PDA

View Full Version : ASDA build in April

liamofthurso
10-Jan-07, 19:06
I have heard from a close family friend that ASDA have got permision to bulid their store in April.

DarkAngel
10-Jan-07, 19:27
Thats good, Is this 100% true or just hear say? There are so many roumers bout Asda and other stores just cant believe anything until it actually happens or is in the paper.We can live in hope tho!!

mysophales
10-Jan-07, 20:10
I have heard from a close family friend that ASDA have got permision to bulid their store in April.

Would that be the 1st of April by any chance ???

jinglejangle
10-Jan-07, 20:17
Would that be the 1st of April by any chance ???

yes they are starting at 0800 hours on 1 April and the build wil be complete at 12 noon. :eek:

Humerous Vegetable
10-Jan-07, 20:19
The Executive have sent the application to a public enquiry. There doesn't seem to be any timeframe for this at the moment, so nothing will be happening until the public enquiry is held. And possibly nothing will be happening after it is held, if it finds against the Asda proposal. If you want reasonably priced food and fuel in Thurso, you'll have to keep shopping in Wick and Inverness. Carbon footprints? We are all mile-wide Bigfoots here in Thurso.

liamofthurso
10-Jan-07, 22:19
Well folks, i promise this is true. I wont reveal my source but this is 100% reliable. I dont know when in April but thats when building will comence

golach
10-Jan-07, 22:29
I would think this is speculation and gossip :lol: and if the Mods find out......well dont say you were not warned [lol]

molly
10-Jan-07, 23:07
I heard that Asda is building a new shop at the industrial park on the road to Aberdeen just outside Inverness and also a garden centre is opening. Maybe your friend got mixed up and thought it was Thurso

las123
10-Jan-07, 23:59
i have also heard this from the security guy who is going to be working there.

the nomad
11-Jan-07, 09:46
No amount of cheap petrol would make me travel to Aberdeen to shop. They are coming to Inverness at some point as our council are more concerned on community benefits rather than themselves.

I also know that there are plans afoot for Sainsburys to come to Inverness on a site currently occupied, it will be a very good loaction if it all goes through.

Having left Caithness the one thing I don't miss is the speculative story inventing. Be patient the gang of three will not have their way. ASDA will come to Thurso.

Cattach
11-Jan-07, 10:58
Well folks, i promise this is true. I wont reveal my source but this is 100% reliable. I dont know when in April but thats when building will comence

From the inside I can tell you that the inquiry that is to take place will delay Asda by at least a year and even starting building in April 2008 is optomistic.

funky-dunky
11-Jan-07, 11:33
yes they are starting at 0800 hours on 1 April and the build wil be complete at 12 noon. :eek:

Hi is that twelve the same day, it seems like its not going to be very big then lol or they have a lot of workers and they arent getting a break or anything. so does anyone know when it will be open.

liamofthurso
11-Jan-07, 14:19
Well folks, im trying to start an argument but taxis drivers are also saying ASDA is being built so face facts. Its not lies.

angela5
11-Jan-07, 14:33
Well folks, im trying to start an argument but taxis drivers are also saying ASDA is being built so face facts. Its not lies.

Where did the taxi drivers get their info from? The little old lady they just picked up on their last fare. Very reliable source indeed!

burstbucker
11-Jan-07, 16:14
Asda do not have planning permission yet as their application has to go to a hearing with Scottish Ministers later this year.

Naefearjustbeer
12-Jan-07, 12:10
Well folks, i'm trying to start an argument but taxis drivers are also saying ASDA is being built so face facts. Its not lies.
Oh well it must be true. Next thing will be that the hairdressers are saying and that will be the final proof we all need!!:lol:. Also trying to start an argument is not the best way to get your point that is called trolling and is banned on most forums.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g218/naefearjustbeer/misc/Please20do20not20feed20the20trolls.jpg