PDA

View Full Version : Highland Dancing

bobsgirl
10-Jan-07, 23:02
Our daughter had her first lesson of Highland Dancing tonight and she absolutely LOVED it.
The teacher Tanya Horne was really friendly and our daughter took to her straight away. I had to stay and watch just to see how she got on, and I must say that I was very impressed!
Thank goodness Tanya has taken the classes into Thurso now.
I wish her well and hope that the Thurso classes take off!!

DarkAngel
12-Jan-07, 00:46
Im an Ex-Highland dancer and i danced with Tanya, I hope you little girl enjoys the dancing as much as i did!! Tanya is lovely!:)

SEB
13-Jan-07, 21:37
Our daughter had her first lesson of Highland Dancing tonight and she absolutely LOVED it.
The teacher Tanya Horne was really friendly and our daughter took to her straight away. I had to stay and watch just to see how she got on, and I must say that I was very impressed!
Thank goodness Tanya has taken the classes into Thurso now.
I wish her well and hope that the Thurso classes take off!!

There's also highland dancing classes held in thurso - the kids who attend these have a great time and are also taught well.

bobsgirl
13-Jan-07, 22:33
This one IS held in Thurso. It is on in the High School, Gym 1 at 5-6pm for the little ones. The bigger ones are just after this time.

She does seem very down to earth Dark Angel. I really hope she does well.

DarkAngel
14-Jan-07, 00:53
I hope she does well too bobsgirl as i loved it when i danced, Going away to competitions and having a good time.:)

SEB
14-Jan-07, 14:56
This one IS held in Thurso. It is on in the High School, Gym 1 at 5-6pm for the little ones. The bigger ones are just after this time.

She does seem very down to earth Dark Angel. I really hope she does well.

I was meaning the highland dancing sessions which are already running in Thurso, and have been for many years, which are held in the Scout Hall at the Riverside.

Jo.b
19-Jan-07, 00:09
My daughter also knows Tanya through dancing, before she started her own classes, and she is exellent with the little ones, they really do take to her. Tanya really knows her stuff too. I'm sure she'll be very successful.