PDA

View Full Version : Legalised Drug Dens in Brighton: Could it happen here?

Rheghead
18-Apr-13, 16:53
Brighton and Hove Council could be considering a report which recommends them to provide places where people could shoot up their drugs without fear of arrest.

Could it happen here? Would you want it to happen?

Is it worth a go to prevent the loss of life?

http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2013/04/18/brighton-may-make-a-safe-space-for-drug-users/20677?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Flynn
18-Apr-13, 18:13
People will do drugs regardless. Better they do it in a supervised place than leave needles etc. in streets and alleyways for children and pets to come across.

changilass
18-Apr-13, 18:16
People rob regardless, does that mean we shouldn't lock anything up or try to protect our property?

Rheghead
18-Apr-13, 18:27
People rob regardless, does that mean we shouldn't lock anything up or try to protect our property?

Aren't druggies just harming themselves? A bit different to your analogy.

cptdodger
18-Apr-13, 18:42

And where do you suppose the money comes from to fund their habit ?

mi16
18-Apr-13, 18:48
Brighton and Hove Council could be considering a report which recommends them to provide places where people could shoot up their drugs without fear of arrest.

Could it happen here? Would you want it to happen?

Is it worth a go to prevent the loss of life?

http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2013/04/18/brighton-may-make-a-safe-space-for-drug-users/20677?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Better plan to get them all in the den, then use the place as a live practice range for armed police officers.
Or perhaps take them to the hill and use as a hunting cannon fodder,

golach
18-Apr-13, 18:50

Junkies are the scum of the earth, put them down, not pander to them, they feed their habits by robbery, burglary and mugging.

Rheghead
18-Apr-13, 19:03
Junkies are the scum of the earth, put them down, not pander to them, they feed their habits by robbery, burglary and mugging.

But don't drunks do the same?

crayola
18-Apr-13, 19:29
I once did a shoot at the annual conference in Brighton when Maggie was Queen of Torts. I saw more crack cocaine in safe places that week than I've seen before or since. Oh ya I mingled with the upper class pretty boys, one flash of leg or cleavage and they were putty in my hands.

Rheghead
18-Apr-13, 19:35
I once did a shoot at the annual conference in Brighton when Maggie was Queen of Torts. I saw more crack cocaine in safe places that week than I've seen before or since. Oh ya I mingled with the upper class pretty boys, one flash of leg or cleavage and they were putty in my hands.

Do you mean that society only goes all out for the lower class type of druggie? The ones that stereotypically looks the part?

crayola
18-Apr-13, 19:40
Do you mean that society only goes all out for the lower class type of druggie? The ones that stereotypically looks the part?Yes of course. How could a sophisticated bloke like you ever think otherwise?

focusRS
18-Apr-13, 19:40
I once did a shoot at the annual conference in Brighton when Maggie was Queen of Torts. I saw more crack cocaine in safe places that week than I've seen before or since. Oh ya I mingled with the upper class pretty boys, one flash of leg or cleavage and they were putty in my hands.Sounds like you were dealing your own particular brand of crack.

Flynn
18-Apr-13, 21:27

They've been using the death penalty in Malaysia and Indonesia for decades. They still have significant drug issues. Would you also put down nicotine and alcohol addicts?

golach
18-Apr-13, 22:55
But don't drunks do the same?

Not my type of drunk, aged over 65, and with a taste for good malts [lol]

changilass
18-Apr-13, 23:00
Wether you like it or not, alcohol and nicotine are legal, drugs are not.

Just because you think a law is stupid, it doesn't mean you can break it, all you can do is stick within the law of the land and hope to make a good enough case to get the law changed.

Rheghead
18-Apr-13, 23:08

Just because you think a law is stupid, it doesn't mean you can break it, all you can do is stick within the law of the land and hope to make a good enough case to get the law changed.

But don't you think that there has to be a moral and logical basis for all laws? Any law that is not enforcible, promotes loss of life and social degradation has neither.

changilass
18-Apr-13, 23:12
I don't make the laws Rheggers, I just try to stick to them.

As I already said, make a good enough argument to the powers that be, its no good making it on here, nothing will happen.

Southern-Gal
19-Apr-13, 07:37
Would there not be a danger these safe rooms could end up as legalised suicide? A very easy way to overdose and end it all with no questions asked of those around them?

Flynn
19-Apr-13, 08:11

Whether you like it or not, alcohol and nicotine are drugs. They do far more damage to society than the illegal kind.

Rheghead
19-Apr-13, 12:18
I don't make the laws Rheggers, I just try to stick to them.

As I already said, make a good enough argument to the powers that be, its no good making it on here, nothing will happen.

Non enforcible laws against activities that don't harm others and immoral laws are just that. Why would anyone want to obey them?

ducati
19-Apr-13, 12:52
Non enforcible laws against activities that don't harm others and immoral laws are just that. Why would anyone want to obey them?

Trouble with us all thinking we are cleverer that the law makers is everyone has a different 'moral compass'. Anarchy is the only alternative.

I might think I can drive better than everyone else so the rules of the road shouldn't apply to me. :eek:

Rheghead
19-Apr-13, 12:57
Trouble with us all thinking we are cleverer that the law makers is everyone has a different 'moral compass'. Anarchy is the only alternative.

I might think I can drive better than everyone else so the rules of the road shouldn't apply to me. :eek:

There is a need for rules of the road though isn't there? I mean, if you break the rules then you could or very likely hurt someone else.

cesare
19-Apr-13, 13:58
i refuse to answer a post with more than one question mark i perceive it as trolling[lol]

Anfield
19-Apr-13, 17:38
Better plan to get them all in the den, then use the place as a live practice range for armed police officers.
Or perhaps take them to the hill and use as a hunting cannon fodder,

Has the Daily Mail not been printed today?

ducati
19-Apr-13, 19:14
There is a need for rules of the road though isn't there? I mean, if you break the rules then you could or very likely hurt someone else.

You may think so, I may not. That is the point I was making.

billmoseley
19-Apr-13, 19:43
It's not the drug takers that are the problem it's the pushers. They start you off with a free hit or 2 bang they have you hooked. deal with the pushers and growers and the problem should go away

Flynn
19-Apr-13, 20:18
It's not the drug takers that are the problem it's the pushers. They start you off with a free hit or 2 bang they have you hooked. deal with the pushers and growers and the problem should go away

We are dealing with the growers, now the Taliban are gone Afghanistan is growing a bumper crop of opium poppies.

billmoseley
20-Apr-13, 16:27
We are dealing with the growers, now the Taliban are gone Afghanistan is growing a bumper crop of opium poppies. i think you will find the taliban use drug money to buy and finance their evils ways.