PDA

View Full Version : a big big thamk you to all who paid into the farpak hampers

linnepinne
10-Jan-07, 19:48
i was one of the people who lost money from the people at farpak hampers just before christmas. i lost 1000 pounds to them, and i had saved all year to buy my kids what they would like for christmas . im a single mum and at the moment not working so i saved all year to pay for it all and not have to borrow money or get into debt so this came as a real big shock to find out that i would not be able to get them anything but thanks to all the people who paid into the fund i got money from that and my kids got some thing for christmas and yes we did have a realy nice time :D .sorry it has taken this long to say thank you but better than never. thank you to all :D

MISS K
10-Jan-07, 19:53
I am so glad you were able to at least get a half decent christmas, i was absolutely gutted for everyone, who was effected by farepak, i also save all year round, to provide a lovely christmas for my kids, and thankfully i was with another agency, but now me and my pals arent going to do it anymore, its just not worth the risk :D

donnalee1994
10-Jan-07, 19:57
awh what a shame but glad you got there in the end it was such a shame for all involved(the customers)hope 2007 is a better year for you

percy toboggan
10-Jan-07, 20:58
This collapse was not a 'tragedy' as described at the time but it was a knock and a sometime severe blow to ordinary folks - not dissimilar to me - who wanted to save up for Chritsmas. I hope lessons have been learned from this episode on all sides. There are other ways to save for big events like Christmas. The lesson on the industry side, and the question to government is how can very rich men walk away from businesses with their fortunes seemingly intact while the people at the other end of the financial scale continually get shafted?

It's thoughtful of you to come on here and say 'thank you' and it's good you salvaged a merry Christmas from this mess. Good luck.

daviddd
10-Jan-07, 21:05
the mind boggles at some of the outrageous antics of some businesses - totally obsessed with profit and completely regardless of people's needs and feelings. I'm sorry this happened to you, but glad you got some compensation.

johno
10-Jan-07, 23:30
Yes the farepak fiasco was downright robbery. the directors of the company just walked away from the whole thing without any feeling of remorse, not one of them even put their hand in their pocket to help with the compensation fund.
i am glad that you and your family had a christmas. when it happened it must have been just devastating. may you and your,s have good luck from now on.
:)

paris
11-Jan-07, 09:34
you could always buy saving stamps from Tesco. you collect them on one of their cards, there is a machine that takes £1 coins so you can save as much as you want then at Christmas you have some money to fall back on . jan x

rockchick
11-Jan-07, 13:30
Forgive my ignorance, but just how did/does the Farepack scheme work? I presume that people put in small amounts to save during the year, then at Christmastime you got to spend your savings in vouchers or some such? I'm curious what benefit you got from using Farepack rather than putting the money into a savings account, as I would assume Farepack would be making a profit somewhere off your money. Did you get the products cheaper at the end or something?