PDA

View Full Version : I have to share this song and video.

Jeemag_USA
12-Jan-07, 01:04
Ok I know this is board is for Caithness music , but I can't help myself. I found this band on someones profile on bebo and fell in love with the song. There is so much rubbish being released in the USA right now, your either listneing to an R&B rap band that sounds just like every other one before them, or some metal band who sounds like everyone else and likes to incorporate a little R&B in it (music is dieing a death in the USA it has to be said)

But then I heard this band and it give me hope, the first time I listened I thought "what the heck" but after the intro the pop kicks in and it is a rockin tune, they remind me of stuff like Beck, Talking Heads, Modest Mouse, not so much for the sound but they are releasing stuff out of the ordinary, sounding like nobody else around them at the moment, and I admire that. The bands name is Hot Chip and the song is called Over and Over. It shows that you don't need real fancy lyrics or a bunch of great musicians to make something that really works well, young chappies take note! Go write a song!

I thought seeing as the music forum had gone quiet, people might enjoy a listen to something ;) The Video I think is also very funny and brilliant! Watch it the whole way thru!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kHB9F8tvGVM

midi2304
12-Jan-07, 13:51
lol - Hot Chip are ace. I seen them in Aberdeen in November.

I was actually listening to Over and Over on the way to work today on my Nano. Check out there other single, 'And I Was A Boy From School'. I actually prefer it.

foreveruntitled
12-Jan-07, 18:44
Yeah its a quality song

Jeemag_USA
12-Jan-07, 21:24
lol - Hot Chip are ace. I seen them in Aberdeen in November.

I was actually listening to Over and Over on the way to work today on my Nano. Check out there other single, 'And I Was A Boy From School'. I actually prefer it.

I didn't like that song so much, kept waiting for a better beat to come in or a change and it never happened, i did see the video for that song though, it was excellent!