PDA

View Full Version : Hillsborough

cptdodger
15-Apr-13, 11:12
On the 15th of April 1989, 24,000 Liverpool fans travelled to a football match.

96 never returned.

Rest In Peace x

Flynn
15-Apr-13, 11:13
RIP the 96.

cherokee
15-Apr-13, 16:05
God Bless them and their families. . . . RIP x

joxville
15-Apr-13, 17:49
You'd have to have a heart of some not to feel sympathy for those that died but I have to ask, what does the tragedy have to do with Caithness?

cptdodger
15-Apr-13, 18:02
what does the tragedy have to do with Caithness?

I live in Caithness, and it affected somebody close to me. This was just my way of showing a little respect to the ninety six people that lost their lives that day.

Flynn
15-Apr-13, 18:13
You'd have to have a heart of some not to feel sympathy for those that died but I have to ask, what does the tragedy have to do with Caithness?

Should only Liverpudlians mourn the tragedy? It was a disaster that affected us all, and it should be remembered. Like the 7/7 bombings in London, a tragedy that affected the nation, and as such should be remembered by the nation and not just Londoners. Or, closer to my life, Enniskillen, should not only be remembered by people in Enniskillen.

joxville
15-Apr-13, 18:34
Of course people everywhere can mourn tragedies of any scale, it was just a general observation because I see so much similar sentiments on other social media sites, I just wondered why someone would post about Hillsborough on here. Incidentally, I remember that day well, my friend lost his oldest son at Hillsborough.

yorkshire lassie
15-Apr-13, 18:37
Hillsborough touched many people in many parts of the world. I lived in Warrington at the time and worked with one of the victims of the appalling tragedy. The more that comes to light about what happened that day, the sicker I feel. Today is not about that for me, today is about remembering the victims.

RIP Ian Whelan and your fellow supporters. Gone but never forgotten to me x

rob murray
17-Apr-13, 16:25

1 The issue was covered up in one of the largest establishment cover ups of all time : and that effects every single person living in the UK, as we are all, or can all be affected by the ( mis ) justice system we all gain from this exposure

2 The football family and fraternity ( local ) horrified by what happened and expressing condolences of support and solidarity in the fight for justice for the 96

3 What an absolutely crass statement to make ...period

joxville
17-Apr-13, 20:50
What an absolutely crass statement to make ...periodI've been told that several times, I seem to have it down to a fine art.

cptdodger
18-Apr-13, 13:25
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-22196415

Rest In Peace Anne, knowing you fought tirelessly for justice for your son, and the other 95, you just never gave up x

And before you start Joxville, I am very well aware this has nothing to do with Caithness, it is about recognising a mothers fight for justice.

Anfield
19-Apr-13, 11:06
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-22196415

Rest In Peace Anne, knowing you fought tirelessly for justice for your son, and the other 95, you just never gave up x

And before you start Joxville, I am very well aware this has nothing to do with Caithness, it is about recognising a mothers fight for justice.

RIP Anne.
You & others won the major battles, so let us now win the war finally get justice for the 96.
Flags in Liverpool were lowered to half mast (http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2013/04/19/anne-williams-tributes-to-inspirational-hillsborough-campaigner-from-around-the-world-100252-33199470/) and tributes came in from around the world to confirm that Hillsborough was not just a Liverpool tragedy, but was felt around the world. JFT96