PDA

View Full Version : childminder

Piggy1992
24-Apr-13, 12:50
does any body use a childminder? is it worth me advertising and were would people think best place for adverts thanks people

Allsorts
24-Apr-13, 14:00
Lots of people use childminders. Are you registered? If so advertise under business, on the childcare site etc

Piggy1992
24-Apr-13, 14:08
advert removed

Allsorts
24-Apr-13, 14:13
So you aren't a childminder then as they have to be registered, have insurance, house checked etc. you are offering a babysitting service/

Piggy1992
24-Apr-13, 14:15
edited above advert any more pointers

scotsquine
24-Apr-13, 14:31
Yes, you are still advertising as a childminder - you are not.

Childminders
Childminders are professional childcare workers who work from their own homes to provide a childcare service for other people's children in a family setting. Anyone offering a childcare service in their own home for children under the age of 16, for more than two hours a day, for a reward of any kind, must by law be registered by the Care Inspectorate.

Please change your advert title - it is incorrect and not a professional reflection for those of us who have gone to the bother to become registered.

If you do become registered and offer the hours that you are - then great - there is a definite business need in this area of evenings and weekends. You are either a Nanny or a Babysitter - unregistered - at your own and your clients risk.

Piggy1992
24-Apr-13, 15:13
i didnt mean to offend you this was something i am now looking into i have edited the advert on the site its self and title just not here didnt mean for this post to cause trouble admin please remove !

Piggy1992
24-Apr-13, 15:15
advice on becoming registed would be kindly taken new to area .

scotsquine
24-Apr-13, 15:50
Helpful sites are:

http://www.scswis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7737&Itemid=579
http://www.childminding.org/become-a-childminder

Other forums out there also - remember to look for Scottish ones as the law is different here than in England for childcare. Hope this helps.