PDA

View Full Version : Happy...

Flynn
23-Apr-13, 09:58
… St George's Day all.

Last month I celebrated St David's Day and St Paddy's Day with many English, Welsh, and Scots friends. In January we celebrated Burns Night, and a great time was had by all, and back in November we all celebrated St Andrews Day too.

So I'd like to wish any English folk on the forum a Happy St Georges Day, have a great time all of you. :)

MerlinScot
23-Apr-13, 10:15
Thanks!! Same to you.

P.S.: are you celebrating all these holidays only because... it's an excuse to have more fun? ;)

squidge
23-Apr-13, 13:37
Thanks, lancashire hotpot and a nice cup of tea for dinner tonight:)

riggerboy
23-Apr-13, 15:36
Load o bollocks is what it is,

Flynn
24-Apr-13, 19:47
Load o bollocks is what it is,

What is? Having Patron Saints Days?

Alrock
24-Apr-13, 19:58

As an atheist I'd have to say Yes.

maverick
24-Apr-13, 20:00
Flynn you are a Hypocrite, you are a self confessed Atheist and yet here you are celebrating a religious festival, wow radical man.

Flynn
24-Apr-13, 20:04
Flynn you are a Hypocrite, you are a self confessed Atheist and yet here you are celebrating a religious festival, wow radical man.

I give people Christmas presents too, doesn't make me a Christian. I also say "Oh my giddy Aunt', but none of my Aunts are giddy. I also eat easter eggs, but I don't believe in the pagan goddess Eostre. Patron Saints Days are not religious any more, they're just an excuse to have a barbecue and a drink with friends, nothing more.

Alrock
24-Apr-13, 20:17
I give people Christmas presents too, doesn't make me a Christian. I also say "Oh my giddy Aunt', but none of my Aunts are giddy. I also eat easter eggs, but I don't believe in the pagan goddess Eostre. Patron Saints Days are not religious any more, they're just an excuse to have a barbecue and a drink with friends, nothing more.

You can use the day as an excuse to have fun without actually celebrating religious dogma.