PDA

View Full Version : charles and camila

katarina
24-Feb-05, 13:07
Can any one tell me why their wedding is deemed illegal? Surely the law (if law there is)where a future monarch cannot cannot marry a divorcee is a bit outdated? This is not the era of Edward and Mrs Simpson.
and if Charles is defender of the faith (daft though that is) surely it is better that he is married rather than 'live in sin.'
What a hooha over nothing!

2little2late
24-Feb-05, 21:06
It has something to do with the fact that with Charles being royalty he is not able to marry in a civil ceremony. Not quite sure of the facts. But apparently the marriage will not be illegal because the Lord chancellor says so.

~~Tides~~
24-Feb-05, 22:01
Its a pretty 'low key' wedding, when your parents dont even come! [lol] [lol]

Just shows what a useless bunch they really are.

2little2late
24-Feb-05, 22:08
The royals are only showing how disfunctional they really are.
Apparantly, the Queen offered Charles and Camilla the chance of a honeymoon in Paris with their own personal driver.

katarina
25-Feb-05, 10:13
Oh no, not PARIS! Surely to honeymoon in the city where Di died is a bit bad taste! I hope they turned it down!

hugh ross
25-Feb-05, 19:20
Think you missed with that one singapore!

katarina
25-Feb-05, 22:10
think i've been had!

Dons_Lad
28-Feb-05, 14:59
I think so too, though it was a bit harsh it was quite funny what was said about the driver etc. I don't particularly care about charles and camilla but the press seem to over-do it a bitty, after all it's only a wedding!