PDA

View Full Version : men paying and tidying a house.

funky-dunky
10-Jan-07, 16:52
Hi sorry what i should have said do you think men should have a share in he house work and bills, because i just thought of something i just thought of something about half the men in the world (not saying all) does not tidy or pay for anything towards your house. I know that some men does somethings somedays and then when you are tidying they stop and say they cant be bothered ANYMORE. or if us woman tidy the house at least once or twice a day the man would just sit back and watch without giving a helping hand.

will anyone agree with me.

j4bberw0ck
10-Jan-07, 17:03
if us woman tidy the house at least once or twice a day the man would just sit back and watch without giving a helping hand.

Is that what you do? And you let a man just sit there and watch, not raising a hand to help? Does he just sit and watch TV and drink beer? And you pay for the house?

Throw him out. He's absolutely no good.

And then let me move in. Luxury! :lol::lol:

funky-dunky
10-Jan-07, 17:09
Is that what you do? And you let a man just sit there and watch, not raising a hand to help? Does he just sit and watch TV and drink beer? And you pay for the house?

Throw him out. He's absolutely no good.

And then let me move in. Luxury! :lol::lol:

no i didnt say my man does it, but my ex did lol. my man helps out in the house infact he does most off the work now as am ready to drop lol. and he cooks me dinner and washes dishes lol.

j4bberw0ck
10-Jan-07, 17:26
Rats.

Mrs J might well disagree, but as I work part-time and she's full-time, I get to do ironing, cooking, clearing up and all that stuff. Also all the DIY round the house we've just moved into. Strangely the DIY doesn't seem to count in the balance of jobs done....:lol:

I dream of swadging in a comfy chair while a lovely, obliging woman cleans up after me, feeds me, gets the beer and.... oh, never mind. The mods wouldn't like it :lol: .

(before the XX Taliban track me down and kill me, I'm only joking - honest!)

calish6
10-Jan-07, 17:44
Hey j4bberw0ck, me also.
I work contracts and spend a lot of time at home doing the ironing, hoovering, cleaning, cooking etc, etc and countless other things.
I don't look for any thanks as I quite enjoy it (sometimes) ,but daytime T.V. drives me round the bend ! (except deal or no deal).

Anyway, there are a few of us around who share and spend quite alot on the house (I pay majority of bills Mortgage, etc)

cuddlepop
10-Jan-07, 17:46
If men aren't helping round the house its only us mothers who are to blame.My own son has been taught to do everything for himself and if I find out he's not pulling his weight,well;)
My dad was a gem and helped mum when he finished full time work.
There is no excuse.

EDDIE
10-Jan-07, 18:38
Hi sorry what i should have said do you think men should have a share in he house work and bills, because i just thought of something i just thought of something about half the men in the world (not saying all) does not tidy or pay for anything towards your house. I know that some men does somethings somedays and then when you are tidying they stop and say they cant be bothered ANYMORE. or if us woman tidy the house at least once or twice a day the man would just sit back and watch without giving a helping hand.

will anyone agree with me.

It really depends on the situation if both of yous are working then the housework should be equall if one of you works and the other one doesnt its common sense that the person that isnt working helps out more round the house doing the majority of the work until that persons working again.
Its not just men that are untidy ive shared flats in the past with woman and they can just be as untidyer than guys.

jinglejangle
10-Jan-07, 20:14
if both working - house work / bills shared

if both at home - house work / bills shared [though don't know how you can pay if no income coming in lol!]

if one home / one work [no children] the one at home should do all housework and the one at work pays bills

if one home / one work [with children] the one at home should do majority of housework with the one working helping out where possible. sometimes i get the impression a man thinks once he has done his 8 hours at work he is done for the day but they can forgot that a stay at home mum works 24 hours of the day!

mysophales
10-Jan-07, 20:19
Why do you thing god gave women small feet
so they can get close to the sink and the cooker

sweetpea
10-Jan-07, 21:15
I think if you have an articulate guy (although they are few and far between) then yeah the chores should be shared but in my experience most men are so kak handed and have lower standards than women so might as well do it yourself;)