PDA

View Full Version : Video My Aquarium

shazzap
03-May-13, 23:44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-jBSsleQ_M&feature=youtu.be

Shaggy
04-May-13, 00:03
Nice vid, what's the story of the convict cichlids being in with Malawis? seem to be holding their own though lol

shazzap
04-May-13, 09:20
Nice vid, what's the story of the convict cycloids being in with Malawis? seem to be holding their own though lol Thank you. Not bad for a video taken on a phone, is it? I acquired the Convicts with the tank, so seemed a shame to get rid of them. Am monitoring them. The bully of the tank the Greshakei, doesn't seem to bother them. It's the bigger Convict who seems to bully one of the small ones. Also I am new to this, so still finding my feet.

Shaggy
04-May-13, 13:50
didnt realise it was a phone lol, yeah well done indeed and decent quality too. Yeah the convicts are central/south american cichlids whereas the rest are african. Generally they shouldn't be mixed due to water hardness requirements but convicts are hardy wee gits at the best of times lol. Have you found the Greshakei is boss of the tank or is he just a bully? there will always be a pecking order with Malawis/Tanganyikans and its fun to watch the fight for top dog although it can be brutal at times. I used to have a cichlid i called "old one eye" (for obvious reasons) a huge haplochromis that nothing dared go near. he was always first for food and treats then when he was full, the rest fought for leftovers. I miss him a lot now he's gone. Old age got to him but he was a character on his own.

shazzap
04-May-13, 15:13
Yes the Greshakei is the boss of the tank. But one of the babies n there, looks like it is going to be a male Greshakei. The other looks like another Convict.