PDA

View Full Version : Cinema 3d

Glynsu
12-Apr-13, 22:17
Its great to see the Cinema back to life. The new system with the surround sound isv fabulous. However I and many like me are now dismayed that 3D is apparrently now dominant. There are many film watchers that do not like 3D and will not go to a 3D film. Today, GI Joe opened and apart from a showing at 16:40, the rest of the evening showings were in 3D.
I would have thought that to be fair at least one evening showing should be a 2D normal viewing. I was looking forward to seeing the new Star Trek Movie that arrives on the 9th May. If its in 3D I shall not go and on hearing people talk, I probably will not be the only one. Which would be a shame

Flynn
13-Apr-13, 08:33
I like the 3D. Tron: Legacy was outstanding. in 3D.

sids
13-Apr-13, 08:45
I love it and can't wait for 4D!

orkneycadian
13-Apr-13, 08:48
Are there any films on featuring 36D?

sids
13-Apr-13, 08:53
Are there any films on featuring 36D?

When will this one reach Thurso?

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh236/tritonthrasher/image-20_zpsaab9ac02.jpg (http://s257.photobucket.com/user/tritonthrasher/media/image-20_zpsaab9ac02.jpg.html)

Rheghead
13-Apr-13, 10:32
I expect, when the time comes, there will be some people who will complain about the emergence of holodeck technology in much the same way when the talkies superseded the silent flicks.

sids
13-Apr-13, 10:34
I expect, when the time comes, there will be some people who will complain about the emergence of holodeck technology in much the same way when the talkies superseded the silent flicks.

The organists had every right to complain.

Bobinovich
13-Apr-13, 10:42
I understand there are quite a few people who can't 'see' 3D for whatever reason, and some young children who just will not sit for an hour and a half with the glasses on, so I don't think having a couple of 2D performances available is too big an ask if it's feasible for the cinema to do so.

sids
13-Apr-13, 10:45
I understand there are quite a few people who can't 'see' 3D for whatever reason, and some young children who just will not sit for an hour and a half with the glasses on, so I don't think having a couple of 2D performances available is too big an ask if it's feasible for the cinema to do so.

They have to put on the shows that people will buy tickets to see. The 2D performances would end up empty, or full of people complaining because they thought it was going to be 3D.