PDA

View Full Version : SNP - A Warning from History!

Jerrico
22-Apr-13, 01:15
Separatism, religion and social divides have caused civil wars in other countries could Scotland be going down the same road post Independence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA771gLgwEA

Phill
22-Apr-13, 01:53
I watched that with the sound off and can only conclude that Alex Salmond & Mel Gibson look different, as does Karadžić (I think its him).
And that some outfit by Gatwick can turn me into a hosty for £200.

Other than that I would say, according to the Daily Mail, Engerlandershire is closer to civil unrest due to Romanians / Bulgarians / Leftards / Rightards / Centretards / Pigeons / Welfare claimants / Pensioners / Royal Family / Pikey's / Workers / Shirkers / Tweeters / Orgers and NED's than Scotland is over a Referendum.

MerlinScot
22-Apr-13, 09:03
LOL posting a video about SNP with Mel Gibson in it, it's like posting a video about Nottinghamshire and include Russell Crowe disguised as Robin Hood in it.... pointless.

Jerrico
22-Apr-13, 15:43
LOL posting a video about SNP with Mel Gibson in it, it's like posting a video about Nottinghamshire and include Russell Crowe disguised as Robin Hood in it.... pointless.

The owner of this video came to Britain as refugee from Yugoslavia in the 1990s. He made his new home in Scotland and early on he was aware of the various forms the English/Scots rivalry took. Last year he had a drink in Perth and he overheard delegates from the SNP conference talking about their hatred of the English, how they wanted to drive them out of Scotland and made the country 'pure'. This shocked and upset him, it reminded him of the ethnic murdering he had escaped so he made this film.

Taking Braveheart at of the equation look at the person Mel Gibson he's always been anti English even before that fairytale film not based on the true facts of Scottish history.

MerlinScot
22-Apr-13, 17:10
Taking Braveheart at of the equation look at the person Mel Gibson he's always been anti English even before that fairytale film not based on the true facts of Scottish history.
Pfft and are you taking Mel Gibson as an example? He's against everyone, except himself...... Jews, black people, you choose....

Jerrico
22-Apr-13, 18:32
Must be all Anglophobic SNP supporters belittling this video or scared of the facts the truth of what’s actually happening in their own country due to separatist agenda.

Duncansby
23-Apr-13, 13:22
Must be all Anglophobic SNP supporters belittling this video or scared of the facts the truth of what’s actually happening in their own country due to separatist agenda.

I can't say I thought much of that video, tenuious, scaremongering, pretty poor propaganda is all words that spring to mind and I failed to gather any 'facts' from it.

So am I not supposed to feel patriotic towards my country? Are English, Welsh and Northern Irish people not supposed to feel patriotic towards their birth place either? Or must we all only feel patriotic towards Britain? I'm proud to be Scottish and will not appoligise for that to anyone! I'm proud to be a Highlander and I'm proud to be Caithnessian and no body is going to erradicate those feelings! Quite why I should be expected to not be proud of the place I was born and bred is beyond me, after all it is Caithness (and Scotland) that has shaped me as a person through the culture, heritage, education system, values, attitude, environment etc.

The whole notion that the SNP are anti-English is ludicrous as well when we consider the campaigns promoting Scotland's multi-culturalism and when we consider the number of English born members, MSP's, Cllrs etc. It's a poor and lazy argument.

And before you accuse me of being SNP I'm not; I am not affiliated to any political party and generally think one is as bad as the next. I'm also undecided about how I will vote come 2014 but poor attempts at scaremongering and innaccuarate facts are not going to influence me from either side.

MerlinScot
23-Apr-13, 14:46
when we consider the campaigns promoting Scotland's multi-culturalism

Let me tell you that I can't say anything about the rest of your post (you're free to be proud of anything you like) but I would add something to those campaigns... Well they're campaigns devoid of any meaning, period, political propaganda.
For instance, foreigners here are not regarded well as you believe and above all SNP representatives have shown (against me and other people of different nationalities) their feelings of mistrust and in some cases racism. Therefore, given that I'm not English I should have been treated well but in many cases I wasn't.

Don't take my post as scaremongering given that at this very moment it makes no difference to me if Scotland will be independent or not. But surely, I found the majority of Scots quite hostile towards me and a few of my friends, therefore those campaigns are done only to convince the Scots about a multicultural Scotland that won't ever exist. Multicultural my ar*e.

Duncansby
23-Apr-13, 15:03
Let me tell you that I can't say anything about the rest of your post (you're free to be proud of anything you like) but I would add something to those campaigns... Well they're campaigns devoid of any meaning, period, political propaganda.
For instance, foreigners here are not regarded well as you believe and above all SNP representatives have shown (against me and other people of different nationalities) their feelings of mistrust and in some cases racism. Therefore, given that I'm not English I should have been treated well but in many cases I wasn't.

Don't take my post as scaremongering given that at this very moment it makes no difference to me if Scotland will be independent or not. But surely, I found the majority of Scots quite hostile towards me and a few of my friends, therefore those campaigns are done only to convince the Scots about a multicultural Scotland that won't ever exist. Multicultural my ar*e.

I'm sorry you've experienced such hostile treatment especially when you say it's from the majority of Scots! To be honest I find that quite shocking and it's not a Scotland I recognise. There are idiots and small minded people everywhere, and I can think of a few folk who would fall into that description and they are not unique to Caithness or Scotland, I can think of a fair few English as well who subscribe to those sort of small minded ideas. But I would argue that those are in the minority not the majority.

With regard to the SNP campaign I always understood those to be encouraging all Scots (including those living in Scotland originally from somewhere else), regardless of place of birth, to embrace our multicultural Scotland. I don't really understand the ascertion that a government would spend all that money on a campaign they don't believe in just to convince Scots that they live in a multicultural society which you claim the majority of Scots don't support.