PDA

View Full Version : aol/talktalk down since 20th

cesare
23-Mar-13, 09:18
had no internet since the 20th any one on talk talk or aol in wick will be the same, phoned them up got some answering machine saying they are working on it..phoned up the engineers (got number from aol) they said 1-2 days :/

Tugmistress
23-Mar-13, 10:17
My daughter is in thurso and has sky as her isp and has the same problem, it went off on wednesday afternoon and last i knew last night she was still without internet or phone!

castlehill
23-Mar-13, 10:32
Yep Thurso been down since 20th, Talk Talk won't even speak about it just get an automated service saying they are aware of a Voice & Data outage.

black rover
23-Mar-13, 10:38
AOL & TALK TALK back on now.

castlehill
23-Mar-13, 10:45
Thurso still down

Shaggy
23-Mar-13, 10:51
a seagoing mate of mine says its an undersea cable thats damaged. not expected to be repaired until 1-4th April. i'd be chewing the wall if i had no internet for that long

cesare
23-Mar-13, 13:00
wick still down

black rover
23-Mar-13, 13:27
aol & talk talk been on in wick since 09.30 this morning, maybe try unplugging & disconnecting router for 5 mins or so.

mi16
23-Mar-13, 13:48
A good excuse to get out of contracts if you are tied in folks.
Cartainly should be claiminig money back ffom the ISP's

PantsMAN
23-Mar-13, 15:28
Talktalk have compensation plans if it is over 24 hours since the fault began...

pat cavanagh
23-Mar-13, 16:10
weatherspoons wifi is fine
if u need it in wick
free of charge

Wizzbang
23-Mar-13, 21:10
I have SKY in thurso and its been off since wednesday.
contacted them everyday for an update on the problem
They have an undersea cable fault..They couldnt say where this undersea cable is .
They are trying to find another route up to the North failing that the cable will have to be recovered and repaired.
7 to 9 days which takes it up to about the 4th April as someone commented.
I said that I expect not to pay this months fees because of the upheaval caused. We cant even dial an emergency number.unless you have a mobile.
Sky told me there will be a compensation package what ever that means.

Im using the net from a friend who is with BT

Its just a matter of waiting.
I thought of other service providers but it will take just as long to set up then having this repaired.

its like being back in the old days :)