PDA

View Full Version : Who would you be?

secrets in symmetry
05-Apr-13, 22:56
Who would you be if you weren't yourself?

I'd be Mick Jagger - in 1971.

shazzap
05-Apr-13, 22:58
I would go back, and find myself.

secrets in symmetry
05-Apr-13, 23:02
In case anyone thinks my threads are influenced by what I'm watching on TV - they'd be dead right! :cool:

May I accompany you in your time travel shazzap? I'd like to find you too.

shazzap
05-Apr-13, 23:03
Oh to be able to time travel. Knowing all you do now.

secrets in symmetry
05-Apr-13, 23:06
Oh to be able to time travel. Knowing all you do now.Yes, but if you found yourself in 1971, would you know what you know now, or would you know only what you knew then?

ducati
05-Apr-13, 23:08
Yes, but if you found yourself in 1971, would you know what you know now, or would you know only what you knew then?

I knew everything in 1971, it's now I'm struggling.

secrets in symmetry
05-Apr-13, 23:20
I knew everything in 1971, it's now I'm struggling.That's why we should all should support Alzheimer's research. It comes to many of us in the end....

Alrock
05-Apr-13, 23:43
Who would you be if you weren't yourself?

I'd be me....

If I wasn't myself then I'd be somebody else & that somebody else would be me... QED

secrets in symmetry
05-Apr-13, 23:48
I'd be me....

If I wasn't myself then I'd be somebody else & that somebody else would be me... QEDAh, but in which year would you be you? In 2013, 2003, 1993, or some other year?

Flynn
06-Apr-13, 10:30
I'd still be me. I like me and I like my life.

David Banks
06-Apr-13, 15:06
I'd like to see someone "volunteering" to be Jesus of Nazareth, except, on this second try, make sure he has a few scribes around to record what he really did have to say.

secrets in symmetry
06-Apr-13, 21:55
What he had to say was one thing, what he did (or didn't do) is a much bigger one.

To me, 1971 is another planet. I would be an alien and a time traveller.

John Little
06-Apr-13, 21:56
I'd like to see someone "volunteering" to be Jesus of Nazareth, except, on this second try, make sure he has a few scribes around to record what he really did have to say.That would be very interesting indeed. There is no primary evidence at all for his existence. Anyone who found some could name their price!

secrets in symmetry
06-Apr-13, 22:42
Is there primary evidence for the Prophet Muhammed?

John Little
06-Apr-13, 22:47
Historically there is not a lot: secondary evidence as well - same as Jesus.

secrets in symmetry
06-Apr-13, 23:11
Who would you be, John? And when?

John Little
06-Apr-13, 23:15
Belisarius. 6th century.

And when I'd finished reconquering the empire, instead of allowing that creep Justinian to walk all over me, I'd make him turn monk, become Emperor, conquer the Goths and re-establish the western empire. Good times...

secrets in symmetry
06-Apr-13, 23:21
Go for it! Write the novel, and make the movie. :cool:

John Little
06-Apr-13, 23:23
The novel has already been written.The movie needs Spielberg.

secrets in symmetry
06-Apr-13, 23:35
Do you have a publisher?

John Little
06-Apr-13, 23:54
Not by me ye loon!

Count Belisarius - by Robert Graves no less!! He based it heavily on the histories of Procopius.

I would provide a link but I'm off to bed. One of my favourite books of all time.

secrets in symmetry
07-Apr-13, 01:30
I hope you had sweet dreams of being Belisarius. :cool:

John Little
07-Apr-13, 08:16
Nah, I only dream occasionally of conquering North Africa and Italy with my invincible warriors. Pity... The Germans would have to behave...

joxville
07-Apr-13, 21:30
I'd like to be Hitler, though hopefully not the crazy side of him. I'd like to think that instead of going to war that perhaps I'd take up something like flower arranging.

secrets in symmetry
07-Apr-13, 22:16
Nah, I only dream occasionally of conquering North Africa and Italy with my invincible warriors. Pity... The Germans would have to behave...That won't be a problem in the revised history of Germany - Joxville is turning them into a nation of flower arrangers. :cool:

John Little
07-Apr-13, 22:24
Heil Jox! Fuhrer das Deutsches floristen!

secrets in symmetry
09-Apr-13, 11:37
Heil Jox! Fuhrer das Deutsches floristen!Adolf could have changed his name to Adonis, and turned the Weimar Republic into the horticultural powerhouse of Europe.

On second thoughts, perhaps I'd still prefer Mick Jagger's sex, drugs and rock n roll....

billmoseley
09-Apr-13, 13:07
i would come back as a woman just to see things from there point of view. How radical is that.

secrets in symmetry
09-Apr-13, 13:47
i would come back as a woman just to see things from there point of view. How radical is that.Any particular woman? Thatcher? Violet? Denise Milani?

rob murray
10-Apr-13, 13:28
Stevie Marriott 1965 - 69 : great Small Faces period !!! If only I had an ounce of that mans talent !