PDA

View Full Version : Wick Beavers, Scouts, Etc. Cancelled

rfr10
15-Jan-07, 19:31
This only applies to beavers, scouts and explorers!

Sorry to those of you who turned up tonight in the cold weather for beavers but due to work going on inside the Scout Hall, the floor has been ripped up therefore there will be no beavers, scouts and explorers until this is complete as far as I know. I just got told this a couple of minutes ago so if the same applies for next week, I'll do my best to keep you informed on everything here. At the moment, I'm not sure how long it will take to complete. Any queries? Just send me a PM, email or reply to this and I'll check with one of the older leaders to answer it.

Thank you.

Elena
16-Jan-07, 16:22
Cubs are NOT cancelled. We are swimming at the Wick swimming pool for the next 3 Thursdays, normal time.

Bill Fernie
16-Jan-07, 16:26
RF10
where did you get your information? Elena says Cubs not cancelled.

I have removed from the front page as I have no way of checking the validity of the information.

RF10 contacted to get it put on the front page.

Presumably people who go to the groups already know about the hall closure.

rfr10
16-Jan-07, 19:45
I got my information from the Scouts leader officially. Cubs are not cancelled because I presume they are not going to be usuing the scout hall as they are going swimming if I am correct here. The scout hall wont be used until the hall is sorted so would you be able to put this information on the front page as it is only Beavers, Explorers and scouts that won't be on because we use the hall. No one obviously knew about the closure as I'm a "Young Leader" at the beavers and turned up last night to find that lots of beavers turned up to find the door locked.. no one, not even me knew why until I contacted the leader who was just notified a few minutes before me.

Just to add, I have nothing to do with the cubs- only beavers, scouts and explorers therefore I'm not making any notifications about cubs. Sorry, should have made this more clear in my post but those reading it should know that, if they are not using the hall then it won't be cancelled. If beavers, scouts and explorers are cancelled next week I will- if no one else does, put a notice on the door.

The information I have given IS valid and will continue to be so until the floor has been repaired.

Thanks