PDA

View Full Version : Deterent Penalty

gunnlass
22-Apr-13, 13:06
Following on from the Death Penalty thread, it was mentioned that the Death penalty was supposed to be a deterent but it hasn't been to some. What would you be able to change the Penalty to for it to become a deterent?

Alice in Blunderland
22-Apr-13, 16:32
It doesn't matter diddly squat what deterrent you impose if they are going to do it they will do it and only think of the consequences afterwards when its their human rights that are affected. :(

orkneycadian
22-Apr-13, 17:24
What would you be able to change the Penalty to for it to become a deterent?

Actually implementing it would be a start....

gaza
23-Apr-13, 20:04
If a person or persons kidnap, molest and murder in such ways as to be intentional and for there own sick gratification, and are caught red handed. I do not want my taxes paying for them to live in jail with all the mod cones and there cunguanable rights as the EU allows. I also would dread the thought that they might one day be set free, and do it again as history has proved,....... hanging is to good for them...... LET THEM ROT IN A PIT.

orkneycadian
23-Apr-13, 21:45
.... and there cunguanable rights....

The mind boggles....:eek:

Alrock
23-Apr-13, 23:28
If a person or persons kidnap, molest and murder in such ways as to be intentional and for there own sick gratification, and are caught red handed. I do not want my taxes paying for them to live in jail with all the mod cones and there cunguanable rights as the EU allows. I also would dread the thought that they might one day be set free, and do it again as history has proved,....... hanging is to good for them...... LET THEM ROT IN A PIT.

Wrong Thread, this thread is about what would deter a person from committing the crime in the first place. To view an opinion on what should happen to them after committing the crime then try The Death Penalty (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?202284-The-Death-Penalty) thread.

It doesn't matter diddly squat what deterrent you impose if they are going to do it they will do it and only think of the consequences afterwards when its their human rights that are affected. :(

Hit the nail on the head there.