PDA

View Full Version : A thank you message

cptdodger
15-Mar-13, 18:10
Following an accident i had where i span off of the road just outside Murkle on snow/ice on Thursday morning, the 14th March approx 6:30am,
i would like to say a big thank you to all of the motorists who stopped to check that i was alright whilst i was waiting to be recovered.

I would especially like to thank the Taxi driver who stopped just after i had the accident who very kindly let me use his mobile phone to call the RAC
I do not know who this taxi driver was or the taxi company he works for (i had bigger things on my mind at the time) but if he is reading this,
please PM me your number so i can thank you properly.

I would also like to apologise to the farmers who owns the fence i span into, thankfully i did not cause any damage to their fence, just knocked it slightly

annemarie482
15-Mar-13, 18:24
glad to hear your ok, you must have got such a fright :eek:

cptdodger
15-Mar-13, 18:43
Just a slight bang on the head... thanks

John Little
15-Mar-13, 19:23
A providential escape. I'm glad you came out of that okay!

M Swanson
15-Mar-13, 20:01
Sorry to read of your ordeal Cpt. I've spun-out on an icy road before and know just how terrifying that can be. So pleased you're okay!

Tugmistress
16-Mar-13, 10:31
Glad you are ok after a whoopsie, I've done that myself! and it's nice to know there were people stopping and checking on you and it's nice to know that you want to thank the taxi driver properly :) there are still people who care and have manners in the county :)

Shaggy
16-Mar-13, 11:56
Glad you are ok bud, could have been much worse.

End of last year i hit ice whilst driving the truck, not a nice feeling. I was slowing down on a downhill road and thought the brakes had failed as i couldn't feel the skid and the truck wasnt slowing. Ended up in a field at the end of the road, fortunately with no damage to the vehicle or the farmers property although he now has a new hardcore entrance to his field. There were plenty of people who stopped to help (SSE guys - thank you) and the farmer and his son got me out the field fine (thanks again ) The only thing that bothered me though was that the council gritter truck drove past me seconds after i went off the road and he didnt bother to stop to check if i was ok

cptdodger
16-Mar-13, 19:19
Thank you to all for your kind words, i too noticed 3 council snow plough machines going past me while i was waiting to be recovered, the first one about 10mins after i went off the road.

On a different note, i have been informed that the Taxi driver that stopped and allowed me to use his phone was Billy Sutherland @ Violet's Taxis, once again, thank you for your help and concern after my accident