PDA

View Full Version : Msn

jac1791
12-Jan-07, 22:49
Has anyone else had any problems with MSN.
I just logged on to messenger to find my daughter signed in -- I sent her a message and she replied -- only problem was -- she was sitting with me and her laptop hadn't been turned on all day!!!! maybe I have ghosts!!!!!

rfr10
12-Jan-07, 22:52
I've heard this happening to people before. Someone could be hacking into her msn, you should change the password for the account and not make the answer to the seceret question too obvious.

angela5
12-Jan-07, 22:54
Have you recently installed the new version of msn?

sweetpea
13-Jan-07, 00:00
i have exactly same prob. It tells me I'm logged on at another computer and my msn comes up when other users are on my computer even though they don't use msn or are registered with it

sweetpea
13-Jan-07, 00:15
We need one of those technical wizards like Tiger Jones to come along;)

jac1791
13-Jan-07, 13:14
who ever was using it had the cheek to talk back to us!!!!

sam
13-Jan-07, 13:49
has your daughter ever used a mates msn? if so it could simply be a case of them having a bit of fun:lol: :lol:

jac1791
13-Jan-07, 13:55
think only one would have been her dads partners duaghters one but that was a year ago and theres a big age difference so really dont think they would go on her one

we have now changed her pass word so only me and her know it -- she wont even tell her brother lol

donnasmithy27
13-Jan-07, 16:31
hi Jac, would you be able to tell me how to change the password on msn as ive been looking for ages and cant find out how to do it,

danc1ngwitch
13-Jan-07, 17:53
only prob i find wea msn is that the cam goes a little wonky from time ta time. Ah but then i never use it a whole lot. Yahoo sometimes keeps u online but doesna talk ta u lol.. hmmmm time for a p/w change i'd say

Rheghead
13-Jan-07, 17:53
Does anyone know how to stop 'MSN Today' from popping up but allowing MSN messenger?

henry20
13-Jan-07, 17:56
Rheghead, Go into tools, options, general and uncheck the box next to : display MSN today when messenger signs in. :)

henry20
13-Jan-07, 18:02
who ever was using it had the cheek to talk back to us!!!!

I would have your own bit of fun and send a message back saying 'Your aunt Freda has been rushed to hospital, we need you home now' (invent the aunt or you will feel terrible if something happened to poor old aunt freda) I did this once when someone stole my mobile while I was on holiday - I hope it gave them a guilt trip - even if only a small one.

pirateeye
13-Jan-07, 20:43
I just logged on to messenger to find my daughter signed in -- I sent her a message and she replied -- only problem was -- she was sitting with me and her laptop hadn't been turned on all day!!!! maybe I have ghosts!!!!!
i had this trouble before when i was on holiday last year. i was using the laptop and wanted to use msn, so i signed in, but no matter how hard i tried it kept signing me out...so i signed in on one of my other e-mails, and i was online, on my main e-mail!! so i spoke to myself and i replied, only to find out it was my sister back home using my msn to talk to our friends... haha:lol: :lol: (nevermind)

oldmarine
14-Jan-07, 01:05

I use MSN with out any problem like that. I have a good password that would be difficult to copy. I suggest you change your password and use one that is way out of the ordinary.

Ricco
15-Jan-07, 08:20
Rheghead, Go into tools, options, general and uncheck the box next to : display MSN today when messenger signs in. :)

I get the same problem as Rheghead, but my option for turning it off is greyed out. Is there some way of changing the flag in the source file?

henry20
15-Jan-07, 09:04
Sorry Ricco, can't help you out on that one - the only one greyed out with me is the 'open messanger main window when messanger starts' option. All the rest are blacked out. Should be the 4th option down, but they are worded differently depending which version you have. Sorry, can't help you. :confused

Stumurf
15-Jan-07, 10:47
I get the same problem as Rheghead, but my option for turning it off is greyed out. Is there some way of changing the flag in the source file?

it sounds like you are trying to change it when your not logged in....

make sure you have signed in and connected before trying to change any of the options...

Hope it works...

Rheghead
15-Jan-07, 17:57
After Tools>Options, I don't have a 'general' tab at all, anyway, don't know how but MSN Today has gone so I'm sorted! :)

henry20
15-Jan-07, 18:14
After Tools>Options, I don't have a 'general' tab at all, anyway, don't know how but MSN Today has gone so I'm sorted!

You may be on the older/newer version - can't remember which - I have 1 on work computer & 1 on home computer. If it re-appears, you should click the down arrow next to your name, a menu will appear, go to personal settings, then general and uncheck the box titled : Display MSN today when messenger signs in. :)

Other than that, I give up :lol: