PDA

View Full Version : Violence in the Far North

secrets in symmetry
05-Apr-13, 21:43
The press have recently reported on a number of cases of significant violence in our County.

Have things really deteriorated that much? Increased violence is often blamed on incomers - is this good or bad for our County?

changilass
05-Apr-13, 21:51
What is it with you and so called 'incomers', you seem to bring the subject up at every opportunity.

Most of the cases that come up are locals not folks new to the area and from what I have read, booze has more to do with it than where folks come from.

Do you have any stats to show that the majority of violence is to do with incomers or are you just making it up as you go along?

John Little
05-Apr-13, 21:55
Violence that founds the law?

Violence that conserves the law?

Divine Violence?

Or just criminal violence?

secrets in symmetry
05-Apr-13, 21:57
Violent violence - of the type that hurts people.

John Little
05-Apr-13, 22:00
Yes - that occurs in all types.

secrets in symmetry
05-Apr-13, 22:05
What is it with you and so called 'incomers', you seem to bring the subject up at every opportunity.

Most of the cases that come up are locals not folks new to the area and from what I have read, booze has more to do with it than where folks come from.

Do you have any stats to show that the majority of violence is to do with incomers or are you just making it up as you go along?I don't make things up.

Read my post, then read yours, then decide who's making things up.

cptdodger
05-Apr-13, 22:08
Have things really deteriorated that much? Increased violence is often blamed on incomers - is this good or bad for our County?

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?201101-Knife-in-boxer-shorts-was-for-drugs-use

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?201098-Jailed-for-street-assault

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?201036-Community-service-for-domestic-assault

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?200912-Jailed-for-four-months

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?200886-Cases-from-yesterday-s-custody-court

You tell me, how many of the above are "incomers" ?

You should take a look at the "lovely" people from "your own county" before you start blaming "incomers".

changilass
05-Apr-13, 22:08
not sure where you get the idea that most blame incomers for the violence, and of course any increase in violence is bad for the county

secrets in symmetry
05-Apr-13, 22:14
not sure where you get the idea that most blame incomers for the violence, and of course any increase in violence is bad for the countyAs I said, read my post and decide who is making things up.

secrets in symmetry
05-Apr-13, 22:15
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?201101-Knife-in-boxer-shorts-was-for-drugs-use

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?201098-Jailed-for-street-assault

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?201036-Community-service-for-domestic-assault

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?200912-Jailed-for-four-months

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?200886-Cases-from-yesterday-s-custody-court

You tell me, how many of the above are "incomers" ?

You should take a look at the "lovely" people from "your own county" before you start blaming "incomers".Read my post, and decide who's making things up.

cptdodger
05-Apr-13, 22:21
not sure where you get the idea that most blame incomers for the violence, and of course any increase in violence is bad for the county

The thing is changilass, they (as in secrets in symmetry, humerous vegetable and so on) are quite happy to blame us ("incomers" as secrets in symmetry defines us or "The brainless Incomers who troll these sites" as humerous vegetable refers to us) for everything, and of course it must be true, because anybody born in Caithness is just so perfect and would never put a foot wrong. Would they say it to our faces ? No.

John Little
05-Apr-13, 22:26
In truth, though I greatly admire that well supported answer, and see much justice in what is said, he did but ask a couple of questions.

secrets in symmetry
05-Apr-13, 22:49
The thing is changilass, they (as in secrets in symmetry, humerous vegetable and so on) are quite happy to blame us ("incomers" as secrets in symmetry defines us or "The brainless Incomers who troll these sites" as humerous vegetable refers to us) for everything, and of course it must be true, because anybody born in Caithness is just so perfect and would never put a foot wrong. Would they say it to our faces ? No.I expect some people to make things up, but your admirable posting record suggests you're better than most of the rest.

Please read my posts again.

Phill
05-Apr-13, 22:55
It's actually getting cringe worthy, and I really am not one for seeing the Grammor & Spellink polis either.

secrets in symmetry
05-Apr-13, 23:23
In truth, though I greatly admire that well supported answer, and see much justice in what is said, he did but ask a couple of questions.Yes, and these questions have not been addressed - never mind answered.

Is our County sinking in a sea of indigenous violence?

Big Gaz
05-Apr-13, 23:41
This is going to be the last time i bother to read or post on these forums because i think they are being ruined and dragged into the gutter by a few too many trolls that unfortunately have access to the org and choose to blight others posts with their insane babbling and accusations. I have read many posts over the last few months and all i see is if the topic doesn't suit the select few, then they bitch and whinge and put the OP down at every opportunity. They post their own reply, often as an obscure rambling post about every man and his dog just so they can have a bitch and a whinge and then claim to have proof that it is true and undeniable! It's the kind of behaviour i would expect from primary school children fighting at playtime, not from adults. No im not making this up and i dont need anyone to read anything again either but i can clearly see the baseless, inane statements that are made purely to provoke or incite such a response that only TROLLS appreciate! It's like a baby's tennis match, serve, whinge, serve, whinge, serve, whinge. As for this thread that you started SiS, you don't even make the question clear as to "what is bad". Is it bad that things have deteriorated so much? or is it increased violence that is bad? or is it incomers that are bad? or is it even increased violence caused by incomers that is bad? its always incomers with you, yes incomers! the very people you seem to be an expert on having a bitch and whinge about! You then sit back and watch as the other Org users bite and you laugh and repeat, repeat, repeat the same old reply and instead of actually facing the response, you sidestep the issue at every opportunity.
I myself, am an INCOMER!!! SHOCK HORROR OMG!! am i so bad?? I say you don't know what you are talking about 99% of the time and are making yourself look a foolish, gibbering troll with previous posts by you that constantly have a dig at and blame incomers such as myself for everything that goes wrong in Caithness. We steal your jobs, your houses, your land, we break the law, start fights, steal, even steal your clean, fresh Caithness air! You've never met me nor spoken to me, you have no idea what i look like, have absolutely no idea of my past, my present circumstances or what i plan to do in the future, nor do you have any inkling of what kind of person i am or even what i am capable of but you just take it for granted that you have the right to blame incoming people like myself for all manner of illegal, improper and nasty shenanigans that happen in Caithness even though we are totally innocent and just want to get on with our normal daily lives. I came here for a few reasons, none of which are remotely related to what you claim "us incomers" do and i intend to keep it that way. So why don't you give it a rest and leave the Org to those that actually want to use it for the purpose it was set up for.....or in nicer, plainer words...

GET A LIFE YOU TROLL!!!!

secrets in symmetry
05-Apr-13, 23:45
Are Phill and John Little unique in having understood this thread?

What is the plural of unique?

secrets in symmetry
06-Apr-13, 00:04
he did but ask a couple of questions.Indeed. Some posters make things up, and they put objectionable words into other people's mouths.

sids
06-Apr-13, 09:39
insane babbling and accusations.

There's no real reason that this forum should not be full of that. It just means it's not the forum for sensible people to look for a sensible read.

Alice in Blunderland
06-Apr-13, 10:27
The press have recently reported on a number of cases of significant violence in our County. Have things really deteriorated that much?

No not really not yet we are still relatively lucky in this area with regard to violent crime we have always had the same core element of petty violence mostly associated with a drunken night out with with the odd more extreme case. Its just being documented more and reported more.

Increased violence is often blamed on incomers -

Yes as is they come over here they take our jobs etc etc. You've got to have someone to blame no matter what, that's what its all about now the blame game. Its everyone else's fault not our own.

is this good or bad for our County?

Doesn't really matter some want an open thriving County where all are welcome to come settle spend their money and support the community. Others want a wall built at the ord with a dual sign post in English and Gaelic saying do not enter locals only living their quiet peaceful life !!

Alice in Blunderland
06-Apr-13, 10:29
Indeed. Some posters make things up, and they put objectionable words into other people's mouths.

Surely SIS no one is trying to put words in your mouth.....you have plenty of your own already there :lol: ;)

Flynn
06-Apr-13, 10:32
The press have recently reported on a number of cases of significant violence in our County.

Please post links to stories saying the violence is blamed on incomers.

Alice in Blunderland
06-Apr-13, 10:35
Please post links to stories saying the violence is blamed on incomers.

Its a bit difficult to post a link to hearsay and gossip which SIS may be referring to.

macadamia
06-Apr-13, 10:43
The litany of reported cases in the local press show one thing and one thing only:

Virtually all cases of violence take place after drink has been taken.

Whoever the guilty are, one thing is for sure. They can't hold their drink, their tongue, or their temper.

This situation is mirrored throughout the UK, and has done since time immoral. Why do you think Wick suffered temperance for so long?

As far as "local" or "incomer" is concerned, let's spare a thought for all Picts, Former Norsemen, Irish Settlers, going back a few generations, just to muddy the waters.

Humerous Vegetable
06-Apr-13, 17:22

Apperently, according to the Moderators on this forum, "Incomers" is a racist, deluded and foolish term which carries an infarction, despite no actual dictionary definition with the infarction. I cannot find any pejorative link to the word, so would be wary, if I were you, of using it on a site where what you know is going to be subsumed by who you know. If you are not on banjo-playing relationships with the Moderators, I would go elsewhere with my very valid opinions.

pat
06-Apr-13, 17:50
I live on Lewis and consider that on the islands here the incidence of violence has increased - and as Macadamia has stated most of it is drink or other substances ingested prior to the events happening.

Most of the nastier things which have been occurring are due mainly to being under the influence.

Time something was done to make many people realise how obnoxious their behaviour can become under the influence. W
onder if it will be suggested soon for people to be given alcohol to drink, film made of their behaviour and reactions whilst intoxicated for them to view their behaviour when sober and a panel of their peers asking if they found the behaviour they displayed appropriate for any person.
Just been to a wedding (last night) where several guests were filmed and shown the film the next day (today) they were disgusted at themselves, how lewd, inappropriate and dispicable their behaviour, they have vowed never to get in such states again.

secrets in symmetry
06-Apr-13, 21:44
No not really not yet we are still relatively lucky in this area with regard to violent crime we have always had the same core element of petty violence mostly associated with a drunken night out with with the odd more extreme case. Its just being documented more and reported more.Thank you for understanding and answering my questions, lovely lady. :cool:

Are you right, or is the level of gratuitous violence indeed increasing? There are some evil people in the town in my opinion, and they perhaps get away with things that would have been "sorted" by local worthies in times gone by.

Yes as is they come over here they take our jobs etc etc. You've got to have someone to blame no matter what, that's what its all about now the blame game. Its everyone else's fault not our own.That is indeed the case - whether "they" be incomers, English, Sutherlanders, or even Teanabowlies.

Doesn't really matter some want an open thriving County where all are welcome to come settle spend their money and support the community. Others want a wall built at the ord with a dual sign post in English and Gaelic saying do not enter locals only living their quiet peaceful life !!Don't forget those that would cut the grid at the Ord lol!

Surely SIS no one is trying to put words in your mouth.....you have plenty of your own already there :lol: ;)Unfortunately, you are wrong. You must have read last night's series of posters who made up what they wanted to see - which had almost nothing in common with what I wrote.

Its a bit difficult to post a link to hearsay and gossip which SIS may be referring to.Yes, indeed. Pseudo-rationalism has no limits on this forum.

secrets in symmetry
06-Apr-13, 21:45
Apperently, according to the Moderators on this forum, "Incomers" is a racist, deluded and foolish term which carries an infarction, despite no actual dictionary definition with the infarction. I cannot find any pejorative link to the word, so would be wary, if I were you, of using it on a site where what you know is going to be subsumed by who you know. If you are not on banjo-playing relationships with the Moderators, I would go elsewhere with my very valid opinions.It's much worse than that. Not only is the word forbidden, it's forbidden to denigrate those who use it!

cptdodger
06-Apr-13, 21:49
Increased violence is often blamed on incomers

Simple enough question for you. Who is it, (in your opinion) that is blaming the increased violence on "incomers" ?

secrets in symmetry
06-Apr-13, 21:50
Simple enough question for you. Who is it, (in your opinion) that is blaming the increased violence on "incomers" ?Lots of people. Haven't you heard them?

secrets in symmetry
06-Apr-13, 21:52
I live on Lewis and consider that on the islands here the incidence of violence has increased - and as Macadamia has stated most of it is drink or other substances ingested prior to the events happening.

Most of the nastier things which have been occurring are due mainly to being under the influence.

Time something was done to make many people realise how obnoxious their behaviour can become under the influence. W
onder if it will be suggested soon for people to be given alcohol to drink, film made of their behaviour and reactions whilst intoxicated for them to view their behaviour when sober and a panel of their peers asking if they found the behaviour they displayed appropriate for any person.
Just been to a wedding (last night) where several guests were filmed and shown the film the next day (today) they were disgusted at themselves, how lewd, inappropriate and dispicable their behaviour, they have vowed never to get in such states again.A Clockwork Orange?

cptdodger
06-Apr-13, 21:54
No, as I said before, certain people are quite happy to blame "incomers" for everything under the sun on this forum. However, say it to my face ? No

cptdodger
06-Apr-13, 21:59
Increased violence is often blamed on incomers

Had you left that one sentence out, which is seemingly based solely on hearsay, you probably would not have got so many people's backs up.

secrets in symmetry
06-Apr-13, 22:00
No, as I said before, certain people are quite happy to blame "incomers" for everything under the sun on this forum. However, say it to my face ? NoI don't doubt you are correct - that sort of "behind your back" gossip and behaviour is typical of their sort.

I hear it all the time - because they think that I (as a local) will agree with them. Many are shocked when I blast their bigotry back in their faces. They are a disgrace to our County.

secrets in symmetry
06-Apr-13, 22:03
Had you left that one sentence out, which is seemingly based solely on hearsay, you probably would not have got so many people's backs up.Of course it's based on gossip and hearsay - you have made that point yourself.

People got "their backs up" because they read what they wanted to read, not what was there. Some would say that makes them as bad as (or worse than) the local bigots.

cptdodger
06-Apr-13, 22:20
Of course it's based on gossip and hearsay - you have made that point yourself.

People got "their backs up" because they read what they wanted to read, not what was there. Some would say that makes them as bad as (or worse than) the local bigots.

Well, I apologise, if I got it wrong about what you were trying to get at. I'm afraid not coming from here and having previously lived in London, the South East, and being born just outside Dundee, the violence here that has been reported seems to me to be isolated incidents. Is it bad for the County? in my opinion, no. Where a lot of people come from and have lived, the violent incidents are on a daily basis. Where I lived in Dundee, if there was not a riot van in my street when I got home from work, I would think there was something wrong.

As for the term "incomer", I have lived in different parts of England and Scotland, and this is the first place I have lived in, that the term is used widely.

secrets in symmetry
06-Apr-13, 22:27
Well, I apologise, if I got it wrong about what you were trying to get at. I'm afraid not coming from here and having previously lived in London, the South East, and being born just outside Dundee, the violence here that has been reported seems to me to be isolated incidents. Is it bad for the County? in my opinion, no. Where a lot of people come from and have lived, the violent incidents are on a daily basis. Where I lived in Dundee, if there was not a riot van in my street when I got home from work, I would think there was something wrong.

As for the term "incomer", I have lived in different parts of England and Scotland, and this is the first place I have lived in, that the term is used widely.I haven't heard it used anywhere else either, but I'm led to believe that it's quite common across the Highlands.

Violent crime in Caithness may not be as violent as you've experienced elsewhere, but it can be chronic in Caithness. It's a form of bullying that sometimes goes on for years, and sometimes for generations!

Flynn
07-Apr-13, 07:39
I haven't heard it used anywhere else either, but I'm led to believe that it's quite common across the Highlands.

Violent crime in Caithness may not be as violent as you've experienced elsewhere, but it can be chronic in Caithness. It's a form of bullying that sometimes goes on for years, and sometimes for generations!

Much like using gossip and hearsay to blame newcomers then.

Southern-Gal
07-Apr-13, 09:00

Question for you SIS :)

What in YOUR opinion is classed as an incomer that you refer to in this thread?

Thanks in advance :)

sids
07-Apr-13, 12:43
However, say it to my face ? No

"It."

secrets in symmetry
07-Apr-13, 22:05
Much like using gossip and hearsay to blame newcomers then.Yes - exactly! :cool:

Alice in Blunderland
08-Apr-13, 07:44
Thank you for understanding and answering my questions, lovely lady.

Simple I read your questions carefully and neutrally ( keep calling me lovely lady and that will soon change :D ) taking note of your punctuation ;)

Are you right, or is the level of gratuitous violence indeed increasing? There are some evil people in the town in my opinion, and they perhaps get away with things that would have been "sorted" by local worthies in times gone by.

I don't know if I'm right. There is possibly slightly more in the way of more gratuitous violence however not much evidence of that. From the reports I have seen much of it still seems to be the usual pettiness and drunkenness with the odd bit of car crime and road mayhem.

That is indeed the case - whether "they" be incomers, English, Sutherlanders, or even Teanabowlies.

Its always been the case and always will be however that's part of life as I said the blame game.

Don't forget those that would cut the grid at the Ord lol!

Oh some would with blunt knifes if they thought it would stop the invasion.

Unfortunately, you are wrong. You must have read last night's series of posters who made up what they wanted to see - which had almost nothing in common with what I wrote.

Awww SIS thats so unfair.......never mind Im sure you will defend what you wrote most eloquently.

Yes, indeed. Pseudo-rationalism has no limits on this forum.

Most things have no limits on the org..............until the moderators get a whiff and lock the thread, issue infractions and start banning people lol and then it becomes a whole new conspiracy and topic. :Razz

katarina
08-Apr-13, 09:05
The general downturn is nationwide and is a direct consequence of lack of discipline in Schools and in the home, coupled with the absence of the bobby on the beat - who would NOT be thrown in irons for giving a cheeky brat a clip round the ear. Aye, our young have to be protected, but who is going to protect them from themselves?

neilsermk1
08-Apr-13, 12:46
The general downturn is nationwide and is a direct consequence of lack of discipline in Schools and in the home, coupled with the absence of the bobby on the beat - who would NOT be thrown in irons for giving a cheeky brat a clip round the ear. Aye, our young have to be protected, but who is going to protect them from themselves?
Interestingly the incident that stopped Bobbie's giving cheeky brat's a clip round the ear happened in Thurso

secrets in symmetry
08-Apr-13, 22:31
Interestingly the incident that stopped Bobbie's giving cheeky brat's a clip round the ear happened in ThursoI think I might know which incident - can you tell us more?

neilsermk1
09-Apr-13, 13:06
I think I might know which incident - can you tell us more?
Can't remember all the details but something is rattling around in the back of my memory

secrets in symmetry
09-Apr-13, 13:41
Can't remember all the details but something is rattling around in the back of my memoryMine too - but it was a big thing - assuming I'm thinking of the same incident. I knew nothing about it until recently, and now I've forgotten all the details. It's spooky....

sids
09-Apr-13, 17:24
Can't remember all the details but something is rattling around in the back of my memory

A lot of water's passed under the bridge since then.

neilsermk1
10-Apr-13, 12:41
A lot of water's passed under the bridge since then.
Very true Sids

John Little
10-Apr-13, 13:03
Judging by two other threads running right now, it is my sincere hope that two particular groups of Orgers do NOT meet, for beneath genteel exteriors, mighty passions flow. High words fly, swords are out and pistols beckon at dawn on the Janet Street sward.

Indeed it appears that there is potential for great violence in the far North, not of drunks, or neds or hoodies but of soft-spoken burghers wielding sharpened pens, lunging at each others' jugulars! :eek::eek:

I think I'll stay in and watch Broadchurch.

secrets in symmetry
11-Apr-13, 00:01
A lot of water's passed under the bridge since then.Thurso Bridge?

Phill
11-Apr-13, 12:13
What in YOUR opinion is classed as an incomer that you refer to in this thread?As an 'incomer' I understand Wickers are classed as 'incomers' to Dunbeath. But then I guess there could be similar issues between Pulteneytown & Wick. Hyperlocal incomers maybe!
Judging by two other threads running right now, it is my sincere hope that two particular groups of Orgers do NOT meet, for beneath genteel exteriors, mighty passions flow. High words fly, swords are out and pistols beckon at dawn on the Janet Street sward.Indeed it appears that there is potential for great violence in the far North, not of drunks, or neds or hoodies but of soft-spoken burghers wielding sharpened pens, lunging at each others' jugulars!Keyboards at dawn I would imagine, wielded by those who would nae say boo to a goose!

Jerrico
12-Apr-13, 02:39
Why don't you Anglophobes actually say English instead of this incomer rubbish, really let Anglophobia flow on the org I know you want too!

sam09
12-Apr-13, 11:09
No-where has secrets in symmetry blamed incomers for the upturn in violent crime in Caithness, s.i.s. is merely asking for opinions.

The upturn in violent crime is not confined to Caithness. The blame usually lays with people who can not regulate their intake of alcohol and have to either pick a fight or cause a disturbance on their way home. Bar staff refusing to serve people they believe to be intoxicated would go a long way to help.

One of the great attributes of Caithness is the fact it is a melting pot of all cultures. We should all learn to get along with each other, no matter of, race, creed or religion.

golach
12-Apr-13, 13:40
Why don't you Anglophobes actually say English instead of this incomer rubbish, really let Anglophobia flow on the org I know you want too!
The term "Incomer" does not apply to the English alone, but to non native born from outside an area, I live in Leith, although I have lived here for over 50 years of my life, no way can I call myself a Leither, my sons who were born here can as their mother was a Leither.
The "Incomer" is a term used all over Scotland and I would presume in England also

ducati
12-Apr-13, 20:59
I would presume in England also

You would presume wrong. England is full of people all moving about all over the place. Staying put is not the norm. (In my experience anyway). To move for work or career advancement is quite the thing to do.:D

mi16
12-Apr-13, 21:06
There is no upturn in violent crime in the county.

Southern-Gal
12-Apr-13, 21:53
Ive been reading about some of the highland clearances. From what Ive read Id like to bet that there is less violence in the county now than there was then! Even with the 'incomers' that keep getting a mention every time something less than perfect happens :p
Still not sure what an incomer is? Not very clear is it really? Has not everyone been bred from incomers? Are there not many Orcadians in Caithness claiming to be 'locals'?

ValandGeorge
12-Apr-13, 22:28
With the recent announcement that sub cultures ie goths, punks and emos being attacked now being classed as along the same as a race crime does this mean that blaming the incomers for all manner of things from rise in violent crime, crops being blighted and the birth of eight legged calfs will also fall into this category? Better be careful what you say! I'm an 'orrible incomer who plan on staying here until they cart me out the door, I work hard, I interact with the community and contribute to the economy, I don't fight, I don't bad mouth the people who have lived her all their lives ( I even cut my next door neighbours grass because she has a new hip) I believe we can offer a lot to the community and don't understand why we get thus bad press, can someone enlighten me please??

mi16
12-Apr-13, 22:36
Because you are an easy target

ValandGeorge
12-Apr-13, 22:40
That was the easy answer!! Lol...
Does this mean that racism and xenophopia is acceptable in Caithness, I and my partner ( who is from south of the border) have been accepted, employed and welcomed by the local community so we can only take that the views of certain individuals is the minority view ( really want to believe that).

mi16
12-Apr-13, 22:55
I certainly hope so

ValandGeorge
12-Apr-13, 23:04
Thanks Mi16, we both plan on being taken out the front door of the farm when the time comes, we moved here for the quality of life and the lovely area, we were fed up of the rat race and I wanted to live back in Gods country ( highlander born)..

sids
13-Apr-13, 07:29
so we can only take that the views of certain individuals is the minority view ( really want to believe that).

Put it this way. If you were lonely, bored, mentally ill and wanted an argument, what forum would you post rubbish on?

secrets in symmetry
20-Apr-13, 17:14
The town's Sheriff court is closing, does this mean the neds will get off with more - because it's too expensive to send them to Sneck for a day out at the city court?

sids
20-Apr-13, 18:38
The town's Sheriff court is closing, does this mean the neds will get off with more - because it's too expensive to send them to Sneck for a day out at the city court?

Which town's Sheriff Court?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-22215741

Sherriff courts due to close

Dornoch - with business going to Tain
Duns - with business going to Jedburgh
Kirkcudbright - with business going to Dumfries
Peebles - with business going to Selkirk
Rothesay (sheriff court only) - with business going to Greenock
Arbroath - with business going to Forfar
Cupar - with business going to Dundee
Dingwall - with business going to Inverness
Haddington - with business going to Edinburgh
Stonehaven - with business going to Aberdeen

secrets in symmetry
20-Apr-13, 18:46
This one's (http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/News/Government-approve-changes-to-court-system-19042013.htm)

Government approve changes to court system

THE Scottish Government have approved changes to the Scottish Court System resulting in Wick Sheriff Court no longer holding jury and sheriff trials as well as the Caithness Justice of the Peace Court being scrapped.

Cabinet Secretary for Justice Kenny MacAskill made the announcement on Friday that will see those trials in the Far North being moved to Inverness with Justice of the Peace business being conducted during criminal cases at Wick Sheriff Court.

sids
20-Apr-13, 18:57
Oh right.

The Sheriff Court that's not closing.

You're a master debater.

secrets in symmetry
20-Apr-13, 22:46
I agree that the article in the Groat is poorly written and as clear as mud - but they so often are....

caithnessmusicman
11-Jun-13, 11:58
Anyone hear anything on the disturbance in upper mackay street ; castletown on sunday night?

catran
11-Jun-13, 19:53
Is Long and Hope Caithness names?The other surnames sound local but are they?

jacko
11-Jun-13, 22:18
I cant see how you came to blame incomers, guess it s just the times were living in where there,s nothing much for young folk s to do but drink or do drugs ,( not saying that the young are to blame for all the violence in the county), the town offers little in the way of entertainment . and the only entertainment going up here involves drinking places ...of course a lot could be blamed on parental control, the way SOME kids are brought up and lack of moral,s... television etc. seems the penal system has been stripped of teeth , there s little deterent . one guy , a few years back stabbed another with a knife several times and only got a few hours community service , looks like were living in dangerous times. with the jail,s packed to capacity and nowhere to put offenders but curfrew s and tag s .
their still free to walk the streets. i know there s a minority and load s of folks here will criticise me for this post. but this is my personal view s.