PDA

View Full Version : Fiction or Facts

EOS
16-Mar-13, 18:38
Following the leak of a document last week showing that the SNP were concerned about the impact of varying oil prices and long term production costs
the SNP produced a new report this week, in this report they stated that £48 billion would be received in tax over the next six years.

When the Scottish Pariament's information service asked for the details behind the calculations,the SNP said that because of the
complexity of the models used and commercial data it would not make them available??

Also SNP Energy Minister Fergus Ewing addmitted that while all the renewable industries and their supply chain employed over 11000
only 2335 jobs were directy conected to onshore wind

The orginal figure they had tried to claim was 18000.

Phill
16-Mar-13, 18:51
Faction I would say. Or maybe economical with the the facts. All sides / parties are guilty.

It's game playing, the figure is out whether fact or fiction. And how is it to be disproved?
But anything where the details are withheld cannot be trusted in my book.

ducati
16-Mar-13, 22:13
Following the leak of a document last week showing that the SNP were concerned about the impact of varying oil prices and long term production costs
the SNP produced a new report this week, in this report they stated that £48 billion would be received in tax over the next six years.

Sweet! All that money for the UK. :cool:

Rheghead
16-Mar-13, 22:22
Also SNP Energy Minister Fergus Ewing addmitted that while all the renewable industries and their supply chain employed over 11000

Fact or fiction would depend on the source. I would consider any source with a historical editorial bias against wind as unreliable likewise any right wing political group.

Do you have a source?

ywindythesecond
17-Mar-13, 01:19
Fact or fiction would depend on the source. I would consider any source with a historical editorial bias against wind as unreliable likewise any right wing political group.

Do you have a source?

Interesting post Reggy. Would you also consider any source with a historical editorial bias for wind as unreliable likewise any left wing political group?
Please do answer the question. It is easy, say yes or say no.

ywindythesecond
17-Mar-13, 01:32

When the Scottish Pariament's information service asked for the details behind the calculations,the SNP said that because of the
complexity of the models used and commercial data it would not make them available??

EOS, the 11,000 employed figure comes from Scottish Renewables http://www.scottishrenewables.com/scottish-renewable-energy-statistics-glance/ .
The Scottish Government does not know what the real figures are, it relies on Scottish Renewables to tell it. Take a minute to read it.

You are wrong however about "The orginal figure they had tried to claim was 18000". The 18000 jobs was invented by Alex Salmond in something he said to Parliament. A very determined lady in the Beauly area took offence at the lie and eventually it turned out that Salmond had quietly tried to change Parliamentary records of his statement back to 11,000. It took a question in Parliament from Liz Smith MSP to expose this and Salmond had to apologise to Parliament, and since then the rules have been tightened up about changing records.
Google "Alex Salmond 18000".

Phill
17-Mar-13, 02:11
Any job count applied to potential 'growth' sectors are mere puff & boast. They tend to include all the temporary migrant jobs and count them as local, long term, full time work.

Rheghead
17-Mar-13, 16:20
Interesting post Reggy. Would you also consider any source with a historical editorial bias for wind as unreliable likewise any left wing political group?
Please do answer the question. It is easy, say yes or say no.

You still haven't told us who is your pest that was referred to in your email.

secrets in symmetry
17-Mar-13, 16:24
You still haven't told us who is your pest that was referred to in your email.I'd be more interested in knowing who ywindy asked to counter the "pest". His response was awful! It seemed that he missed the point entirely - all he managed to do was explain why the bit that isn't a turbine is not called a turbine!

Rheghead
17-Mar-13, 16:34
I'd be more interested in knowing who ywindy asked to counter the "pest".

It seems he is unable to use any of his own intellect to counter his own pests.

EOS
17-Mar-13, 20:57
EOS, the 11,000 employed figure comes from Scottish Renewables http://www.scottishrenewables.com/scottish-renewable-energy-statistics-glance/ .
The Scottish Government does not know what the real figures are, it relies on Scottish Renewables to tell it. Take a minute to read it.

You are wrong however about "The orginal figure they had tried to claim was 18000". The 18000 jobs was invented by Alex Salmond in something he said to Parliament. A very determined lady in the Beauly area took offence at the lie and eventually it turned out that Salmond had quietly tried to change Parliamentary records of his statement back to 11,000. It took a question in Parliament from Liz Smith MSP to expose this and Salmond had to apologise to Parliament, and since then the rules have been tightened up about changing records.
Google "Alex Salmond 18000".
I think you have misunderstood the thread, I never mentioned scottishrenewables

The thread is about the half truth's from the SNP, the 18000 I mention in the thread was from the SNP I did not say it came from Scottishrenewables
The thread is not about windfarms, it's about misinformation

secrets in symmetry
17-Mar-13, 22:30
It seems he is unable to use any of his own intellect to counter his own pests.Perhaps not, but why would ywindy seek advice from someone less intelligent than he is?

golach
17-Mar-13, 22:38
Perhaps not, but why would ywindy seek advice from someone less intelligent than he is?
Ywindy is intelligent SiS?................how did I get that so wrong?? [lol]