PDA

View Full Version : Honours project help from the orgers

Alice in Blunderland
20-Apr-13, 20:19
Im posting this plea on behalf of a local student ( my neighbour )studying at Robert Gordons. This is his honours project and he needs as much feedback as possible to help him get a good result. Ive copied and pasted his appeal from his facebook for you all to see and if you could please take a few moments to help him Im sure he would appreciate it.....and for the cooks out there you may find a tasty recipe. :D

HELLO FRIENDS.

I've built this super awesome recipe recommender system for my honours project this year, and it would be rad if you guys could evaluate it for me.

FUN HINT: If you've got Chrome, pretty please use that. I don't have time to fix the INTERFACE issues with IE. If you must though, it still works. Just might look a bit funky.

ANOTHER FUN HINT: Another timing issue means that if more than 1 person if using it at the same time, your ingredients might be effected by them. SORRY.

Thanks again everyone, it should take about 8 minutes.

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1229776/Recipe-Recommender-User-Experience

secrets in symmetry
20-Apr-13, 22:22
Recommending a dish from a range of ingredients is an interesting idea. The website works and it looks good. Well done Alice's neighbour!

I found one error - there's a missing image, here's the error message.

The requested URL /Recipe Images/sweet-potato-muffins.jpg was not found on this server.

I didn't complete the questionnaire, sorry.

Alice in Blunderland
21-Apr-13, 05:38
Thanks for looking and giving your feedback. All help and support is appreciated.

MerlinScot
21-Apr-13, 10:59
I tried to complete the questionnaire but... do we have to write the whole recipes or just the names? Like, Italian dessert = tiramisu.

Alice in Blunderland
22-Apr-13, 05:45
I just filled in the names. Thanks for looking at it.