did your items actually take that long or are you going by the website tracking? I know for a fact that the tracking is way out as it was still showing more than one of my items in Inverness 2 weeks after my customer acknowledged it's safe arrival! I for one would thoroughly recommend Collect+.:)

Shaggy
12-May-13, 21:59
Way things are going with Royal Mail, the collect plus service might soon be a thing of the past. They, like many other cheap parcel companies depend on spare capacity being available with RM in order to give the cheap prices but the RM workers have voted to boycott the delivery of mail handled by any of its rivals as of June. This could mean around 1/2 of the mail in circulation every day not being delivered and could mean bad rep via DSR's and thus closure of your Ebay account unless you use RM....Not that losing my Ebay account would be a bad thing, seems like nothing is selling on there nowadays....

ywindythesecond
13-May-13, 23:34
I use Collect+ (for eBay and other business) regularly and have had no problems at all. The items are collect daily from McColls shops and travel to Inverness the same day. Did your items actually take that long or are you going by the website tracking? I know for a fact that the tracking is way out as it was still showing more than one of my items in Inverness 2 weeks after my customer acknowledged it's safe arrival! I for one would thoroughly recommend Collect+.:)

When one of my customers asked where her parcel was, I contacted Collect + and as it was over ten days, I was asked to fill out a claim form which I did. I then got in touch with the other three I had sent things to at the same time and two replied and had not got their items. They eventually turned up, and the original "lost" item also turned up.
The item I sent giving Collect+ a second chance was put into McColls Castletown at 11.58 on 30th April. The customer asked where it was at 16.54 on 9th May, and it was delivered at 17.54 Fri 10th May.