PDA

View Full Version : Sport, I don't think!

essex boy
10-Mar-13, 23:13
I have listed this under the sport forum because some people think that it is. Flicking though the tv channels last night and 'the big fight' came up so I thought that it was boxing so put it on. It was in fact 'cage fighting'! How on earth is this thing legal in this so called civilized world and the sponser companies should be ashamed of themselves. Nothing but thugs being watched by thugs as far as I could see, I turned off after the first couple of so called highlights!

Alrock
10-Mar-13, 23:34
I have listed this under the sport forum because some people think that it is. Flicking though the tv channels last night and 'the big fight' came up so I thought that it was boxing so put it on. It was in fact 'cage fighting'! How on earth is this thing legal in this so called civilized world and the sponser companies should be ashamed of themselves. Nothing but thugs being watched by thugs as far as I could see, I turned off after the first couple of so called highlights!

What's the difference?
It's still two thugs beating the crap out of each other whilst being watched by thugs... All fighting should be banned.

essex boy
12-Mar-13, 20:58
The difference is that with boxing any cuts are treated and if bad the boxing is stopped. Boxers also wear large padded gloves, cage fighters wear very thin gloves that look like it is for the pretection of the knuckles, not the other persons face! Also if you are on the floor in boxing you are 'safe', with cage fighting you are 'fair game'. I think a huge difference!

Alrock
12-Mar-13, 21:08
hmmm....

42 Deaths in Boxing.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Deaths_due_to_injuries_sustained_in_boxin g

Doesn't sound very safe to me...