PDA

View Full Version : toastie fillings

scaraben
15-Jan-07, 20:42
I've just aquired a new toastie maker and I'm delighted with it. I have made a toastie with ham+ tomato+cheese slices+cranberry sauce and its delicious. However as I'm not a lover of veg. I find myself a bit restricted....................
Anyone got some more suggestions ??

Piglet
15-Jan-07, 20:59
Smoked sausage & cheese or for a change Banana u can also add some chocolate drops (it is delicious) :Razz

Jeemag_USA
15-Jan-07, 22:03
Oh my all time favorites

1. Mince Beef with Gravy, White Cheddar
2. Chilli and Cheese
3. Chicken Curry
4. Ham, Edam and sliced tomato and onion!

Long time since i had a sammich toaster! :cool:

pedromcgrory
15-Jan-07, 22:30
left over bolognase if right spelling or curry ,bacon bean,,black pudding sliced thin we beans ,corned beef ,sliced red pudding anything really u have in u can try ,nothing better than experimenting a new toastie lol:) have to add brown sauce though well i do:)

Angela
15-Jan-07, 22:53
We had sliced leftover turkey with gravy at Christmas & that made great toasties, all sort of leftovers can be really tasty :D especially with some gravy or sauce...

scaraben
16-Jan-07, 20:30
Thank you for these suggestions friends I'll have a go !!

Hibeechick
18-Jan-07, 16:56
Beans and cheese! A mate and I used to have it at college the whole time when we were short on pennies! Also had..

Left over mince and tatties
Irish Stew
Spaghetti bolognase
Tuna and cheese
Sausages!
Curry

The joys of being a student! lol x

Angela
18-Jan-07, 17:14
Beans and cheese! A mate and I used to have it at college the whole time when we were short on pennies! Also had..

Left over mince and tatties
Irish Stew
Spaghetti bolognase
Tuna and cheese
Sausages!
Curry

The joys of being a student! lol x

I still use a student cookbook -quick, cheap & tasty recipes I'd probably not remember otherwise! Lots of toastie fillings make good baked potato fillings too.:D

coastown
18-Jan-07, 17:51
cheese chopped up onions mixed in salad cream very tasty.

Bobinovich
20-Jan-07, 00:24
I'm mad on cheese & onion sandwiches and they're just as lush as toasties. For a little extra zing fry the onions first. Out of this world!

peedie wifie
25-Jan-07, 14:28
Bacon and Brie is delicious, have to cook the bacon first but well worth it!:lol:

WeeBurd
30-Jan-07, 23:13
<blush> Cheese, marmite & beetroot. You may think that sounds revolting, but I swear it's super tasty! :D

foxy-jnr
31-Jan-07, 15:38
i suggest left over super noodles (chicken flavours the best) and cheese it's great

candyfloss
31-Jan-07, 23:04
Bacon grill ( the stuff you get in a tin ) and onions :)

kitty
04-Feb-07, 00:50
I think that buttery scrambled egg with some bacon in it would make a lovely toastie filling. Yum :D

Bradcon
08-Feb-07, 21:17
tinned tuna with onion mixed with salad cream., cheese and beans, bacon & beans,

cliffhbuber
09-Feb-07, 05:41
Grilled cheese with sliced dill pickles - onions optional.
Grilled cheese, tomato, red onions, romaine lettuce - garlic optional.

justine
09-Feb-07, 18:29
I like, sausage and beans for breakfast, then for lunch a cheese ahm and leek toastie,........Tuna, sweetcorn,chopped peppers(yello are the best).in fact i think you could put almost anything that you like on one.....

hairydog
10-Feb-07, 19:36
Health Option.......Thin sliced apple sprinkle with cinnamon on wholemeal bread ........mmmmmmmmm:lol:

Wish
13-Feb-07, 02:21
Mature cheddar and pineapple!!

SNOWDOG
10-Mar-07, 14:22
Ham, cheese and sliced onion with a sprinkle of garlic granules! :Razz