PDA

View Full Version : Buddhism

Bertieboy
28-Apr-13, 10:58
Been reading about Yeah im good thanks dad sorry i missed ur call the other day. Jake was beaming when i got home. Ive treated myself to a new toy ....... a really old but still looks good bmw z3 two seater soft top cream interior no room for any more bambinos lol. You ok? Love and miss you, recently.Does anyone know of who might practice here in Caithness?

mi16
28-Apr-13, 11:10
Been reading about Yeah im good thanks dad sorry i missed ur call the other day. Jake was beaming when i got home. Ive treated myself to a new toy ....... a really old but still looks good bmw z3 two seater soft top cream interior no room for any more bambinos lol. You ok? Love and miss you, recently.Does anyone know of who might practice here in Caithness?

I think we have found a winner for the most confusing post of the year.
Congrats

Kevin Milkins
28-Apr-13, 13:31
Buddhism is very interesting faith.

When I worked at a funeral directors the Buddhist funeral was usually the longest and most stimulating of them all. I am not a god fearing Christian, but I do keep an open mind as to what life is all about.

I read the philosophy of Zen when I did my rugby coaching badges to help understand why we make decisions in sport when under pressure and although most of it was a bit deep for my pea brain I felt that I learned a lot from it.

I have also been told that when I sit crossed legged with my arms folded I look very much like a Buda statue, but I don’t consider that to be much of a complement.

Still not sure what your thread is about, have you been at the sherry?

macadamia
28-Apr-13, 13:49
Buddhism is a great gig. You don't own anything, so you can't be robbed from. Your working tools are a begging bowl, to ask for alms. Those who give are blessed. You can live anywhere, because Buddhism doesn't do borders, or nationality (yes, I know you need a passport, but look at the Dalai Lama - he gets around a bit, and he has't got a pot to pee in, either!) The uniform is great (if you like saffron robes), and you don't have to wear a tie.

The best thing is that you are a peace-loving person who wouldn't hurt a fly. However, the great Buddha, in his wisdom, has suggested that his followers "be aware" of defensive martial arts which they can use as a last resort.

Buddhists do train a lot.

If you are silly enough to attack a Buddhist, he will oh so very try to persuade you that violence and killing are bad.

Only then will you not see the blow coming which breaks your face.

I like Buddhists!

joxville
28-Apr-13, 16:28
Been reading about Yeah im good thanks dad sorry i missed ur call the other day. Jake was beaming when i got home. Ive treated myself to a new toy ....... a really old but still looks good bmw z3 two seater soft top cream interior no room for any more bambinos lol. You ok? Love and miss you, recently.Does anyone know of who might practice here in Caithness?Ooh big mistake, you really shouldn't have bought a Z3! A few years ago I almost bought one but changed my mind. I tried getting 16 Vestal Virgins in it, and even using the minuscule boot area, I could still only manage three of them. What you need is a Transit. And paint it dayglo orange, maybe swap the horn for pan pipes too. Go on, the girls will love you for it, and so will Buddha. But I doubt you'll find any virgins in Caithness.:-)

secrets in symmetry
28-Apr-13, 16:48
Z​3 is special - it's the only group of order 3. That's one of the secrets in symmetry. :cool: