PDA

View Full Version : Nicol or Nicholl

scaraben
11-Jan-07, 21:14
My friend's great great granmother Catherine Nicol or Nicholl ( I'm not sure which ) was the daughter of a John Nicol ( Cooper & Crofter ) and his wife Catherine, who according to the 1851 census lived in the parish of Latheron. She was one of six children. I understand she emigrated to New Zealand on the SS Orient in ?? and married at the age of 22 a Joseph Punch some time later. She was 63 years in New zealand and died 11th July 1926. My friend in New Zealand would like to know the maiden name of Catherine's Mother the wife of John Nicol. Any more information would be most welcome.

fred
11-Jan-07, 23:33
My friend's great great granmother Catherine Nicol or Nicholl ( I'm not sure which ) was the daughter of a John Nicol ( Cooper & Crofter ) and his wife Catherine, who according to the 1851 census lived in the parish of Latheron. She was one of six children. I understand she emigrated to New Zealand on the SS Orient in ?? and married at the age of 22 a Joseph Punch some time later. She was 63 years in New zealand and died 11th July 1926. My friend in New Zealand would like to know the maiden name of Catherine's Mother the wife of John Nicol. Any more information would be most welcome.

Catherine's mother was Catherine Cormack, they married on the 14th Feb 1833 in Latheron.

John died at Forse on the 1st September 1888 aged 80.
Catherine died on the 11th June 1891 aged 81.

If you visit my website http://www.graven-images.org.uk you can see their grave in the Latheron Old section.