PDA

View Full Version : Amy on Question Time

M Swanson
14-Mar-13, 18:48
Did anybody watch last week's 'Question Time,' from Dover? I don't often bother with this programme, because of the obvious leftwing bias of the BBC. Today, it's been reported that a great many complaints have been received about the behaviour of one of the audience, Amy Rutland who harangued the UKIP spokeswoman, Diane James. There's quite a few commentators who have complained about this 23 year old's appearance and rude, aggressive style, also that she's a Labour activist. These things don't bother me. What annoyed me, was that she was allowed to harangue a panellist, with frequent interruptions, which Dimbleby allowed, contrary to his usual habit of dismissing anyone who didn't tow the PC/liberal line. Fortunately, Melanie Phillips was the next speaker and she made mincemeat of those who tried, (and failed), to label everyone who genuinely are concerned about large scale immigration, as scaremongerers, or rascist. Good for her. Well worth watching a clip on Youtube.

sids
14-Mar-13, 20:57
rascist..

Someone prejudiced against rascals?

Flynn
15-Mar-13, 09:10
Did anybody watch last week's 'Question Time,' from Dover? I don't often bother with this programme, because of the obvious leftwing bias of the BBC. Today, it's been reported that a great many complaints have been received about the behaviour of one of the audience, Amy Rutland who harangued the UKIP spokeswoman, Diane James. There's quite a few commentators who have complained about this 23 year old's appearance and rude, aggressive style, also that she's a Labour activist. These things don't bother me. What annoyed me, was that she was allowed to harangue a panellist, with frequent interruptions, which Dimbleby allowed, contrary to his usual habit of dismissing anyone who didn't tow the PC/liberal line. Fortunately, Melanie Phillips was the next speaker and she made mincemeat of those who tried, (and failed), to label everyone who genuinely are concerned about large scale immigration, as scaremongerers, or rascist. Good for her. Well worth watching a clip on Youtube.

Immigration to the UK is falling:

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/migration1/migration-statistics-quarterly-report/february-2013/sty-long-term-international-migration-within-the-uk.html

Farage has been breaking EU funding laws:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/mar/07/ukip-leader-nigel-farage-accused-threats

You may now return to your UKIP party political broadcast.

M Swanson
15-Mar-13, 10:01
LOL. Of course, immigration numbers are falling Flynn, which is why Gove has announced that there will be a shortfall in school placings of 250,000, in 2015 and that's the conservative figure. Miliband and Labour put it at 500,000. Nothing to do with the arrival of millions of immigrants who have arrived and still are, then? Course not!

Nikki Sinclaire? Give us a break Flynn. Anyway, nothing to say about Rutland and the so obvious bias of the political, leftwing, BBC? Over to you for the Labour? party political broadcast? ;)

Flynn
15-Mar-13, 18:09
LOL. Of course, immigration numbers are falling Flynn, which is why Gove has announced that there will be a shortfall in school placings of 250,000, in 2015 and that's the conservative figure. Miliband and Labour put it at 500,000. Nothing to do with the arrival of millions of immigrants who have arrived and still are, then? Course not!

Nikki Sinclaire? Give us a break Flynn. Anyway, nothing to say about Rutland and the so obvious bias of the political, leftwing, BBC? Over to you for the Labour? party political broadcast? ;)

You're right it is nothing to do with immigration. Go to the link. It it the actual truth, without any political spin, from the ONS. Oh sorry, I forgot, you don't like truth, you prefer the spin and lies of the Daily Mail.

M Swanson
15-Mar-13, 19:59
Course it isn't Flynn! Those of us who live with the consequences of porous borders, on a daily basis, can testify to that! ;)

What has the Daily Mail got to do with my post Flynn? You really are of an obsessive disposition. My sources were the BBC and that rag, the Guardian. I mean, where else would I look for the 'truth?' [lol]

BTW. How many would you roughly estimate will arrive here, from Bulgaria and Rumania? Would it be something similar to Blair's 13K Poles, (which turned out to be 600K)? And how many new school places will we need to accommodate their rather large families, would you guess? ONS figures would be appreciated if you can dig any out. :D

Flynn
15-Mar-13, 23:35
Course it isn't Flynn! Those of us who live with the consequences of porous borders, on a daily basis, can testify to that! ;)

What has the Daily Mail got to do with my post Flynn? You really are of an obsessive disposition. My sources were the BBC and that rag, the Guardian. I mean, where else would I look for the 'truth?' [lol]

BTW. How many would you roughly estimate will arrive here, from Bulgaria and Rumania? Would it be something similar to Blair's 13K Poles, (which turned out to be 600K)? And how many new school places will we need to accommodate their rather large families, would you guess? ONS figures would be appreciated if you can dig any out. :D

My source is the Office of National Statistics. Bit more reliable than yours.

sam09
16-Mar-13, 00:44
Rules should be brought in on migration between E.U. States. To apply to all, in that: The person migrating must have a place to live and a job and be able to support themselves and family (if any) without claiming benefits. The job and place to live must be permanent. Not allowed to claim benefits until five years permanent residence.

luskentyre
16-Mar-13, 01:38
Surely anyone from UKIP is in the same category as anyone from the BNP i.e. bigoted and prejudiced? Personally I wouldn't give these creatures airtime but it's a free world and it's entertaining to see them sink and squirm on national television.

As for the BBC being having a left-wing bias, that's just an accusation levelled by extremists I tend to find.

2little2late
16-Mar-13, 01:39
Makes a change from politicians interrupting.

M Swanson
16-Mar-13, 11:08
My source is the Office of National Statistics. Bit more reliable than yours.

Now you're motoring Flynn. I would think the ONS are a "bit more reliable, too." Although I'm very mindful of the saying, 'there are lies, damn lies and statistics." We have many examples of discrepancies and duff info from the ONS, of course. :D

Rules should be brought in on migration between E.U. States. To apply to all, in that: The person migrating must have a place to live and a job and be able to support themselves and family (if any) without claiming benefits. The job and place to live must be permanent. Not allowed to claim benefits until five years permanent residence.

A very fair post thanks Sam. Your ideas are certainly consistent with other nations, like America and Australia, etc., who have already implemented these rules. It's not hard to understand why, especially when we consider that the first obligation of any government should be to study the best interests of their own people, this should be so.

secrets in symmetry
16-Mar-13, 13:01
Surely anyone from UKIP is in the same category as anyone from the BNP i.e. bigoted and prejudiced? Personally I wouldn't give these creatures airtime but it's a free world and it's entertaining to see them sink and squirm on national television.

As for the BBC being having a left-wing bias, that's just an accusation levelled by extremists I tend to find.Yes, that's a good summary. UKIP are a lower middle class version of the BNP, but their nastiness is less overt.

M Swanson
16-Mar-13, 20:03
Unlike yours, that is glaringly obvious SiS. :lol:

Anyway, let's hear it as it truly is from Mr Farage. My goodness, he has the mainstream parties on the run. :cool:

Ch4News: Nigel Farage on 'racist' UKIP slur by Rotherham SS (24Nov12) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNAaPvy9e20)

ducati
16-Mar-13, 22:22

Anyway, let's hear it as it truly is from Mr Farage. My goodness, he has the mainstream parties on the run. :cool:

Ch4News: Nigel Farage on 'racist' UKIP slur by Rotherham SS (24Nov12) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNAaPvy9e20)

Yes! undoubtedly our next PM [lol]

Flynn
16-Mar-13, 23:41

Except he doesn't. UKIP have no MPs now, they'll have no MPs after the 2015 election. They're a fringe party for closet racists who pick up mid-term protest votes. The only reason they have MEPs is because no-one takes European elections seriously and only a few thousand bother to vote in them.

Gronnuck
16-Mar-13, 23:59
The reason we're in the pickle we're in at the moment is because the subject of immigration has been a taboo subject for the three main parties. Ordinary people see the communities around them changing, they hear the rumours circulated and perpetuated by the ‘red tops’ and yet no one is allowed to talk about it! If labour had started a dialogue 15 years ago we wouldn’t have the extreme views we have today. The point was brought home with Gillian Duffy’s encounter with Gordon Brown when she, rather less than skilfully quizzed him about the economy and the effect of recent migration to her home town; he immediately labelled her a bigoted woman.
IMO we have been let down by politicians who in order to retain their place at the trough failed to raise the issue. Perhaps they thought it would just go away. The free movement of labour is a fact of life today, some may be less than happy about it. But it really is no surprise that because of the lack of leadership regarding any discussion some people are drawn to groups and parties with more extreme views.
Amy Rutland is just another example of the type of Labour supported who would stifle debate all together instead of engaging in any sort of discussion which makes her just as bad as anyone on the other side.

Retread
17-Mar-13, 14:36
You know when you have Labour supporters rattled because they bring out the "You're a Racist" defence. They even use it against their own supporters when it suits. But then disregard the fact they created the situation with their policies and they change tack to garner votes .. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/nickrobinson/2011/04/ed_miliband_we.html .. even using the media wing of Neu Arbeit to peddle them message.

Flynn
17-Mar-13, 14:55
You know when you have Labour supporters rattled because they bring out the "You're a Racist" defence. They even use it against their own supporters when it suits. But then disregard the fact they created the situation with their policies and they change tack to garner votes .. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/nickrobinson/2011/04/ed_miliband_we.html .. even using the media wing of Neu Arbeit to peddle them message.

Immigrants don't create racists, racists create racists.

M Swanson
17-Mar-13, 15:43
Give it a rest Flynn. As Retread very eloquently stated, this is not about racists, but about those who couldn't give a stuff about anyone, but use the name to label those who are not racist, in an effort to shut down debate. It's a well-known ploy used by the unscrupulous to "garner votes," for their evil ideology, imo. Stand down Flynn ... you're out of your depth. :lol:

Flynn
17-Mar-13, 15:46
Give it a rest Flynn. As Retread very eloquently stated, this is not about racists, but about those who couldn't give a stuff about anyone, but use the name to label those who are not racist, in an effort to shut down debate. It's a well-known ploy used by the unscrupulous to "garner votes," for their evil ideology, imo. Stand down Flynn ... you're out of your depth. :lol:

Please, take your tired Loony UKIP tripe somewhere else.

secrets in symmetry
17-Mar-13, 15:51
Retread is a typical UKIP apologist.

He'll leave of his own accord soon - he has no staying power.

M Swanson
17-Mar-13, 15:52
Is this it, Flynn? Very disappointing. Ho! Hum! :lol:

Phill
17-Mar-13, 17:36
I really wouldn't be worrying about UKIP. They are marginal at best, cheap entertainment though.

secrets in symmetry
17-Mar-13, 22:23
Retread, I saw your post before it was removed. Such violence is of course par for your course....