PDA

View Full Version : ah goverment policies

starfish
29-Apr-13, 15:19
the goverment moan about people claimimg what they are not entitiled too, Yet a freind just tried to phone tax credits and let them know they have earned more money in the last tax year, and what they are getting payed is far too much for this year. They were told sory we can not change it until your new claim form pack is sent out any where between mid april and the end of june . Which is a least 12 weeks then it has got to be filled out and sorted by this time they could be well to the hundreds in debt . this is only one claim how many more are out there that is , is happening too . Yet they say you can be fined or a prison sentence could apply if you do not imform them of a change in your claim rant over

mi16
29-Apr-13, 15:26
the goverment moan about people claimimg what they are not entitiled too, Yet a freind just tried to phone tax credits and let them know they have earned more money in the last tax year, and what they are getting payed is far too much for this year. They were told sory we can not change it until your new claim form pack is sent out any where between mid april and the end of june . Which is a least 12 weeks then it has got to be filled out and sorted by this time they could be well to the hundreds in debt . this is only one claim how many more are out there that is , is happening too . Yet they say you can be fined or a prison sentence could apply if you do not imform them of a change in your claim rant over

They have now informed them though so they will be fine, I would also back it up with a recoded delivery letter though just to be safe.

Kodiak
29-Apr-13, 15:30
One thing your friend could do is to write to them. Put all the relevant information in a letter and post it to them by either recorded delivery or Special delivery.

That way if they came back and say that she should have notified them months ago she will have proof that she sent in the information.

ducati
29-Apr-13, 16:02
or......... you could tie a note to a brick and throw it through HMRC's window. That way they would be sure to notice. :eek:

billmoseley
29-Apr-13, 18:40
Any money they are being paid should be put in a separate Account so when it is all sorted and they ask for the money back it's a simple of transferring it

starfish
29-Apr-13, 19:02
"Any money they are being paid should be put in a separate Account so when it is all sorted and they ask for the money back it's a simple of transferring it" thats what they intend to do and earn some intrest on it but it is the princible of it you tru and tell them about things and they say you can not do it then they will send out a snotty letter saying that you been over paid as if its your fault

cptdodger
29-Apr-13, 19:27
I think your friend should try 'phoning them back Starfish. I have no idea whether it's the same the other way around, but my partner gets working tax credit, it quite rightly stopped at the beginning of the year due to him being out of work, but when he started work again he filled the forms in, he got a letter back saying he was not entitled to anything because they were basing that on what he had earned the previous tax year (I think), so he contacted them and gave them what he was and will be earning this year. They recalculated it there and then and sent him out a new award letter. I think he had to provide proof though, that is, P60, P45 and payslips. I do'nt think it would do your friend any harm contacting them again.