PDA

View Full Version : You've Just Won the Lottery!

M Swanson
13-Mar-13, 18:07
Camelot have just telephoned you to say that you've won £2 million on the Lottery. So how would you spend it? :D

I would buy a few acres of land and build an animal rescue centre. It would primarily be for dogs, cats, ponies and shire horses, but any, in need, would also be welcome. I would recruit as many volunteers to help run it and, as it would be very hands-on, I would invite schools to visit so the children can form a bond with animals. It all goes to help them in later life, I believe. It's not a new idea, but it is something I would love to be able to do. I would definitely employ a no-kill policy. Shame I don't do the Lottery, ain't it? ;)

joxville
13-Mar-13, 18:12
With £2M I'd be able to give my siblings £10K each, set up a trust fund for my son, and buy a bit of land to open up a naturist retreat, and also grow as much of my own produce as possible.

Alrock
13-Mar-13, 18:17
....I would recruit as many volunteers to help run it....

Or to put it another way... Get the Government to subsidise your sanctuary by having them pay your volunteers through the benefits system...

Why not pay them a wage? help get unemployment down....

M Swanson
13-Mar-13, 18:21
Nah! There are always folks willing to help, for nowt and the less money spent on wages, the more there is to spend on needy animals. A charity in the true, old-fashioned sense of the word. Have you ever been an employer, Al? I have and trust me, it's not always what it's cracked up to be. :eek:

M Swanson
13-Mar-13, 18:28
With £2M I'd be able to give my siblings £10K each, set up a trust fund for my son, and buy a bit of land to open up a naturist retreat, and also grow as much of my own produce as possible.

Oh! Yes. The old self-sufficiency jobbie has always appealed to me Jox, but the nearest I ever came to that was owning an allotment, which was awash with cooch grass! Sadly, I'm too old for the physical side. Must say though, that although I've never done it, I would quite like to visit your naturist retreat. There's one on Eastney beach, but I've never visited. Last year, there was a nudist bike ride through the City and I thought that was great fun. :cool:

joxville
13-Mar-13, 18:49
The problem with going nude in a city is you could be prosecuted for a breach of public decency. There's nothing makes you feel more alive than being naked in a countryside setting, there's no hang-ups and judging people by how they are dressed, as there is in everyday life.

Thumper
13-Mar-13, 19:22
No brainer for me,I would build a purpose built seal rehab unit,to replace the one that had to close down,then I would employ myself as one of the workers so that I had a permanent job doing what I love x

billmoseley
13-Mar-13, 19:48
i would just put it with the other millions i have in the bank [lol]

golach
13-Mar-13, 19:55
I would make sure my sons and grandchildren got the most of it, I am at the age that I have been to many places in the World, seen a lot, and am comfortable and set in my ways at the moment. Oh aye and a big donation to the Vote No campaign.

ducati
13-Mar-13, 20:14
I'm with Bill...god another 2 million :roll:

billmoseley
13-Mar-13, 20:29
I'm with Bill...god another 2 million :roll: yer i know gosh what to do with it all.

Dadie
13-Mar-13, 20:34
I would be very surprised.....I cant remember the last time I bought a ticket!
But if it was ERNIE from the premium bonds....(still be surprised)
But it would be spent on the mortgage, all those DIY jobs that we dont have time to do, new car, invest some for kids and a holiday...then shoes!

Rheghead
13-Mar-13, 21:00
I would buy a few acres of land and build an animal rescue centre. It would primarily be for dogs, cats, ponies and shire horses, but any, in need, would also be welcome. I would recruit as many volunteers to help run it and, as it would be very hands-on, I would invite schools to visit so the children can form a bond with animals. It all goes to help them in later life, I believe. It's not a new idea, but it is something I would love to be able to do. I would definitely employ a no-kill policy. Shame I don't do the Lottery, ain't it? ;)

If you really love animals and want to make a lasting difference for future generations then I suggest you preserve a strip of rainforest. Spending your cash on old domesticated animals will just last so long :)

Angel
13-Mar-13, 22:31
If I won £2,000,000 or anything above £1m... I would become a Business Angel... I would make money available to ventures I agreed with and believed to be a sound investment. This way I could hopefully create jobs, still be in touch with people, have an interest, an income and also feel good that I have helped others realise their dream...

And you are quire right... being an employer can be a nightmare...

Angel...

Phill
13-Mar-13, 23:39
Drink, drugs, dancing girls, rock n roll, champagne & caviar and then fall into work on Monday morning still blazing. Just a normal weekend with Ducati really!!