PDA

View Full Version : Did Anyone see Question time 17th February

golach
18-Feb-05, 16:20
I tuned into Question time and there was John Thurso, well may I say this is the first time I have personally heard him speak, and Mrs G and my self were impressed by his retoric.
He put forward his points very well. Good Luck to you John Thurso

jjc
18-Feb-05, 17:15
I did... I'm afraid I lost the thread of most of what he had to say; I got distracted by his haircut... :eek:

But seriously… I didn't agree with everything he had to say, but he is an impressive orator and has always seemed like a genuine, stand-up guy to me.

Oh, and I also noticed that he was well-mannered enough to not complain on the numerous times that Heather Mills-McCartney rudely talked over the top of him. Can't think I've seen too many courteous guests on political shows recently (she certainly wasn't).

If he could be convinced to move to my constituency he'd certainly be getting my 'x'.

MadPict
18-Feb-05, 18:24
Mrs McCartney certainly liked to have the last word - I kept wanting to scream at her to shut up. Can you imagine having to live with her.................. :roll:

Mr P Cannop
18-Feb-05, 18:24
I tuned into Question time and there was John Thurso, well may I say this is the first time I have personally heard him speak, and Mrs G and my self were impressed by his retoric.
He put forward his points very well. Good Luck to you John Thurso

this is feb not march

do you mean last night ??

MadPict
18-Feb-05, 18:26
No, Mr PC, we are dwelling in a space/time continuum here in the CCWS - didn't you know?

Bill Fernie
18-Feb-05, 18:28
The heading has now returned to the correct date. At the next stroke it wil be....................

jjc
18-Feb-05, 18:57
this is feb not march

Well spotted, Paul. I hadn't even noticed the mistake... :)

golach
18-Feb-05, 20:46
[
this is feb not march

My original post says 17th Feb how has it changed :eek:

mareng
18-Feb-05, 20:56
Mrs McCartney certainly liked to have the last word - I kept wanting to scream at her to shut up. Can you imagine having to live with her.................. :roll:

She's a geordie woman - think they are all like that.

You must have heard of the phrase: "Women - you can't live with them......... and you can't kill them."

Now you know where it came from. :evil

Kenn
19-Feb-05, 23:30
I missed "Question Time" this week but have previously seen John Thurso on that programme.
I would like to say that I have found him most courteous and helpful on those occasions that I have contacted him. I am not a constituent so he has no obligation to reply to my enquiries however, he has always afforded me the courtesy of a reply and where not able to deal with the matter himself has given me the information required to pursue my topic.I may not agree with his politics but cannot fault him for his attention to matters concerning his constituency.
I think you are extrordinarily lucky to have such an MP..the record of mine to date is, letters sent five, e mails 3. acknowledgements one, replies nil.John Thurso 100%.

But then he's not one of "Tony's Cronies."

Mr P Cannop
20-Feb-05, 13:36
heres the link to the web page

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/question_time/default.stm