PDA

View Full Version : The Movie "Brave"

golach
31-Mar-13, 19:42
I watched this movie last night, out of curiosity. It was nothing great, have seen much better.
But why oh why did our first minister Eck the all mighty have to spend £48 grand on a trip to the US promoting this cartoon, thats a lot of pot hole money.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/SNP/9487588/Alex-Salmonds-entourage-spends-48000-to-attend-Brave-premier-in-California.html

secrets in symmetry
31-Mar-13, 20:33
I watched this movie last night, out of curiosity. It was nothing great, have seen much better.
But why oh why did our first minister Eck the all mighty have to spend £48 grand on a trip to the US promoting this cartoon, thats a lot of pot hole money.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/SNP/9487588/Alex-Salmonds-entourage-spends-48000-to-attend-Brave-premier-in-California.htmlPerhaps he wanted to learn how to be brave lol.

Did he take his sidekick Nickers with him?

squidge
01-Apr-13, 09:50
I watched this movie last night, out of curiosity. It was nothing great, have seen much better.Thats cos you arent a wee lassie, fed up of fairies and pretty princesses and are delighted by the gutsier Merida with her long red hair!:)

equusdriving
01-Apr-13, 09:59
Thats cos you arent a wee lassie, fed up of fairies and pretty princesses and are delighted by the gutsier Merida with her long red hair!:)

But why oh why did our first minister Eck the all mighty have to spend £48 grand on a trip to the US promoting this cartoon, thats a lot of pot hole money

newweecroft
01-Apr-13, 10:30
The mutilated bear popping out of the big screen was scary as Shi.. that ruined it for us, shouldnt have sat at the front.

squidge
01-Apr-13, 10:43
He is First Minister it is his job to maximise opportunities for Scotland. If you are asking me whether I think it was cost effective, i dont know. We would need to compare similar trips by other politicians for similar reasons. I would however, like to see much less spent on travel by the Scottish Government. More use of cheaper seats and flights.

I do think that it was important for Scotland to be represented at the premiere and to use that to boost trade and tourism which can benefit as a result. At the Bruce festival at Dunfermline last year i spoke to an american family who said they had changed their itinerary to include Scotland after seeing Brave and that was only a few weeks after the premiere. Who else should we send other than the first minister? I didnt see Michael Moore flying the flag ( saltire or union jack) for Scotland on this occasion and surely you arent suggesting no one should have gone and we should just gave ignored it.

golach
01-Apr-13, 10:54
Who else should we send other than the first minister? I didnt see Michael Moore flying the flag ( saltire or union jack) for Scotland on this occasion and surely you arent suggesting no one should have gone and we should just gave ignored it.

Ach away and dinna haver squidge, Eck the omnipotent is well known for his liking of expensive jaunts, look what it cost for the Ryder Cup trip cost, we paid for his wife to be there also, she is not the first lady or the queen, she is an Msp's wife for goodness sake, he should have paid for her out of his ample wage.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/9955353/Alex-Salmond-in-golf-tournament-controversy-over-luxury-hotel-stay.html

squidge
01-Apr-13, 11:01
I amnt havering Golach I dont know the answer but I do know the benefits that promoting trade tourism and golf brings to Scotland. Are the trips expensive compared to similar trips no idea. But a first minister should be promoting this stuff. Thats part of his job.

equusdriving
01-Apr-13, 14:16
I amnt havering Golach I dont know the answer but I do know the benefits that promoting trade tourism and golf brings to Scotland. Are the trips expensive compared to similar trips no idea. But a first minister should be promoting this stuff. Thats part of his job.

another one who took advantage of the specsavers bogof rose tinted glasses offer then!

squidge
01-Apr-13, 14:19
Who should have gone then? My rose tinted glasses would have seen someone tall dark and handsome in a kilt ... Instead we got Eck in his tartan trews. However if it isnt the job of the first minister then whose job is it?

equusdriving
01-Apr-13, 14:31
Who should have gone then? My rose tinted glasses would have seen someone tall dark and handsome in a kilt ... Instead we got Eck in his tartan trews. However if it isnt the job of the first minister then whose job is it?

oh and it had to cost 48k did it? I wonder if your Rose Specs would have seen it the same way had a British politician wasted tax payers money in the same way? no of course not, that would have been quoted by the usual blinkered suspects as another (ridiculous) reason for independence!

squidge
01-Apr-13, 14:44
I dont know... i dont know if it had to cost £48 k. I have no idea. I dont know whether that is a realistic cost or not. Do I need to say that again?

Do YOU think it was expensive? If so, why? Anyone got a breakdown? Anyone got a comparison either with a westminster politician making a similar trip or the previous administration?

Somebody needed to go. If you think it cost too much then you are probably right but i think the trip needed to be made. If you dont think he should gave gone then who? If you dont think anyone should have gone then I dont agree. Did it cost too much? I dont know. I made a friendly comment about Golach's enjoyment of the film, I didnt offer myself up as a travel costs expert.

mi16
01-Apr-13, 15:20
I don't think £48k seems too excessive to be honest

equusdriving
01-Apr-13, 17:08
I dont know... i dont know if it had to cost £48 k. I have no idea. I dont know whether that is a realistic cost or not. Do I need to say that again?

Do YOU think it was expensive? If so, why? Anyone got a breakdown? Anyone got a comparison either with a westminster politician making a similar trip or the previous administration?

Somebody needed to go. If you think it cost too much then you are probably right but i think the trip needed to be made. If you dont think he should gave gone then who? If you dont think anyone should have gone then I dont agree. Did it cost too much? I dont know. I made a friendly comment about Golach's enjoyment of the film, I didnt offer myself up as a travel costs expert.

No I am sorry, I should have realized that the pro-independence brigade only offer themselves up as experts when its a British politician in the firing line!

equusdriving
01-Apr-13, 17:12
I don't think £48k seems too excessive to be honest

no because its not like we need the money for anything else thats more important, is it?

mi16
01-Apr-13, 17:25
no because its not like we need the money for anything else thats more important, is it?

How do you know how much money he generated via his trip to the USA?

equusdriving
01-Apr-13, 18:50

I dont know, but you obviously do, perhaps you would like to share with us?

mi16
01-Apr-13, 18:55
I dont know, but you obviously do, perhaps you would like to share with us?

Really!
Whatever gave you that idea.
If his £48k trip generated £100k in Scottish investment then it was a job well done, £1m then it was a great success, £20k then not great.
My point is that you are quick to have a go at the man withou knowing the full facts of the trip.

Oh and incase you dont know, I am not a fan of fat eck.

Alrock
01-Apr-13, 18:56
All Governments waste money, just a fact of life....

Here's £200,000 (http://torrentfreak.com/uk-government-wastes-200k-on-new-anti-piracy-tech-130331/) thrown away by the Westminster government...

Mystical Potato Head
01-Apr-13, 19:10

It wouldnt matter would it.If Eck didnt do anything to promote this movie then Golach would have slagged him off for that as well..This thread entitled The Movie Brave has got nothing to do with the movie,were the links movie reviews?,no they werent.just another excuse to slag of Eck/SNP/independance.Get a life for christsake Golach,you're totally obsessed by what Eck does and before you call me a member of the pro independance brigade i'm not,neither do i vote SNP nor do i like Eck but this little anti Eck crusade is pathetic and when someone asks geniune questions like squidge did then the reply from equusdriving shows what your up against.

So have you got an answer to Squidges questions yet?You or any of your Pro Union political expert cronies or are you going to be like real poiticians and give the answers that suit your side of the argument.If you cant provide the answers then dont accuse people of wearing rose tinted specs.
How much money,if any was generated from the trip to America to promote the film and how much will his trip to America increase,if any the amount Scotland will benefit from having the Ryder Cup on its soil.Prove beyond doubt that these trips were a total waste of time and money and there will be no future benefit from them and i'll say well done and join you in the Eck slagging because after all i dont like the man anyway.

equusdriving
01-Apr-13, 19:19
My point is that you are quick to have a go at the man withou knowing the full facts of the trip.

Oh so its alright to defend him without knowing the full facts then?:lol: and the point I was actually making was, that if a British Politician, had done the same, the pro Independence lot would have him hung drawn and quartered,and spouted that that is why we need Independence so that the British politicians dont waste our money blah blah blah

equusdriving
01-Apr-13, 19:24
All Governments waste money, just a fact of life.....

exactly, but it depends on who is doing the wasting, to how much whingeing goes on about it, and the use of it in the Independence debate.

squidge
01-Apr-13, 19:41
We dont need independence so that British Politicians dont waste our money. We need independence to give us the opportunity to change things so that NO politician can waste our money, on trips to see a movie premier or on replacing Trident - that great white elephant that sits at Faslane - without being accountable to us.

equusdriving
01-Apr-13, 19:48
It wouldnt matter would it.If Eck didnt do anything to promote this movie then Golach would have slagged him off for that as well..This thread entitled The Movie Brave has got nothing to do with the movie,were the links movie reviews?,no they werent.just another excuse to slag of Eck/SNP/independance.Get a life for christsake Golach,you're totally obsessed by what Eck does and before you call me a member of the pro independance brigade i'm not,neither do i vote SNP nor do i like Eck but this little anti Eck crusade is pathetic and when someone asks geniune questions like squidge did then the reply from equusdriving shows what your up against.

So have you got an answer to Squidges questions yet?You or any of your Pro Union political expert cronies or are you going to be like real poiticians and give the answers that suit your side of the argument.If you cant provide the answers then dont accuse people of wearing rose tinted specs.
How much money,if any was generated from the trip to America to promote the film and how much will his trip to America increase,if any the amount Scotland will benefit from having the Ryder Cup on its soil.Prove beyond doubt that these trips were a total waste of time and money and there will be no future benefit from them and i'll say well done and join you in the Eck slagging because after all i dont like the man anyway.

I do not profess to have all or indeed any of the answers, but when every single thing the British government says or does is ripped to shreds and used as a reason for Independence , and everything that the Scottish government does is applauded or excused using completely different logic, then I will stand by my statement that they are wearing "Rose Tinted Glasses" or possibly they realize they are talking rubbish, but are trying to baffle other people into wearing the rose specs on their behalf, to help their (lost) cause!

equusdriving
01-Apr-13, 19:51
We need independence to give us the opportunity to change things so that NO politician can waste our money,

yes but that's assuming that we will still have any money to waste in the first place:D

squidge
01-Apr-13, 20:02
:) Yadda yadda yadda... Even John Little isnt saying we cant afford it Equus.

And as for ripping the British Government to shreds .... You are damn right. You surely arent picking TODAY to suggest I should be nice to them? When today they have introduced reforms which will make life harder and more miserable for the poorest whilst giving the richest a tax break. Ill be more angry about that than whether £48k was 10 or 20 grand more expensive than it needed to be.... Especially when no one can tell me whether it WAS too dear or not. Rose tinted specs make EVERYTHING look lovely. The work of this westminster government is decidedly NOT that.

equusdriving
01-Apr-13, 20:13

And as for ripping the British Government to shreds .... You are damn right. You surely arent picking TODAY to suggest I should be nice to them? When today they have introduced reforms which will make life harder and more miserable for the poorest whilst giving the richest a tax break. Ill be more angry about that than whether £48k was 10 or 20 grand more expensive than it needed to be.... Especially when no one can tell me whether it WAS too dear or not. Rose tinted specs make EVERYTHING look lovely. The work of this westminster government is decidedly NOT that.

I am not saying we cant afford it, but as we don't even know amongst over things, what currency we will be using, I am not saying we can afford it either or at least to what living standard we can afford it. I also have many issues with the British Government , but that alone doesn't automatically make the Scottish politicians/Government, any more reliable, honest, trustworthy, caring etc as virtually every pro-independence thread/post seems to imply.

equusdriving
01-Apr-13, 20:27

And as for ripping the British Government to shreds .... You are damn right. You surely arent picking TODAY to suggest I should be nice to them? When today they have introduced reforms which will make life harder and more miserable for the poorest whilst giving the richest a tax break..

do you imagine that the People of Newcastle or London. Or Cardiff or Belfast like what this government has done today any more than the folk in Scotland. You have no monopoly on anger at this , but as usual, you jump on any chance to have a go at the Union

squidge
01-Apr-13, 20:40
You really want the currency stuff discussed all over again. Its there on the Yes no thread. I know exactly what currency an Independent Scotland will use... The one the people of Scotland vote for in 2016.

You say that I think it automatically makes the scottish government better, nicer more trustworthy. No it doesnt. Independence means that the government making all the decisions about Scotland is accountable to Scotland in a way it isnt now.

Any chance? This chance - DAMN right and with all those places you mentioned too. Independence will change the face of politics in Scotland and outwith Scotland too. What Scotland and the rest of the UK do with that change is up to each of us.

equusdriving
01-Apr-13, 20:54
You really want the currency stuff discussed all over again. Its there on the Yes no thread. I know exactly what currency an Independent Scotland will use... The one the people of Scotland vote for in 2016.

You say that I think it automatically makes the scottish government better, nicer more trustworthy. No it doesnt. Independence means that the government making all the decisions about Scotland is accountable to Scotland in a way it isnt now.

Any chance? This chance - DAMN right and with all those places you mentioned too. Independence will change the face of politics in Scotland and outwith Scotland too. What Scotland and the rest of the UK do with that change is up to each of us.

That answer is no answer. As usual as vague as hell. What a basis for a referendum let alone independence! If that's what's on offer then this attitude will make the referendum a waste of cash. They could at least give the people a basis on which to make a choice but they are so confident of a shoe-in they can't be bothered.

squidge
01-Apr-13, 21:16
Currency has been done to death today and the information is on the other thread. Its been howled and howled that I dont answer questions but all I do is answer them. the same ones over and over again. I am too vague, utopian, stupid, ignorant and deluded on and on it goes day after day. What you all really mean is you dont like the answers and yet you have none of your own so rather than say that or rather than agree to disagree you just stamp feet and bluster.

The basis for the referendum is that the SNP were voted into office. They were given a mandate to hold a referendum by the fact they won the election and formed a government.

Nothing vague about that.

equusdriving
01-Apr-13, 21:25
Im not talking currency with you, its been done to death today and the information is on the other thread. The basis for the referendum is that the SNP were voted into office. They were given a mandate to hold a referendum by the fact they won the election and formed a government. Nothing vague about that.

No the vagueness only appears when any important questions are asked regarding Independence, and then its the same old vague anti British rubbish, oh and of course Oil Oil Oil

Keyser_soze
01-Apr-13, 22:55
Back ti the film, average, the kids seemed to like bits of it but even my 7 year old turned round & said mum. dad this is a bit way out - bears dont get spelled by witches , thats nonsense :lol:

As for Cod eyes , spending £48 k promoting Scotland... well done, Can I volunteer to promote the country next time ? ya walloper , how many 50 year old malts did he quaff in that wee break ? how many horses did he put a line on while he was over the pond ? & why did ehe take his wife ? Surely he shouldve taken odd bod with him.

Best April fool gag I saw today was, Cod eyes was havin an affair with odd Bod !!!:lol: I almost fell for it til i remembered what date it was- Old shrek fell for princess Fiona, Except Nicola sturgeon isnt a tenth as pretty as a green princess

Dadie
02-Apr-13, 00:01
Back to the film ...my 3 kids loved it!
Bit of a jump when the big bear jumped out at them...and Euan loved the bare bum bits!
The girls loved the fact a girl was the heroine of the day rather than a prince charming as is usual for fairytales.
As for promotion of Scotland from the film....its yet to be told how much interest was generated....from the film and the jolly wee eck had..
But from this thread the discussion is out there!

Phill
02-Apr-13, 00:35
Apparently it was £470K for his golfing trip so I would say an absolute bargain at £48K.

Here's an interesting one to compute: "New figures revealed £8.4 million of taxpayers' money has been spent on 32,000 flights for officials since the SNP took power five years ago"

squidge
02-Apr-13, 09:42
Its a lot of money although as far as the trips are concerned no one has shown any evidence to indicate whether they are extortionate or comparable or whether they achieved what they set out to achieve, and yet seem to expect outrage. In a previous life i managed a budget within the public sector. Not a massive budget, about £250 000. Nearly half of that went on travel and subsistence and yet EVERY trip was scrutinised as to its necessity and many requests were refused. every trip used the cheapest most efficient method of transport available although these were days before video conferencing became easy and widely available.

You can check out the costs and destinations and method of travel here. http://www.scotland.gov.uk/About/People/14944/travel

Equus I dont do Anti British. I am pro Independence and anti westminster but neither anti british or anti english. Unless of course you espouse the view that because I hold a legitimate political viewpoint that is different from yours, I am a traitor to Britain.

equusdriving
02-Apr-13, 10:42
I know exactly what currency an Independent Scotland will use... The one the people of Scotland vote for in 2016.

and you don't find it strange, that the man you are hanging on to every word off (regarding independence) and happy to follow blindly , has no idea on such fundamental policies?

he has surely missed a trick, he should have offered everyone voting for independence £1000 each, but how would we afford it, I hear you all cry............................................... ..................well that would be down to whoever wins the next election to clear up his mess of course!

squidge
02-Apr-13, 10:59
and you don't find it strange, that the man you are hanging on to every word off (regarding independence) and happy to follow blindly , has no idea on such fundamental policies?he has surely missed a trick, he should have offered everyone voting for independence £1000 each, but how would we afford it, I hear you all cry............................................... ..................well that would be down to whoever wins the next election to clear up his mess of course!Hanging onto ever word? Hmm that could be my husband or even the devil himself if you read responses to the posts I have made on here. I assume you are meaning Alex Salmond. The SNP has more than an idea it has a policy on currency and I have made my position clear on the other thread, as you clearly cant be bothered reading it, like you cant be bothered explaining why you think the costs of the trips are too expensive or why you think I am anti british, I am pasting it here for you
My personal preference would be to have a seperate currency for some of the reasons mentioned in the article, however, there is credible evidence for staying with the pound at least to begin with. The SNP plans for Scotland to continue using the pound, the Scottish greens for a separate currency further along the line although sooner rather than later and the SDA for immediate change to a new currency. I dont know what Labour, Libdems or Tories have as their post independence plans because they wont discuss it..And do you really advocate cash for votes?

equusdriving
02-Apr-13, 13:47
And do you really advocate cash for votes?

why not if it helps sell this ridiculously un-thought out pipe dream? after all that is all I keep hearing, "it doesn't matter it will be decided in 2016" after we have already jumped into the fire regardless! and to be honest I get bored reading the same feeble excuse for answers!

squidge
02-Apr-13, 18:08
[QUOTE=equusdriving;1018013]why not if it helps sell this ridiculously un-thought out pipe dream?![/QUOTEWhy Not???? I cant even begin to answer that! You would prefer them to buy votes? And win than allow a democratic referendum - which they have been given a mandate to hold by the fact they won an election- where either side has an equal chance. Aye.... Right! What nonsense.

equusdriving
02-Apr-13, 19:18
=squidge; You would prefer them to buy votes?

Exactly what the SNP appear to be doing! Lots of goodies like free tuition, prescriptions etc that they do not have down south!

And you speak of Democracy - when the SNP gained 31% of a 50% turnout! not good at maths either it seems -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Parliament_general_election,_2011

does that not work out at something under 16% out of the total electorate in this 'landslide victory'? What nonsense indeed

squidge
02-Apr-13, 20:07
These things are not free. We pay taxes and our taxes fund these things because those are the priorities the SNP chose to offer to the electorate and the things .... along with the proposal to hold a referendum that people voted for. I didnt say landslide victory. It wasnt a landslide victory. Whatever the turnout though they still won a majority, a slim one but still a majority. You are absolutely right to say the turnout was not high. That is why it is important to do the things like Glasgow University did, try to engage people and try to encourage people to understand how important it is to vote.

equusdriving
02-Apr-13, 20:41
These things are not free. We pay taxes and our taxes fund these things because those are the priorities the SNP chose to offer to the electorate yes a kind of spend now and we all pay later scheme it seems http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/politics/snp-s-secret-plans-to-cut-spending-revealed-1-2822794

squidge
02-Apr-13, 23:26
yes a kind of spend now and we all pay later scheme it seems http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/politics/snp-s-secret-plans-to-cut-spending-revealed-1-2822794That will be this paper then, http://b.3cdn.net/better/c1d14076ee08022eec_u9m6vd74f.pdf#page=8&zoom=auto,121,0 Can you indicate where the paper shows it is a spend now and pay later freebie giveaway. The top secret stamp on the cover is a better together mock up not the actual cover.

So....Your point is what? That an independent Scotland cannot afford to be independent? Or that in an independent Scotland any government would be too stupid to manage income and expenditure. And the Union is a better option how?

equusdriving
02-Apr-13, 23:50
That will be this paper then, http://b.3cdn.net/better/c1d14076ee08022eec_u9m6vd74f.pdf#page=8&zoom=auto,121,0 Can you indicate where the paper shows it is a spend now and pay later freebie giveaway. The top secret stamp on the cover is a better together mock up not the actual cover.

So....Your point is what? That an independent Scotland cannot afford to be independent? Or that in an independent Scotland any government would be too stupid to manage income and expenditure. And the Union is a better option how? because every action has a reaction, free collage fees,prescriptions etc to gain votes means something has to give ie cuts, and I will say this again for your benefit I DO NOT KNOW IF WE CAN AFFORD TO BE INDEPENDENT,BUT im damn sure I wont vote for it on the hope that the next government will fill in the blanks to all the questions that should be answered now! and do you still not realize that the pro-independence supporters need to convince the uk supporters not the other way around, because if you want change show us, how and why we will be better off by changing, instead of keep repeating the same weak arguments and repetitive diversionary answers..........................................o h I forgot you haven't got the right answers have you? because they haven't been made up yet, and anyway that will be upto the next government to let us know if we have made the right decision to choose independence, wont it ?

squidge
03-Apr-13, 00:28
You say I have no answers and yet i answer everything you ask... You may not LIKE my answers but thats a different thing. You, however, answer nothing.

You say the trip was too dear and yet you cant explain why you think that. You say I am antibritish yet give me no answer when I ask you why? You say its a buy now pay later and when I ask you to show me where it says that you dont answer. You complain that the SNP is buying votes with free stuff then seem to think they should pay for votes with cash. You say I hang off and follow blindly Alex Salmond and Yet I have already said I disagree with his policy on currency. You say I need to answer your questions and when I do and I ask how being in the Union is better you wont answer that either. You say it is up to those of us who are pro independence to convince the pro union supporters when I have said time and again I am not trying to convince you, simply answering and asking questions. You say I give repetetive and diversionary answers when You ask the same questions over and over again and I answer the same way.

You say I wear rose tinted glasses, am talking rubbish, am trying to baffle people. You say I am vague, accuse me of being anti british and blind. You say I am feeble. Thats fine .... Maybe I am.

What about those people truly undecided? What about the real Dont knows. How do you answer them when they ask what the benefits of staying in the union are? Will you say to them .... Its not up to US to tell you what the benefits are .... Go ask the YES campaign.. You know what? I hope you do!

Phill
03-Apr-13, 00:43
What about the real Dont knows. How do you answer them when they ask what the benefits of staying in the union are?One of the issues is its a known quantity. Not perfect and by some perceptions 'out to do Scotland down' (although anywhere outside of London & the South East gets shafted). It is known and broadly speaking safe & secure.Or the option, it seems, is independence now and the plan formed in 2016!Between 2014 and 2016 there is going to be a lot of water flowing under the bridge and seemingly no one is bothering to check the flow.

How can the undecided decide with decisions being withheld until 2016?

squidge
03-Apr-13, 01:28
They can look at the options and the choices and examine the information that is available and compare.

You are right Phil. The Union is a known quantity... The Status Quo if you like. Independence is not. Therefore the starting question is perhaps "Are you happy with the Status Quo?" If yes then it may be that a No vote is the right one fir that person. If not, then it depends on that person's own priorities as to what they ask themselves next and where they look for answers. No two people will decide for the same reasons or even ask the same questions. It will depend on each persons view, experience, morality, hopes, fears and so on. So I might ask what about welfare provision, attitudes, jobs and growth. Someone else might want to know about pensions, housing, bus passes, someone else education, health and so on. People will look at what is important to them and decide whether Independence offers the best chance for change or not and whether it is worth the risk.

equusdriving
03-Apr-13, 09:49
They can look at the options and the choices and examine the information that is available and compare.

that's the whole point, how on earth can a case be made for Independence when the relevant information is NOT AVAILABLE!!

golach
03-Apr-13, 09:53
I like Status Quo Squidge, a good band, I will stick with them, Prefer that to a cartoon world that Eck the Omnipotent promotes.

equusdriving
03-Apr-13, 10:04
I like Status Quo Squidge, a good band, I will stick with them, Prefer that to a cartoon world that Eck the Omnipotent promotes.

that's a bit harsh you never know,in 2016 it might turn out that it was the right decision, its a bit like a long term bet on a horse in the Grand National, only with the country's well being at stake!

squidge
03-Apr-13, 12:32
that's a bit harsh you never know,in 2016 it might turn out that it was the right decision, its a bit like a long term bet on a horse in the Grand National, only with the country's well being at stake!:) :) I cant write Status Quo with small letters lol.

cptdodger
03-Apr-13, 13:09
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-22014286

I hope that everybody who is campaigning for Independence will be able to justify this amount of money if the referendum does not go their way in 2014.