PDA

View Full Version : nuisance Calls!!!

DarkAngel
08-Jan-07, 23:51
Is it just me bein really unfortunate in gettin these stupid calls..Im sick of it..Some of them are even Automated calls..Grrr...!!

They are always "withheld" or "Sorry we do not have the callers number"
[mad]

lassieinfife
09-Jan-07, 00:08
get on to the telephone preference service..............rarely get these calls now

North Rhins
09-Jan-07, 00:12
Click on this link to get rid of unwanted calls. The system will only work on calls originating in the UK.

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

DarkAngel
09-Jan-07, 00:15
Thanx for that..Just goin to do it now, Im sick of it, Especially bad at dinner time and im feeding the bairn!! Grrr!!! Hopefully they will be stopped now!

Fran
09-Jan-07, 02:34
I phoned the number but still got the nuisance calls. After reading in the phone book about what to do with nuisance calls, i chose the select and ban service which is free for the first 30 days then a nominal quarterly charge. you get a pin number and just type in the call numbers you dont want or press in your pin number after a call. its great, i have no problems now. I had call centres phoning me at 10 to 8 each morning and around 6pm each night, very annoying.Now I have peace, lovely.

Alice in Blunderland
09-Jan-07, 09:06
I have the service which you can enter the pin to stop getting these calls that slip through the preference service net. In the past I have prosecuted people for nuisance calls which in the end became very racist and threatening , its a horrible feeling to have the phone go dead on you when you pick it up. I also have caller display so that most times I pick up the phone I know who I will be speaking to. :D