PDA

View Full Version : Rented Accommodation/House Share wanted in Aberdeen

catherine nicol
10-Jan-07, 20:38
A friend of mine is ooking for accommodation in Aberdeen.

He will be travelling from Thurso on a Monday morning and back again on a Friday so accommodation required Monday - Thursday.

He will be working for the Woodgroup in the Altens Industrial Estate and accommodation would need to be on a bus route to ensure no problems with travel back and fore to work.

Anything considered.

Please reply here or private message me with your phone number or email address and I will pass on your details to him.

Thank you
Catherine

jamieS
10-Jan-07, 20:47
Hi Catherine,
Has your friend tried http://www.flatmateclick.co.uk/
I have used it before and worked for me.

EDDIE
10-Jan-07, 20:57
Have a look on http://www.thisisnorthscotland.co.uk/ in the property section there is room to lets on that and in the press and journal thats the most popular place for room to let.As for working in altens No 13 bus goes up to altens So if he was living in rosemount, citycentre or torry even closer the no 13 is easy to get to if he was living anywere elses it means getting up early and catching a bus into city centre to change over to the 13 absolute pain

catherine nicol
11-Jan-07, 21:40
Thanks for the info so far, much appreciated.

Is there anyone else travelling from Thurso to Aberdeen working with Woodgroup that has any pointers for my friend.

Would he be better arranging B&B to begin with and checking if colleagues would have accommodation they'd be willing to share or better to organise rented accommodation from the outset?

Any advice from anyone doing a similar weekly commute appreciated.

EDDIE
11-Jan-07, 23:58
B&B is dear he should be able to pick up a room to let flatshare £50 to £60 per week its a lot better because he will get the use of a whole flat and have new flatmates +all the bills are shared so its not so bad.
He would be better organizing accomadation himself and if i was him looking for a flatshare i wouldnt take a flatshare were the owner lived there because u have to be his best pall even if u dont like the owner its best to get a flatshare were the whole flat is leased out were the landlord doesnt stay at that place that my experience i have lived in alot of flatshares i know all the punchlines.
Whens he moving down how old is he ?