PDA

View Full Version : Calling all dance fans! Ballroom and Latin dance workshops in Thurso 8th June

heathfieldgunn
11-Apr-13, 08:41
Hi
Caroline Coomber, a professional Ballroom and Latin Dance Teacher from Elgin is returning to Thurso after 3 years to hold dance workshops on the 8th June. She will be teaching 4 classes over the day with a social dance in the evening to get together and have a bit of practice. If this is a success, Caroline is hoping that this could become a more regular event. Three years ago, this was held in Wick and Thurso, and was great fun. No times or venue are confirmed yet, but I will keep you updated and please contact me if you are interested as it will help to get an idea of numbers (already a number of enquiries through other dance classes!)

heathfieldgunn
23-Apr-13, 18:14
Okay guys, I now have time and place for the classes - Park Hotel, Thurso on Saturday the 8th June. Workshops are starting at 11am with Waltz and Foxtrot, 12 noon will be Quickstep and Tango. After lunch there will be Cha Cha and Samba at 2pm and lastly Jive and Paso Doble at 3pm. In the evening there will be a social dance to get a bit of practice in with Caroline there to keep us right. Tickets are available from me on 01847 892658 or by email on heathfieldgunn@gmail.com at £5 for each class. If you do 3 you will get the 4th one free and if you attend the classes the social dance is free too. Please get in touch as it would be good to get tickets before the day for numbers, but you can still arrive on the day and pay at the door.

heathfieldgunn
25-May-13, 20:34
Any brides or grooms out there needing a few pointers for the big day? Anyone who wants to be able to trundle round the dancefloor with a wee bit more confidence? Any fans of strictly that would like to have a taster to see if they could give Brendan a run for his money? Everyone is welcome to come along and have a go on this day of lessons. The teacher is lovely, has lots of patience and by the end of the class you should be able to make your way round the dancefloor in tune with your partner. There are a good bunch of people signed up already for the day so let me know if you want to be part of the fun!

heathfieldgunn
11-Jun-13, 23:26
Well the day was a great success, with loads of people turning up for the classes - so much interest that the teacher is coming back probably the 13th July so if you are interested let me know! See you at the Live Jive on Sunday at the Park Hotel for some dancing!