PDA

View Full Version : Dog poo

secrets in symmetry
29-Mar-13, 23:23
Why is there more dog poo on the streets of Pulteneytown than there is on the streets of Wick?

John Little
29-Mar-13, 23:25
Cos they is more dergs there?

secrets in symmetry
30-Mar-13, 00:56
I think there is more dog poo per dog on the streets of Pulteneytown than there is on the streets of Wick.

Alice in Blunderland
30-Mar-13, 09:14
Why is there more dog poo on the streets of Pulteneytown than there is on the streets of Wick?

The folk in Wick are not stupid now are they ?

One doesnt dirty on ones own doorstep ;) A quick walk over to the lush green areas of Pulteneytown business done a quick walk back. :Razz

macadamia
30-Mar-13, 09:55
This one is easy.

Nature abhors a vacuum. That is a given.

A lesser known one is that wherever there is something brilliant, then something awful has to be alongside it to keep the balance of Nature.

This is God's (or Dawkins's) great pronouncement.

Old Pulteney has been recognised as one of the finest whiskies in the known world.

So, to keep the balance, there must be dog poo.

Simples.

John Little
30-Mar-13, 09:59
Because Pulteney, Wick, lacks what other Pulteneys do not?

http://www.pulteneyny.com/dogcontrol.htm

Alice in Blunderland
30-Mar-13, 10:20
I think there is more dog poo per dog on the streets of Pulteneytown than there is on the streets of Wick.

It could be because of all the loads of rich food the dogs are being fed. What goes in must come out.

The Music Monster
30-Mar-13, 10:48
We're doing our best to stop it!! See: http://www.argylesquare.com/GDW.php

secrets in symmetry
30-Mar-13, 11:49
We're doing our best to stop it!! See: http://www.argylesquare.com/GDW.phpThat's a great initiative Music Lady.

Argyle Square is far from the worst areas though.

secrets in symmetry
30-Mar-13, 11:51
The folk in Wick are not stupid now are they ?

One doesnt dirty on ones own doorstep ;) A quick walk over to the lush green areas of Pulteneytown business done a quick walk back. :RazzThere may be an element of truth in that, but the worst areas aren't the lush green ones.

Keyser_soze
30-Mar-13, 12:16
Because my dear, Pulteney is a big toilet. Wick dogs have more responsible owners, who pick the remnants up off the pavements

sweetpea
30-Mar-13, 12:56
There's one guy who never picks it up in Bignold park but there's no way I'd tackle him after hearing the way he shouts at the poor mut calling it every name under the sun.

secrets in symmetry
30-Mar-13, 15:23
Because my dear, Pulteney is a big toilet. Wick dogs have more responsible owners, who pick the remnants up off the pavementsOowww! That's generalising a bit too much!

There's one guy who never picks it up in Bignold park but there's no way I'd tackle him after hearing the way he shouts at the poor mut calling it every name under the sun.Yes, that sort of situation not only needs the dog warden, it also needs backup!

findam
01-Apr-13, 00:31
The wick side is just as bad willow bank is full of it and has at least 2 dog bins in it,

David Banks
01-Apr-13, 14:51
To accurately reflect "the facts" - just change the spelling to Poooltneytoon.

secrets in symmetry
07-Apr-13, 01:28
I've got it! They're generating maximum quantities of dog poo to burn in the Caithness Heat and Power system!

Where will they dry it out before they burn it? I fear for nearby house prices....

Flynn
07-Apr-13, 07:41
I saw a white dog poo the other day. I nearly cried with the nostalgia.

Southern-Gal
07-Apr-13, 08:48
Because Pets at Home is on the Pulteney side and so it is easier and cheaper to feed the mutt so the mutt eats more ?

2little2late
08-Apr-13, 01:36
The people of Wick will never stop their dogs 5hitting on the streets because they do not care about THEIR town. They think Wick is the pits so they treat it like a pit.

katarina
08-Apr-13, 09:10
Dog poo on the streets is disgusting. If you own a pet pick up after it, I mean you wouldn't leave a turd on your bathroom floor would you? there is a law and it should be strickter enforced. It seems to be the young folk that are least likely to pick up after their pets. (now shoot me down in flames) But I have witnessed this myself, and had a mouthful of abuse for pointing it out to one culprit.

secrets in symmetry
09-Apr-13, 11:27
The people of Wick will never stop their dogs 5hitting on the streets because they do not care about THEIR town. They think Wick is the pits so they treat it like a pit.Do you ever have a good thing to say about the town? If not, why do you stay?

2little2late
12-May-13, 22:50
Sorry for the late reply, but I left Wick 3 years ago.

secrets in symmetry
12-May-13, 23:07
Sorry for the late reply, but I left Wick 3 years ago.No problem. Please consider my questions withdrawn.

Your location on the forum is "Wick" - hence my misunderstanding.