PDA

View Full Version : Soaps

Kevin Milkins
01-May-13, 21:34
With Bill Roach being the latest in a long line of "alleged" naughty boys, we wont have many actors left for the soaps, that Jimmy Saville has a lot to answer for.:eek:

Shaggy
01-May-13, 21:42
Aye, if any more actors get fingered all we'll end up with on TV is repeat after repeat.....oh wait!:cool:

focusRS
01-May-13, 21:55
Aye, if any more actors get fingered all we'll end up with on TV is repeat after repeat.....oh wait!:cool:Actors being fingered? Now that's my idea of good TV!

Phill
01-May-13, 22:43
Actors being fingered? Now that's my idea of good TV!Yeah but you only see that on those dodgy French satellite channels that you need to adjust the dish for and use the cheap boxes out of Lidl's.

Apparently!

So a friends, dogs, neighbour's cat's mate down the pub mentioned to this fella passing through one day. Allegedly.

According to urban legend.

I wouldn't know, I don't have a telly. Honest.

theone
01-May-13, 23:39
I'm going to go out on a limb here.........

This guy's career (if it was still on the go - I have no idea) is ruined.
His family are going to be hurt or confused.
He'll lose friends.
He'll become a hate figure.

Why?

Because somebody has accused him of something that they claim happened 40 years ago.

Now, whether guilty or innocent, that guy's life has changed forever. He's got a stigma now.

But he has NEVER been found guilty of anything. He has NOT YET had the chance to prove his innocence. But, regardless, he will suffer. He will suffer a fate, like a guilty man, even if innocent. Trial by media.

Where's the justice in that?

If I don't claim a lottery prize within a certain time, I lose my right to the winnings. But victims can keep their mouths shut until such time as they see fit, jumping on a bandwaggon.........?

As harsh as that sounds, and I don't pretend to understand the mind of a victim of such crimes, for me they are as guilty as the original criminal. Hiding a crime is aiding it. If there's psychological reasons for hiding it then, of course, they can be excused, but why announce them 40 years later?

Trial by media is a sad thing in a country that thinks it leads the world in such matters.

(p.s.) I reckon Noel Edmunds is next................

Phill
01-May-13, 23:56
Very surprised Noel Edmunds hasn't been locked up yet!

It is a very difficult situation. How many sexual assault victims are out there that feel they will never be believed?
And, this case as with all the other high profile cases we've seen, just builds more barriers for those who have been harmed by people not worthy of media attention.

That said. These types of crimes, for the victims, are not really easy to understand unless you've been there I guess. 'Announce' or ridden with their own guilt for years? Or it's taken 40 years for anyone to listen?

Trial by media is a sad thing, as the 'media' is just..... well..... lies based on lies spun in a direction of the highest bidder.
The sad thing is most people believe what is delivered by their bog paper of choice.

davem
02-May-13, 00:03
So a traumatised victim is as guilty as a much older alleged perpetrator. Victim is the operative word there!
They only charge if there is enough evidence to base a charge on.
I think any trauma might just produce a psychological reason for keeping it quiet!
Blotting it from memory, worrying you won't be believed - reliving the experience again in court - I can see lots of reasons not to - media doesn't try people but the publicity of other cases may have made the victims feel they had healed enough to cope!

mi16
02-May-13, 10:10
There have only been two actors arrested for indecent offences so far have there not?

Kevin Milkins
03-May-13, 17:15
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s480x480/21114_460410577374252_1116853717_n.jpg

Alice in Blunderland
03-May-13, 19:17
Jeeez Kevin heres me getting all excited about you selling lots and lots of different soaps :eek: :lol: