PDA

View Full Version : Oh No Second

the charlatans
12-Jan-07, 23:16
something lighthearted for Friday night.

an Oh No Second is that nanosecond after you've done something that you reeeeeeeallly wish hadn't happened.

i've got 2, the moment i put my foot through the loft floor into the ceiling below. oh boy wasn't hubby pleased about that. 2 weeks before we were selling up too! guess who was painting that night!

and coming out the changing rooms at work with ma dress hem tucked in ma pants. :eek:

wots yours?

Cedric Farthsbottom III
12-Jan-07, 23:21
My nanosecond or ma Oh No Second was going up to a lassie in a nightclub and saying"Hello,how ya doin'".To be told,"Don't even bother mate I'm a lesbian"

She was tidy though!!

Alice in Blunderland
13-Jan-07, 00:11
Okay heres a classic goof I made many years ago....

Whilst working in a local well know retail shop one quiet afternoon, a few of my collegues and I were all standing round the till at the top of the shop. The door opens and a familiar customer comes in and starts to wander around.

"Oh thats Mrs 'Mckay' " says one of the girls "Oh yes is my reply" "You know shes been having an affair with Mrs 'Smith's' husband 'John' for years"..."never" says I and so the conversation goes on about this long standing romance.

The customer knowing shes stopping our conversation comes over to the counter and I proceed to serve her. "Can I pay my account?" she asks "Yes" no problem is my reply and I turn to pull the account ledger from the shelf. Without asking I slam open the book and state "Mrs 'Smith' isnt it"......!!!.... ??? :eek:

Intantly all my collegues dive out of sight although I can clearly hear the muffled squeals of laughter.......

"Well really, I dont know what made me think your name was 'Smith' " ....

(obviously the conversation prior to my serving this poor lady) momments later having paid the proper account she left.

I dont know whos face was redder hers or mine and the staff never let me live my goof down for weeks.:lol: I still see Mrs 'Mckay' regularly and both she, as well as I ,probably still remember that day like yesterday!

As you may have guessed all names have been changed to protect poor Mrs 'Mckay' but that was my nano second I wished I could rewind so that I could have stopped my mouth from blurting that one out.

cuddlepop
13-Jan-07, 14:07
I'm renowned for putting my foot in it,so I'll tell you the latest.
At work we were discussing an unfortunate accident which ment the woman in question's brother lost his leg.He was a sailor which would of ment he could no longer go to sea.
Believe it or not I said it was a shame he lost his sea legs.:eek:

jings00
13-Jan-07, 18:07
years ago, having problems getting my electric lighter to work, i decided to hold it to my ear to hear if there was gas escaping to see if lack of gas was the problem. held the lighter up to my ear, click - ouch!!! soon as i had clicked the lighter to release the gas - it lit. and i knew as soon as i had clicked, it was a stupid thing to do.duh.

Alice in Blunderland
13-Jan-07, 18:22
years ago, having problems getting my electric lighter to work, i decided to hold it to my ear to hear if there was gas escaping to see if lack of gas was the problem. held the lighter up to my ear, click - ouch!!! soon as i had clicked the lighter to release the gas - it lit. and i knew as soon as i had clicked, it was a stupid thing to do.duh.

This one has just reminded me of another oh no momment...years ago when at my grans house one weekend she decided to show me how to bake pancakes.The cooker she had at the time was one of the cookers with the solid ceramic plates...... having turned the plate on she then proceeded to show me what to do and when we were ready to put the girdle on the plate gran asked me to check the plate was on....

duh instead of looking at the nob I set my hand flat on the plate...yes, :eek: it was on...yes, I was stupid ....and finally yes, I got not a hint of sympathy from my gran just a right bawling for being so stupid as to set my hand on a hot plate :lol: .

I could fill this thread with loads of goofs and oh no momments as I seem to have had a few.....next one tomorrow night....

Wizzbang
13-Jan-07, 21:20
Years ago I was showing visitors around a rig I was working on they asked about the alarm system and I showed thenm a break glass point and I said "you just tap it like this " opps I tapped to hard

Alice in Blunderland
13-Jan-07, 21:30
Thought Id post this one since Weeboyagees away for the weekend. Do you think this could be his Oh No momment

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/alice67/raymondandbride.jpg

:eek:

connieb19
13-Jan-07, 21:53
Thought Id post this one since Weebopyagees away for the weekend. Do you think this could be his Oh No momment

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/alice67/raymondandbride.jpg

I rekon it's his "OH,YES" moment. :eek:

sam
13-Jan-07, 22:41
he's looking well happy anyway lol ;) :lol:

Alice in Blunderland
13-Jan-07, 23:15
Nope , it was definately an OH NO! momment ....the smiles in the photo are because he realises shes not for real and wont cramp his style. :lol: Alas she was last seen lying around the floor of the Portlands later on that night totally legless. :eek:

crayola
14-Jan-07, 02:18
Oooh, there's a fine looking wee boyagie. Pity he's taken. Lucky lady. Love the dress.

My Oh No moment was one morning on the Piccadilly line when the creep sitting opposite looked up from his Daily Mirror and saw me in real life. I got off at the next stop, ran out onto the street and took a cab to my next job. It took me at least an hour to calm down.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
14-Jan-07, 23:10
Have another Oh No Second moment

Yer in the street in Wick and having a fag when someone passes ye and says are ye Cedric Farthsbottom III.Man yer heart disnae half skip:lol: