PDA

View Full Version : all that money and not an ounce of common sense

emszxr
16-Jan-07, 21:50
did anyone watch big brother last night. oh my lordy. between the lot of then they couldnt cook a chicken. ok shilpa was suppose to be doing it, she thought it only took about 45 minutes to cook a chicken.

and as for jade and her boyfriend, well they well suited thats for sure.

DarkAngel
16-Jan-07, 22:10
I think its a lot of rubbish this year..YOu could hardly call any of them celebritys really..I mean Jade goodies mither Jackies...When did she Ever become a celeb???? Scraping the bottom otf the barrel for television...C'mon c4 :roll:

connieb19
16-Jan-07, 22:27
The way Jade, Danielle and Jo are treating Shilpa is disgusting..hope they get voted off soon. [disgust]

Buttercup
16-Jan-07, 23:31
Used to like Jo, but she's certainly showing herself in a different light now! At least Shilpa is trying to do something constructive ~ Jo, Danielle and Jade seem to spend all their time lying about in a clique criticising! It's time they grew up.

JAWS
17-Jan-07, 02:20
It would appear that the programme warranted serious discussion in the House of Commons! [lol]

Metalattakk
17-Jan-07, 04:15
Big Brother (in any form) = television made by morons, featuring morons and watched by people who couldn't possibly be referred to as 'morons', for fear of causing great insult.

The overwhelming question is "Why?"

emszxr
17-Jan-07, 10:08
Big Brother (in any form) = television made by morons, featuring morons and watched by morons.

so your calling me and the above posts from people that watch it morons.

Oddquine
17-Jan-07, 10:34
Big Brother (in any form) = television made by morons, featuring morons and watched by morons.

Moron here!

I am both fascinated and horrified by the degeneration of behaviour in the house..and it is a good reminder that "celebrities" are no less irrational and bitchy than the rest of us........and that being a "celebrity" doesn't necessarily make for any kind of role model for the young.

Few in that house are going to come out with much credit among the thinking viewers.........and I'm sorry to say that it is some of the homegrown "celebrities" who are showing themselves up most.

weeboyagee
17-Jan-07, 11:07
What the heck is Big Brother?

WBG ;)

golach
17-Jan-07, 11:11
WBG, when you find out will you please pm me

Angela
17-Jan-07, 11:20
Moron here!

I am both fascinated and horrified by the degeneration of behaviour in the house..and it is a good reminder that "celebrities" are no less irrational and bitchy than the rest of us........and that being a "celebrity" doesn't necessarily make for any kind of role model for the young.

I've never watched Big Brother -somehow I just never started, I expect if I had, I'd be hooked -but I've watched a fair few other "celebrity" programs (Celebrity Masterchef, Strictly Come Dancing etc) and it seems that once you are a "celebrity" you can certainly keep the wolf from the door by keeping yourself in the public eye...and then going on yet another "celebrity" show.

Although to be fair, I could never have achieved either the standard of dancing or of cooking in the shows I've just mentioned.

candyfloss
17-Jan-07, 11:34
The way Jade, Danielle and Jo are treating Shilpa is disgusting..hope they get voted off soon. [disgust]

I don't think anyones up for eviction this week yet, so maybe they're going to throw the three of them out on friday night :D

deviled_egg
17-Jan-07, 17:03
never watched it, never will. even though everyone complains about it everyone still watches it. i bet c4 got a ratings boost from all this publicity, even though its bad. just boycot the thing and they'll have to put something decent on!

the nomad
17-Jan-07, 18:07
My kids keep sneaking a look at BB even though it's banned in our house.

I ended up watching ten minutes of it myself the other night.

To summarise how I feel about it:

A bunch of has beens with flagging careers desperate for some lime light.

No its no racist but there is psycological bullying going on.

The Asian lady almost brings much of the problem on herself by acting like a child.

They are all pretty stupid with a few exceptions.

Jade is as thick as a lump of lead, but some if must be put on.

Jade is in no position to taunt anyone, coming from a mixed parent conception and a mother who is now an absolute minger, a lesbian and an absolute nut job.

Jo from S-Club and Danielle you can forget getting any career now.

Danielle if she is a model I'm the King of France, it's amazing what a bit of slap can do.

Leo Sayer wash your drawers mate.

The lad from Jackson 5 and face from A team seem very level headed.

Jade's boyfriend, what the hell is a Footballers Agent and man is he thick.

Can't remember the rest but I worked all that out in ten minutes.;)

EDDIE
17-Jan-07, 18:12
I think they need to bring back pete burns to sort that idiots out

j4bberw0ck
17-Jan-07, 18:24
Given that half the BBC news is now about the racism complaints (advertising that the producers couldn't have bought at any price), the House of Comedians, sorry, Commons seems to be dominated by it, and Gordon Brown has been forced onto the defensive on his trip to India, it would be interesting to know what's happened to Big Brother viewer figures:

1. How many have taken a moral stance against alleged racist behaviour and will refuse to watch Big Brother in future?

2. How many have taken a moral stance about the alleged racist behaviour but will continue to watch so they can be sure their outrage is justified (or to see it happen if they missed it first time)? :Razz

3. How many non-viewers will now start watching to see what the fuss is about?

Bet your backside that the advertising rates for the ad-breaks in Big Brother will be going up as fast as their viewer figures. It's a sad old world. Principle is dead. Long live posturing in public :(.

connieb19
17-Jan-07, 19:22
The viewing figures were up by a million last night compared to the night before. :confused

htwood
17-Jan-07, 19:29
Our local radio station KFOG is playing Leo Sayer's verbal meltdown over and over. I wonder if he gets paid more for flipping out while the camera's rolling.

Fran
17-Jan-07, 19:29
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_1_148.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZN) I think they should put all the orgers in the house, now THAT would be really interesting!!

Dog-eared
17-Jan-07, 19:40
Can someone please tell me how much the charge is in total for phoning in to place a vote ?

Multiply that by 4 million and its a lot of dosh, eh ?

Which all goes to people who have too much money already , I assume.

Mister Squiggle
17-Jan-07, 20:09
The only time I watched CBB was when George Galloway was on and he was doing something weird with some woman (I think he was pretending to be a cat, if you don't mind). It was all so toe-curlingly awful that I felt like I wanted to floss my brain to get the horrible spectable out of it ...
Now I know we live in strange times etc, but honest to goodness, I'd rather watch grass grow (and I'd feel a lot less like having a long, scouring shower afterwards). Any Big Brother incarnation seems odd, pointless and grotty. I expect, though, that CBB is probably going to rate it's pants off after this latest debacle.
Me, I'd vote for Radio 2's suggestion of "Celebrity Firing Squad".

loobyloo
17-Jan-07, 20:56
I haven't been able to watch it the last few days a)because it's crap and b) I feel very uncomfortable witnessing the bullying that is going on against Shilpa. I'm afraid its a feeble excuse to say that she brings it on herself: I've heard that from so many teachers and kids who are basically looking for a reason to excuse bad behaviour.

What's really interesting is that some other band mate from S Club or Steps or something said on the radio today that Jo nearly took her own life at school because she was so badly bullied. Isn't it weird how humans behave once they get into a group situation? Okay we've probably all witnessed it at work (I certainly have) but the intensity of living together 24 hours a day must just make it a lot worse. I know I'd have said something if I had witnessed any of that. One thing I can't stand is folk ganging up on others. I'm surprised that none of the others have said anything. Beyond belief!!

lin
18-Jan-07, 00:02
Just heard Jade and Shilpa is up for eviction on Friday. I hope Jade goes she is an instigator. I feel the bullying has gone on long enough, take Jade out of the equasion then we shall see Jo and Danielles true colours. I dont think the three trouble makers have the brains to be racist, I think they are just thick.

Metalattakk
18-Jan-07, 03:11
so your calling me and the above posts from people that watch it morons.

I cannot possibly class as morons "the above posts from people that watch it". That would be somewhat moronic, wouldn't it?

wild1
18-Jan-07, 08:31
I hope Jade gets evicted from the house on Friday I was a big fan of hers but the way she has been treating shilpa is terrible shes nothing but a bully. as for Dannielle and jo they arn't much better laughing and slagging poor shilpa off at every opportunity. Shilpa is more of a lady than the three of them will ever be I hope shilpa goes on to win it.

Buttercup
18-Jan-07, 16:13
Well surely Ch 4 will do something about it now that The Carphone Warehouse have suspended sponsorship of Big Brother!

Angela
18-Jan-07, 17:25
Well surely Ch 4 will do something about it now that The Carphone Warehouse have suspended sponsorship of Big Brother!

You'd think so...
I've never watched BB so far, but you know I do feel a terrible compulsion coming over me to watch it now!!! :eek:
It seems strange it's called Reality TV when as far as I can tell (not having watched it!) the whole thing is completely removed from any sort of normal life. Or am I wrong? :confused

quirbal
18-Jan-07, 19:05
Is it just me or do any of you orgers think that what is going on in the house is racist.:(

danc1ngwitch
18-Jan-07, 19:22
a fight is a fight, let it go.[lol]

sweetpea
18-Jan-07, 19:25
I think it's just ignorance, low intelligence an poor hearing. Jo, Danielle and Jade are just nobodies who got lucky. But then I don't think much of Shilpa either. I used to be a BB fan but have hardly watched this series, it's drivel.To quote Nikki from last series 'who are these people?' lol

jinglejangle
18-Jan-07, 19:45
i normally watch bb but only watched this series to the point when the goody's et al entered the house. i used to like jade but what is being portrayed in the newspapers is terrible and i defo think they are being racist. wonder what like of reception they will get when they leave the house.

Buttercup
18-Jan-07, 20:00
Is it just me or do any of you orgers think that what is going on in the house is racist.:(
Depends how you class racist, would it be racist if they'd said the same to Dirk? Or if Dirk had said it to Danielle? Or is it just to do with skin colour? Personally, I think the vast majority of it appears to be bullying by Jade, Danielle and Jo.

connieb19
18-Jan-07, 20:06
The only peson being racist in the house is Jermaine. How come nothing is being said bout him calling Jade "white trash"? :confused

Billy Boy
18-Jan-07, 20:31
The only peson being racist in the house is Jermaine. How come nothing is being said bout him calling Jade "white trash"? :confused

and what would be said if it was the other way round:roll: the pc brigade would be working overtime

Dusty
18-Jan-07, 21:13
It's a bit much for some Indians to be protesting about racism since I believe that their caste system is discriminatory in the extreme.
Where did the hype about the alleged racism on Big Brother come from? Someone earlier said the producers couldn't have bought that type of publicity, but maybe they could have engineered it!
The whole thing is a load of pap IMHO but it is receiving incredible exposure. I'm reminded of something I heard after Princes Dianna's death when people were condemming the Paparazzi (sp) for supposedly contributing to her accident, it was said that the people who were making the most noise about it were the very same ones who avidly devoured anything in the newspapers about her and so fueled the fire.
I think the same sort of thing has happened here, the producers have brought in personalities who they hope will be controversial/confrontational in an attempt to maintain viewing figures and thereby advertising revenue.
I don't remember any bullying allegations when Pete Burns and George Galloway were having a go at Jodie Marsh who was ill equipped to deal with it.
But there again she wasn't part of a recognised downtrodden minority.

Dusty.

the nomad
19-Jan-07, 12:42
[quote=Fran;182525]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_1_148.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZN) I think they should put all the orgers in the house, now THAT would be really interesting!!

We would certainly be very entertaining, plenty of booze too, Caithness people are on top form when they are on the sesh.

elaine
20-Jan-07, 01:01
Hmmm just watched the interview with Jade. She's scuppered now eh? Not sure if she's gonna be able to turn this thing around now!!

I can't wait to see Jo and Danielle evicted because I doubt they're going to be spared the booing crowds. Good. They're going to get PELTERS!! Serves them right - they are hateful bullies. I remember girls like that at school - it ain't nice to be on the receiving end.

Interesting too, them all back-tracking big-style - it's starting to sink in - what it looks like on the outside. Too late...... heh heh heh!

Oddquine
20-Jan-07, 01:43
I am extremely embarrassed to admit that, for the first........and I hope only........... time in my life, I actually voted in anything on the media!

My excuse is that the proceeds of the vote, this time, were going to charity........but my real reason was that I would have hated Jade to be kept in because I didn't vote!

Rheghead
20-Jan-07, 01:54
It has just been announced that Jane Goody has been arrested and taken to a police station on charges of stirring up racial hatred. A crowd of her adoring fans have gathered around the station. A jostled reporter managed a few words with her solicitor as he left the station, this is what was said,

Reporter: 'What did Ms. Goody say to you about the charges?"

Solicitor: 'She said "I'm a celebrity, GET ME OUT OF HERE!"'

:p

_Ju_
20-Jan-07, 11:40
Rheghead, GOOD ONE! lol!

j4bberw0ck
20-Jan-07, 14:11
I am extremely embarrassed to admit that, for the first........and I hope only........... time in my life, I actually voted in anything on the media!

My excuse is that the proceeds of the vote, this time, were going to charity........but my real reason was that I would have hated Jade to be kept in because I didn't vote!

Oh, Oddquine........ et tu, Brute? :roll:

[lol]

johno
20-Jan-07, 16:26
did anyone watch big brother last night. oh my lordy. between the lot of then they couldnt cook a chicken. ok shilpa was suppose to be doing it, she thought it only took about 45 minutes to cook a chicken.

and as for jade and her boyfriend, well they well suited thats for sure. i
I dont watch it myself ,reckon it,s all rubbish .From what i read about Jade Goody its her they aught to cook. The whole prog is stupid ,watching a bunch of talentless has beens lying about slagging each other off . Is this what we are paying a tv license for . i dont think so. But then that,s just my personal opinion. different strokes for different folk,s?. what,s every one else,s opinion on this .
:mad: [disgust]

_Ju_
20-Jan-07, 16:37
Johno, channel 4 gets no money from the TV license fee.....it's one of their gripes ;) Bad enough that the whole thing is on the news....internationally!

I haven't felt compelled to watch BB in a very very long time ( I followed the first series for it's novelty in Portugal at the end of 1999.... last centuary already. After that it died a natural death after a couple more series), but what happened now in this series is unavoidable (because of the universal coverage by all media here) and holds a magnifying glass to the ugliness of racism/bullying (cross out acording to your opinion). Neither is acceptable and were condemed. So if anything good can be said about big brother now, let it be said that it made all of us think about bullying and/or racism and it's consequences on individuals and groups.:)

JAWS
21-Jan-07, 03:53
I can't help wondering if the situation wasn't intentionally 'manufactured' with the intention of getting attention for a long worn out idea.

There have been various other mixtures of races on previous occasions with no similar problems with Racism becoming obvious.

What has to be remembered is that Chan 4 carefully selects who appears on the programme and have a good idea of what the attitudes of those who appear have.

I'm not defending what appears to have happened from the bits I have heard about. However, I can't help wondering if the programme makers intended that something similar would happen but have been caught out by the response it has caused.

As far as I can see, Chan 4 and the Programme Makers could very well be as guilty as those who the cameras have been pointed at.
What makes me suspicious is that Jade Goody's family were included in the mix. What on earth makes them "Celebrities"? The mother would appear to have a certain attitude towards Race and I cannot help concluding that she was put there to create the very atmosphere which lead to what happened later.

robglysen
21-Jan-07, 11:18
Hmm, for me its all about editing, right, you could show the highlights from a football match and only show team A atacking, it would make the match look all one sided right. You could only show the footage that makes Jade look like a gormless thick possibly racist pig whose also an ignorant hearless bully, but why would you want to do that to such a delightful kind and intelligent lady.

I havent seen a single second of big brother and I feel my life is more worthy for it in so many ways!