PDA

View Full Version : Cats

crayola
13-Apr-13, 00:27
How many cats do you have?

ValandGeorge
13-Apr-13, 00:31
Two Bengal pussy cats, both female and both just that little bit nutty!

Phill
13-Apr-13, 00:52
Despicable, pointless pets.

ducati
13-Apr-13, 01:01
er.. more than 4

ducati
13-Apr-13, 01:17

So how many then?

dragonfly
13-Apr-13, 07:25
at one point I had 4, I now only have one :-(

Phill
13-Apr-13, 08:08
So how many then?None! My neighbours seem to have plenty that come and crap in my garden though.

Gronnuck
13-Apr-13, 08:36
How many cats do you have?

Wrong question since dogs have owners - cats have staff. SWMBO and I are staff to two cats, :D;)

orkneycadian
13-Apr-13, 08:45
Never seen any pollcats (spelling?) in these parts.

sids
13-Apr-13, 10:10
Never seen any pollcats (spelling?) in these parts.

We're you on the anti-polecats protest riots, back in Margaret Thatcher's day?

Southern-Gal
13-Apr-13, 10:17
Two, both girls :)

cptdodger
13-Apr-13, 12:13
I have two, a boy and a girl !

crayola
13-Apr-13, 12:49
I have three. Two girls and an imaginary boy who's blacker than night on Pluto. :)

orkneycadian
13-Apr-13, 13:40
We're you on the anti-polecats protest riots, back in Margaret Thatcher's day?

Not having any pole-cats in these parts, there wasn't a big appetite for them (the riots, not the polecats...) The birdy folk have been engaged in some anti-stoat protests lately over here, but I don't think they have got as far as rioting yet.

Flynn
13-Apr-13, 13:46
Never trust a person who claims to hate animals.

Dadie
13-Apr-13, 22:49
One cat owns me.
He has catzimers (forgets he has just been fed) as soon as I move its meiow...feed me...NOW!

Oddquine
13-Apr-13, 23:12
Got a dog..but not keen on cats, though we always had one when I was a kid (and rabbits and white mice...and a dog, of course) Like kittens though...just kinda go off them when they become bossier than me.

crayola
14-Apr-13, 01:23
My imaginary black cat Cauchy went out and hasn't been home for three days. The girls are missing him. Especially the one that's in season.

Korky
14-Apr-13, 09:20
3. 2 boys and 1 girl (plus 2 dogs) all get along reasonable well. Had 6 cats at one point, cant see myself ever being without a cat. or two.

orkneycadian
14-Apr-13, 11:44
Does no-one call animals by their proper sexual names for males and females anymore? Or are all the posters above listing their children?

annemarie482
14-Apr-13, 11:51
Never answered the poll as a second option for no would have been good.
I vote none, and wouldn't want one. But I don't HATE them....

George Brims
15-Apr-13, 18:35
There's a pet with a point?

gaza
15-Apr-13, 18:59
None! My neighbours seem to have plenty that come and crap in my garden though.

Yep :~( me too.

John Little
15-Apr-13, 19:25
There's a pet with a point?Yep. There are no rodents suffered to live near our property. Our moggies believe in earning their pay. :)

Phill
15-Apr-13, 20:23
There's a pet with a point?Fair point!

luskentyre
15-Apr-13, 23:26

Despicable, pointless post.

Cats are wonderful creatures but it takes a certain standard of human being to appreciate them.

crayola
17-Apr-13, 14:49
Especially when they're in season.

Phill
17-Apr-13, 16:59

Cats are wonderful creatures but it takes a certain standard of human being to appreciate them.Maybe. But what I don't understand is why do so many people have these wonderful creatures as pets only to let them roam the neighbourhood day & night making their mess in other peoples gardens and howling & wailing through the night.
My kids made a den in the corner of the garden only for it to riddled with cat urine and crap through the night. Am I to prevent my children playing in my garden for the risk of getting infections from other peoples pets?

If I let my pet dog roam through other peoples gardens and crapping on kids toys I'm pretty sure I would have my head stoved in by my neighbours. There are at least a dozen wonderful cats around here that spend the night wailing and screaming at each other yet similarly if I let my dog out to bark all night I would be causing a nuisance.

I am obviously sub standard because I don't allow my pet to crap and pish over other peoples property and make a nuisance all night.

crayola
17-Apr-13, 18:37
You're unlucky not to have witches as neighbours for our cats do not defecate where they shouldn't. My imaginary cat gets caught short sometimes whereupon he takes a short cut and returns home on another sheet. :)

JimH
21-Apr-13, 07:36

Cats are wonderful creatures but it takes a certain standard of human being to appreciate them.
My Dog Loves them ---For breakfast---, They keep away from our garden.

celtchicky
21-Apr-13, 11:38
Cats are wonderful creatures but it takes a certain standard of human being to appreciate them.totally agree!

focusRS
22-Apr-13, 11:12
Maybe. But what I don't understand is why do so many people have these wonderful creatures as pets only to let them roam the neighbourhood day & night making their mess in other peoples gardens and howling & wailing through the night.My kids made a den in the corner of the garden only for it to riddled with cat urine and crap through the night. Am I to prevent my children playing in my garden for the risk of getting infections from other peoples pets?If I let my pet dog roam through other peoples gardens and crapping on kids toys I'm pretty sure I would have my head stoved in by my neighbours. There are at least a dozen wonderful cats around here that spend the night wailing and screaming at each other yet similarly if I let my dog out to bark all night I would be causing a nuisance.I am obviously sub standard because I don't allow my pet to crap and pish over other peoples property and make a nuisance all night.I spent most of Sunday getting the garden ready for the good weather, cutting grass, power washing the pavement and getting the bairns garden toys out of the shed.
The amount of moggy fruit I had to pick up was disgusting so I had to jeyes fluid the whole garden.
I used to work with a bloke that swore by a super soaker filled with a strong mustard powder mix and when a neighbours gimme was about to pinch one off on his lawn he would cut loose with his super soaker like Rambo on terrorists.
I must head into the town tonight and purchase a super soaker, a large tin of colman's mustard powder and some Tabasco sauce for that extra zing.
Felines defecating in my garden beware.

donnick
22-Apr-13, 13:44
I have a big ginger tom and 2 jack russells, my tom is the boss and the dog well know it .H treats the house like a hotel and annoys me by me tending to letting him out at least 3 time in out in the evening but that's my responsibility as a pet owner and i wouldn't change him for the world ....I also would quite happy let a neighbour blast him with a water pistol to stop him peeing in their garden it ain't gonna hurt him and the neighbour are happy

Gizmo
22-Apr-13, 13:54
The negative comments in this thread remind me exactly why I love cats, and all other animals, and dislike most people.

crayola
27-Apr-13, 16:46
Cauchy came home eventually. He's simple so he brought a residue home with him. :)