PDA

View Full Version : Burning witches

crayola
11-Apr-13, 22:45
Do people think evil witches should be banned, burned or eulogised? I may soon make enquiries as to availability of land at the mart in Thurso to progress my ambition of realising the Caithness and Sutherland School of Witchcraft (CSSW). If this comes to pass you may soon have the chance to take classes in which we will discuss the problem of how to deal with evil witches in small tutorials led by experts. :)

golach
11-Apr-13, 23:01
Auld Reekie had a much more entertaining way of deciding if one was guilty of witchcraft. The accused was taken to the Nor Loch, now Princes St Gardens, where the accused was thrown in to the Nor Loch, if they drowned, they were innocent,but if they floated, they were guilty of being a witch, then taken to a post on the Esplanade at the castle and set on fire, very entertaining for the watching public.

John Little
11-Apr-13, 23:06
We're you there then Golach? :)

crayola
11-Apr-13, 23:09
Aye golly, they didn't mess around with a fair trial in the olden days in the reekie toon. We once had an Edinburgh witch recount her city's history.

golach
11-Apr-13, 23:09
We're you there then Golach? :)

Was the witch hunter in Chief [lol]

crayola
11-Apr-13, 23:35
You can be the CSSW mascot golly. We'll stuff you and place you above the front entrance. You'll live forever :)

gaza
12-Apr-13, 20:02
ooops thought i'd stumbled on another thread about maggie thatcher...........

orkneycadian
12-Apr-13, 20:30
Will the course be covering the use of broomsticks and hallucinogenic drugs?

crayola
13-Apr-13, 00:12
The basic courses will cover all the standard topics you'd expect. At higher levels we'll tailor the syllabuses with the interests of our customer base in mind.

orkneycadian
13-Apr-13, 13:50
If this comes to pass you may soon have the chance to take classes in which we will discuss the problem of how to deal with evil witches in small tutorials led by experts. :)

Apparantly dropping small theatrical sheds on them, or a squirt of Highland Spring is known to be very effective. Will the course cover the building of the theatrical shed, or do we have to pick them up from Homebase on the way to the class?

Flynn
14-Apr-13, 10:14
It is still done. There's a public burning of one next Wednesday in London.

John Little
14-Apr-13, 10:30
Careful Flynn. Police chiefs have warned that you can be arrested for "upsetting mourners". No - not in North Korea. In London......

crayola
18-Apr-13, 19:19
It is still done. There's a public burning of one next Wednesday in London.ha ha very good. :) I shall forgive the burners for that one. ;)