PDA

View Full Version : Use it or louse it

happryharry
15-Jan-07, 19:37
Use it or louse it, Pets bits and peices Henryetta street wick, the best pet shop in Caithness, were every one is wellcome to buy what ever they want to and not be told like the other place in wick what or what they can not have.
I was in pets at home just before christmass only cos it was a sunday and i needed a heater and stat for my fish tank in a hurry, i ask for one and got a 30min letcher on how and why noty to buy the size i wanted, i tried to explane to the young person i have been breading tropical fish for over 40 yrs now and knew what i want, but oh no she did not want to know. but i made do and got one next day from Pets bits and peices and had a good laught as well.
So come on pet lovers of caithness use it or lose it
Thank you for reading this, sorry about the spelling.

connieb19
15-Jan-07, 19:57
I refused to go into Pets at Home when it first opened because I didn't like the idea of them selling pets in the shop..I was wrong, I went in with a pal who was buying a hamster and was delighted to see that they went over a checklist, asked loads of questions and made sure she had everything she needed before having to fill in a form with her name and address and it all did take about half an hour but they showed that the welfare of the hamster was priority rather than just getting your cash.
I'm delighted that they are advising people on what they should or shouldnt have rather than just saying nothing and let people buy things which may not be what they are really needing. I've been back a few times now and really do think that it is a great shop, to call them mindless morons is uncalled for, they are only doing what they are trained to do, and I'm sure a lot of people are happy to see this.

misty woman
15-Jan-07, 20:56
I really like pets at home,the staff are very good at their jobs.I personally will never go back to the pet shop in henrietta street because i bought fish from there in the summertime and they had some kind of disease and killed all my fish aswell so i will just be going to pets at home from now on.

pjyemail
15-Jan-07, 21:15
i think that we should support the local pet shop, as a fish keeper i have had fish from a lot of sources including pets at home both wick and inverness and local shops in wick, nairn and dundee. howevery i have found diseases in all shops but you need to read up on the signs of disease before going to a shop and check the tanks for disease.
i will be using the local shop as if you ask for help they will help you and the local shop is cheaper than pets at home for fish anyway.
pets at home is good if you know nothing about keeping pets, howevery i think if you want a pet you need to read up about what you need and how to look after your pet. before i set up my tank i bought a book so i know what i'm doing.
i will be using the local shop, just hope that she can stay open, she howevery should look at her opening times sunday / late nights to have a chance to compete.

pedromcgrory
15-Jan-07, 22:45
heard pet shop in thurso is closing not sure if true though

happryharry
15-Jan-07, 23:56
i would also love to know what if they all shut where do my poor fish and rabbits get there food from and please do not say dear old tesco's

pjyemail
16-Jan-07, 07:57
i would also love to know what if they all shut where do my poor fish and rabbits get there food from and please do not say dear old tesco's

tesco's do have it, but the staff at pets at home also have it or shop online. it will be a sad day when the local bussiness close.

neepnipper
16-Jan-07, 09:34
Can I just say that myself and all the other staff in Pets at Home are not 'morons'. We are well trained and dedicated to animal welfare.

I shall be mentioning this thread and the insults to the manager.

This is totally uncalled for and I am extremely upset by the insults from Happy Harry.

Bradcon
16-Jan-07, 10:13
I think that the service provided by Pets at Home is very good indeed.

I went in the other day to put up a poster for our newly formed Caithness Rabbit Fanciers Association, and the staff there were more than happy to display it on their notice board, and were very interested in our new club.

I think to call them morons is uncalled for. :( They are sensible staff who know their jobs very well.:lol:

angela5
16-Jan-07, 11:24
To call the staff 'MORONS' who are dedicated and well trained at Pets At Home is uncalled for.[evil]

misty woman
16-Jan-07, 13:03
To call the staff 'MORONS' who are dedicated and well trained at Pets At Home is uncalled for.[evil]Well said angela5,the staff at pets at home are all very well trained and for anyone to call them morons is compleatly uncalled for![evil]

Billy Boy
16-Jan-07, 14:56
To call the staff 'MORONS' who are dedicated and well trained at Pets At Home is uncalled for.[evil]

well said angela5,they all do a good job in pets at home without haveing to put up with people like loppylarry comeing on here calling them unjust names,

if they had a complaint why not go to the manager,or is it easyer to come on here to do there back stabing :mad:

changilass
16-Jan-07, 16:46
Use it or louse it, Pets bits and peices Henryetta street wick, the best pet shop in Caithness, were every one is wellcome to buy what ever they want to and not be told like the other place in wick what or what they can not have.
I was in pets at home just before christmass only cos it was a sunday and i needed a heater and stat for my fish tank in a hurry, i ask for one and got a 30min letcher on how and why noty to buy the size i wanted, i tried to explane to the young person i have been breading tropical fish for over 40 yrs now and knew what i want, but oh no she did not want to know. but i made do and got one next day from Pets bits and peices and had a good laught as well.
So come on pet lovers of caithness use it or lose it to mindless morons.
Thank you for reading this, sorry about the spelling.

I have been in the wee pet shop in Wick and the lady their was very helpful, but to call the staff elsewhere morons for doing their job is totally uncalled for, maybe you should consider what you type before hitting the 'submit post' button. Saying you have had bad service somewhere is totally different from calling folks names[disgust]

happryharry
16-Jan-07, 18:16
Can I just say that myself and all the other staff in Pets at Home are not 'morons'. We are well trained and dedicated to animal welfare.

This is totally uncalled for and I am extremely upset by the insults from Happy Harry.
Its not an insult at all you are just using it as one your manager is a good guy i have meet him face to face and whe was a lot more heple from the other young woman who had not GOT A CLUE WHAT A HEAT AND SAT WAS, So was she a sleep when being trained for that part of her job plus she told me if i big a to big one in my tank i would fry my fish, Which is a pile of rubbish as one's set the temp one's self
So get a grip no way am i insulting you manager he is a fine chap or do i have to spell it again for you

jinglejangle
16-Jan-07, 18:53
Its not an insult at all you are just using it as one your manager is a good guy i have meet him face to face and whe was a lot more heple from the other young woman who had not GOT A CLUE WHAT A HEAT AND SAT WAS, So was she a sleep when being trained for that part of her job plus she told me if i big a to big one in my tank i would fry my fish, Which is a pile of rubbish as one's set the temp one's self
So get a grip no way am i insulting you manager he is a fine chap or do i have to spell it again for you

lol your spelling isn't very good so maybe thats where the confusion has come in! :lol:

angela5
17-Jan-07, 12:30
Feel free to give your opinion on which store you'll be choosing to shop for your pet's, but to refer to the staff or a certain staff member as a 'mindless moron' is appauling. That person spend half an hour of their time giving you free advice. [evil]

angela5
17-Jan-07, 12:32

Neeniper wasn't suggestion that you called the manager a mindless moron, they actually meant they were going to inform the manager of your views towards his staff.

neepnipper
17-Jan-07, 14:09
Thank you for withdrawing some of your insulting comments.

There are ways and means of complaining, if you were not happy with the service you received you should have asked to see the manager. not leave it weeks later to start throwing insults around on here, anyway how do you know, it could of been me that served you!!

I too would be sad to see Pets Bits and Pieces close, it's never nice for a shop to close for whatever reason.

Hibeechick
17-Jan-07, 14:51
I buy everything that I need for my pets from the shop in Henrietta Street. Remember going to P.A.H and having to wait to be served as none of the staff were around,after finding someone to serve us, we were then asked to move to the next til ( which wasn't a problem ), Whilst walking round to the next til, another couple appeared and walked straight up and were served infront of us. We've never been back.

Never had any problems with the Pet shop though! If she doesn't have in what you're looking for she can get it for you! I was looking for a specific style of bird stand and she found exactly what I was looking for.

rhino
17-Jan-07, 17:52
What a horrible way to speak about someone trying to do their job !!!!

This store is new with new staff trying to do a good service, only to have remarks made like that!!

That person spent 30mins if that! of their time doing what they thought was best to help you.

Im sorry the pet shop may close but if thats the case then why are they not open on a sunday? as the weekends are the time when most folk would be off. Have they ever opened on a sunday?

The Pets at home store has not got the experience, contacts or small order buying capability as the pet shop has because they are governed by their head office i imagine.

To say you had a laugh at that persons expence is not very nice. And im affraid i would not know what a hat and sat is either!!!!

talla
17-Jan-07, 20:46
As far as i can tell neepnipper didnt say u was miss callin the manager, she said she would be mentioning it 2 the manager! Can Happyharry please tell me what on earth a hat and sat is???????? :roll: I find pets at home a very welcoming shop with helpful, knowledgeable and most importantly friandly staff! not in the least bit mindless morons!!!

neepnipper
17-Jan-07, 23:03
Well said Talla, thanks for your support!!

happryharry
19-Jan-07, 00:40

Read it again once and fall i have retracted that bit is was a miss use of words do u not understand what retract means?

Rheghead
19-Jan-07, 01:08
I found the peeps at pets at home very polite and undeserving the label 'moron'. However, I did want a backseat cover/harness for my dog which they didn't know existed, fair enough, because someone doesn't know something doesn't make them a moron.

neepnipper
19-Jan-07, 09:36
When I posted that you hadn't retracted the comments (yes, I do know what retracted means!!).

Why do you have to be so sarcastic?

rhino
20-Jan-07, 11:41
I guess he just cant help being a jerk!! Neepnipper.

talla
20-Jan-07, 17:43
well said rhino.

KCI
27-Jan-07, 23:14
Just to bring this back to the top - I see that the Pet shop in Henrietta Street are now having a half price sale.

They are struggling to keep afloat, and this could be the last chance for local people to show their support.

I'm not trying to tell anyone what they should do - I just think that it would be a shame if this shop had to close. I think they only have a week or so, before they decide if they can keep going or not.

I am buying everything I need from this shop, as I really think it would be a loss to our community if the shop has to close.

I used to help out with a local charity, and this shop was always the first to help out, display posters, hand out leaflets etc. They are very community spirited, which is something we don't want to lose.