PDA

View Full Version : Pond fish

Humerous Vegetable
26-Apr-13, 16:02
I am trying to replace my carp and shubunkins in my pond, after they got decimated by some Mallard over the winter. I have used Howdens in Inverness in the past, but they don't seem to have anything available at the minute, so am wondering if anybody has some reliable reccomendations for up here? I found a website which has a good variety of fish, but want over £20 for delivery.... And no, Pets at Home is not an option as they practically want a DNA profile before they will sell you anything.

Vimto
26-Apr-13, 22:02
Hey I bought fish at pets at home today for the first time. Forgot to take a sample in was asked a few questions and was sold some fish. Probably different to goldfish and pond fish tho. :)

Shaggy
26-Apr-13, 23:46
lucky you. I told them where to stick their fish last time i was in. I had around £40 of equipment for a new tank i was setting up and while i was there i saw a couple of fish i had been looking for. they looked ok and were pretty lively so i asked for them too. The clown wouldn't sell me them because i was setting up a new tank? I'm like eh? i have 3 fully set up and stable tanks running now, this is the equipment for a 4th but he wouldn't budge so i said to him to hold the equipment for a sec and once he took hold of it, i let rip and have never been back since. Seems like you have to lie to get anything from them nowadays!

kmorrell
29-Apr-13, 01:29
Is the site youre looking discountfish? They are extermely good have used them recently :)

Humerous Vegetable
30-Apr-13, 15:48
Thanks for that - it looks like a good site, but have you any idea of delivery charges, which I cannot find anywhere I have looked, and don't want to go through the whole ordering process and getting to checkout before finding out they're going to charge me more for delivery than than the whole order of fish. The websites I have already looked at are charging anything between £15 and £35.... I could buy a halibut for that!

kmorrell
30-Apr-13, 17:50
Orders over £50 are £20 postage not to sure bout others its in the "other info" on the page at the top. The fish come in very big boxes with heat packs if needed. Whenever I get a fish fron pets at home they seem to get ill and die but when I got an order off discountfish they where fine never been ill yet :) im always going to buy from them :)

RUNT
04-May-13, 15:40
Hi, I have two large Shubumkins if you would be interested in adopting them?

One is black/grey/blue/orange and the second is smaller and white/yellow

I've had them a number of years and they are around 5 inches long so are ready to go to a pond......

Thank you

hell raizer
06-May-13, 15:54
I have the same problem trying to buy pond fish even though my carp, tench and some goldfish have been living in the pond for 12 years. It's very annoying when you get some young one telling you the pond water is not suitable.

starfish
06-May-13, 16:04
pet at home are a pain they sold some one from work 2 male rats that produced babies a week later they do not know what they are talking about half the time and they had dead fish in thier tanks the other day being eaten by the other fish

kmorrell
08-May-13, 16:40
I got a dwarf hamster from there the other day and the numpty told me they cant drink from water bottles?! And you need to soak fruit in water but I have another one at home and hes has never had trouble :( I dont like pets at home