PDA

View Full Version : Come to the Org and hear the political views of the Southern English

crayola
13-Apr-13, 12:55
Passers by should note that the main protagonists on the Margaret Thatcher thread are Southern English and they live in Southern England. Most of the vociferous posters are English. This post is for information only.

sids
13-Apr-13, 12:59
Passers by should note that the main protagonists on the Margaret Thatcher thread are Southern English and they live in Southern England. Most of the vociferous posters are English. This post is for information only.

Not incomers, then, so at least they won't hit us.

Flynn
13-Apr-13, 12:59

Actually I live in the Midlands, and I'm from Coleraine, Belfast. Just out of curiosity, where do you live?

sids
13-Apr-13, 13:19
Actually I live in the Midlands, and I'm from Coleraine, Belfast. Just out of curiosity, where do you live?

You're English by choice.

Flynn
13-Apr-13, 13:28
You're English by choice.

Not being a racist or a bigot, I have no problem with that.

sids
13-Apr-13, 13:31
Not being..... a bigot

We shall be the judge of that.

Flynn
13-Apr-13, 13:34
We shall be the judge of that.

Naturally, you being well experienced in it. That's a hell of an affectation, referring to yourself with the pluralis majestatis.

sids
13-Apr-13, 13:52
Naturally, you being well experienced in it. That's a hell of an affectation, referring to yourself with the pluralis majestatis.

"Oh dear, Philip!
Flynn has rumbled us."

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh236/tritonthrasher/image-20_zpseb25fece.jpg (http://s257.photobucket.com/user/tritonthrasher/media/image-20_zpseb25fece.jpg.html)

John Little
13-Apr-13, 15:12

Ey oop thee - Ah's a Northerner fae Cumberland, 30 miles south o't border and of irreproachable descent.

Doaant tha call me a southerner!

yours faithfully

John Gordon Little

By Dand!

Serenity
13-Apr-13, 15:26
I'm quite capable of reading the handy wee location info bit myself thanks. And I had noticed, although I don't know why it matters. In fact a lot quite clearly state their location there whereas yours is blank?

crayola
14-Apr-13, 01:13
I'm quite capable of reading the handy wee location info bit myself thanks. And I had noticed, although I don't know why it matters. In fact a lot quite clearly state their location there whereas yours is blank?Ah but this thread is intended for passers-by which you are not. I am here, there and everywhere but I am living mostly near the rings of Saturn this year. I can see you all and I know where you all live. Which isn't always where you all say you live. I am not the Goddess but I can see with her eyes when necessary. ;)

Shaggy
14-Apr-13, 01:35
Ah but this thread is intended for passers-by which you are not. I am here, there and everywhere but I am living mostly near the rings of Saturn this year. I can see you all and I know where you all live. Which isn't always where you all say you live. I am not the Goddess but I can see with her eyes when necessary. ;)

Should rename the thread

"Come to the Org and read the incessant ramblings of native pi**heads"

It's all you see these days on the org apart from a few good posters, but then again their threads are often griefed or hijacked by the aforementioned....

Phill
14-Apr-13, 09:48
From the dawn of time we came; moving silently down through the centuries, living many secret lives, struggling to reach the time of the Gathering; when the few who remain will battle to the last. No one has ever known we were among you... until now.

Mik.M.
14-Apr-13, 11:00
"Come to the Org and read the incessant ramblings of native pi**heads"

Just about sums it up lately :-)

DILLIGAF

crayola
14-Apr-13, 14:32
Most of those not from southern England appear to be from northern England. And one is withholding his true position. I know but I'm not telling. ;)

Flynn
14-Apr-13, 14:42
Most of those not from southern England appear to be from northern England. And one is withholding his true position. I know but I'm not telling. ;)

That suggests to me you can see members' IP addresses, which means you are either a moderator or you have access to a moderator's account on the Org. It then follows that we should ask the question, why would you use such a position of supposed impartiality and trust to start a thread designed to cause argument on the Org?

crayola
14-Apr-13, 14:45
Ha ha there are always doubters of a witch's second sight. ;)

crayola
14-Apr-13, 14:48
A witch is always wary of those who would speak of burning her sisters. Even the most wicked of sisters. :p

Flynn
14-Apr-13, 14:59
A witch is always wary of those who would speak of burning her sisters. Even the most wicked of sisters. :p

Fortunately there are no such things as witches or magic, so I'll not worry.

crayola
14-Apr-13, 15:12
Ah but did you not tell us there will be a witch burning on the streets of London this Wednesday? Lock up your cats sisters for they may attempt to follow into the pyre. :(

Flynn
14-Apr-13, 15:14
Ah but did you not tell us there will be a witch burning on the streets on London this Wednesday?

It was the politest word I could use without being banned.

Phill
14-Apr-13, 16:24
...... of irreproachable descent.Yeah, right!

That suggests to me you can see members' IP addresses, which means you are either a moderator or you have access to a moderator's account on the Org.Pointless. IP masking and use of a proxy is easy done. ;)

Fortunately there are no such things as witches or magic, so I'll not worry.Those of a closed mind will never find true enlightenment.

Ha ha there are always doubters of a witch's second sight. ;)There is a unique 'sight' that can be tapped in Caithness!

Flynn
14-Apr-13, 16:36
Yeah, right!

Pointless. IP masking and use of a proxy is easy done. ;)
Those of a closed mind will never find true enlightenment.

There is a unique 'sight' that can be tapped in Caithness!

I'm an atheist, an adult and no longer believe fairy tales or require imaginary friends.

John Little
14-Apr-13, 16:37
Bah 'eck lad - ye doot that I am descended from Lairds and Mormaors?

Black puddings at dawn for thee!!

Ecky thump!

JimH
14-Apr-13, 23:27
I'm on the "Org", as I spent 4 years in Caithness. However, I have found some of the ramblings here, on many occasions, to lead me to wonder about the state of mind of some of the protagonists. I know the Scottish education system is far superior to the English system, which leaves me wondering where it all went wrong.
This is not a dig at anybody, but I do fear for the referendum to come. I'm a non believer, so I can't pray for you, but I wish you all you wish yourselves.

Phill
14-Apr-13, 23:40
Black puddings at dawn for thee!!I care not not for your Mormaors.
My family up until recently enjoyed the privileges of a fine estate in Cheshire, in Mr Osborne's constituency no less, however, a member of the Cheshire set it does not make me.

(Stornoway Black Pudding I trust?)

cesare
15-Apr-13, 00:34

doesn't suprise me.. prob kicked from there local forums..so they group/clic together to troll anywhere/anyone who gives a reaction [lol]

M Swanson
15-Apr-13, 08:09
I'm on the "Org", as I spent 4 years in Caithness. However, I have found some of the ramblings here, on many occasions, to lead me to wonder about the state of mind of some of the protagonists. I know the Scottish education system is far superior to the English system, which leaves me wondering where it all went wrong.
This is not a dig at anybody, but I do fear for the referendum to come. I'm a non believer, so I can't pray for you, but I wish you all you wish yourselves.

Yes, I know what you mean Jim. Sadly, mental illness is no respecter of intelligence, or education. :(

joxville
15-Apr-13, 09:47
Ah but this thread is intended for passers-by which you are not. I am here, there and everywhere but I am living mostly near the rings of Saturn this year. I can see you all and I know where you all live. Which isn't always where you all say you live. I am not the Goddess but I can see with her eyes when necessary. ;)Hmmm, that's strange, when I looked up in the sky towards your location all I could see was Uranus twinkling!

joxville
15-Apr-13, 09:58
I may live in the south of England but I use the org to keep in touch with Caithness, a place I lived for 11 years. I'm not Caithness born but I consider it home, more so than my home town of Barrhead. Whenever I cross the Ord I get a nice, warm feeling that I'm returning home. I was up in Caithness two weeks ago and met up with people who I've chatted to for a few years on here, it was great to finally meet them, but for anyone to suggest there's a clique on here, I can off this: Would you chat to and be friendly with people you can't stand? Surely that's how friendships are borne, that you mix with like minded people, not that you'll always agree with them, but there's a mutual respect and understanding of each other.

I love Caithness and its people, and miss it terribly, but I'd move back tomorrow if I could.

mi16
15-Apr-13, 10:18

Makes you wonder what you would want to post on the Caithness community website for?

Flynn
15-Apr-13, 10:55
Because I have holidayed in Caithness and Skye in the past. I joined this forum when our local cycle club were considering a LEJOG. However, having read the threads on Caithness driving we have decided to do an LEL instead.

mi16
15-Apr-13, 10:58
You do reaslise Skye is not in Caithness dont you?

Go on then what is LEL?

Flynn
15-Apr-13, 11:03
You do reaslise Skye is not in Caithness dont you?

Go on then what is LEL?

Of course, I didn't say it was. "I have holidayed in Caithness and Skye". How did you interpret that as meaning Skye is in Caithness?

LEL = London - Edinburgh - London.

mi16
15-Apr-13, 11:13
Of course, I didn't say it was. "I have holidayed in Caithness and Skye". How did you interpret that as meaning Skye is in Caithness?

LEL = London - Edinburgh - London.

Aah I didnt realise you were just listing your holiday hotspots.

Aah LEL makes sense to me now, with the number of counties that you need to pass through on the way I dont think you should have any concerns about the Caithness stretch, its only 30 miles from Reay to JOG.
Or you could always be a bit different and do Dover to Cape Wrath.

Tugmistress
15-Apr-13, 11:16
Wise choice flynn lol
it's interesting to see that there is so much disdain for us incomers, white settlers or whatever you want to call us. I had forgotten why i stopped posting so much on here, now i remember why.

golach
15-Apr-13, 11:31
Wise choice flynn lol
it's interesting to see that there is so much disdain for us incomers, white settlers or whatever you want to call us. I had forgotten why i stopped posting so much on here, now i remember why.
Ach Tuggs, you know we all love you, not all Kaithnessians are like that, just the ignorant few

macadamia
15-Apr-13, 11:59
I've lived in quite a few countries, and my experience has been that the largest part of any population is friendly, helpful, reasonable, intelligent, and kind. Then there is a small component who are xenophobic, brutish, pig-ignorant, backward, insensitive (unless someone gives THEM a grievance), myopic, and basically rude. This has nothing to do with nationality, creed, race, ethnic background, schooling, or any other external factor - it is a universal truth. So if from time to time you come across one of the latter variety, don't fret. The majority of the other types make up for it.

And you have the pleasure of knowing that the person in the second category is doomed to be wretched and miserable and lonely and unloved until such time as he works out why people avoid him and his influence.

So take heart, ye Incomers of Caithness- of whose number I have the privilege to be a Trainee Incomer (I haven't done 20 years yet!) - all will be well in the best of all possible worlds, and Caithness is up there with the best for kind hearts and soft words.

Flynn
15-Apr-13, 12:09
I've lived in quite a few countries, and my experience has been that the largest part of any population is friendly, helpful, reasonable, intelligent, and kind. Then there is a small component who are xenophobic, brutish, pig-ignorant, backward, insensitive (unless someone gives THEM a grievance), myopic, and basically rude. This has nothing to do with nationality, creed, race, ethnic background, schooling, or any other external factor - it is a universal truth. So if from time to time you come across one of the latter variety, don't fret. The majority of the other types make up for it.

And you have the pleasure of knowing that the person in the second category is doomed to be wretched and miserable and lonely and unloved until such time as he works out why people avoid him and his influence.

So take heart, ye Incomers of Caithness- of whose number I have the privilege to be a Trainee Incomer (I haven't done 20 years yet!) - all will be well in the best of all possible worlds, and Caithness is up there with the best for kind hearts and soft words.

Voltaire's Candide?

macadamia
15-Apr-13, 12:11
Elements of it, Flynn me lad! Look for the goodness, and you'll find it. Same goes for evil. Your choice, always.

shazzap
15-Apr-13, 12:19
I now try to ignore the ignorant few.

rob murray
15-Apr-13, 16:50

And.....your point is ?

mi16
15-Apr-13, 16:58
Crayola stated that it was FYI only, therefore there is no point to be made

Flynn
15-Apr-13, 17:03
If there is no point or agenda behind the statement, why post it at all? Seems to me it's a not so subtle attempt to stir up trouble.

Phill
15-Apr-13, 18:19
If only you believed in witch's you'd understand.

gaza
15-Apr-13, 18:55
Yes, I know what you mean Jim. Sadly, mental illness is no respecter of intelligence, or education. :(

You just cant help yourself Ms Swanson, can you :~(

crayola
16-Apr-13, 13:09
Posting helpful information is not allowed on the Org. So thank you everyone who gave reputation for the first post on this thread. The truth is often painful.

Phill
16-Apr-13, 14:53
Some people just don't appreciate a little help!

M Swanson
16-Apr-13, 18:23
Whilst others are beyond help.

crayola
17-Apr-13, 14:43
Or redemption.

rob murray
17-Apr-13, 16:12
Crayola stated that it was FYI only, therefore there is no point to be made

Cop out and well you know it...what is the implicit issue being highlighted here ie "main protagonists...southern english...vociferous posters are English"...whats that all about or is it a big so what..so why even mention this ???

crayola
17-Apr-13, 18:27
Crayola stated that it was FYI only, therefore there is no point to be madeThat's absolutely right and it was intended as information only for passers-by who might think erroneously that the thread is dominated by Caithnessians. We are a helpful people.