PDA

View Full Version : First it was horse flesh in burgers, now it not lamb in a lamb curry

golach
10-Mar-13, 21:26
When is this meat crisis going to end?
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/1-3-curries-fake-restaurants-1754087

Shaggy
10-Mar-13, 21:47
doesn't surprise me in the least. One of the things i hate most is when they colour the meat, supposedly in a spicy marinade and you really can't see or taste what kind of meat it is due to the spices. Several times in various restaurants over the years i've told the waiter to take the meal back to the chef and give me the lamb i've asked for and not the chewy lump of gristly whatever it is on my plate and i've often refused to pay for meals due to the crap i was offered. At one restaurant in Edinburgh many years ago the police were called when i wouldn't pay for my meal and i sat there explaining to them that i wasn't getting the "succulent, tender cuts of lamb" as stated on the menu and instead, on the plate was a lump of fatty whatever and they both took a look at it, prodded it with a fork and one of them even tried to cut it before they both agreed with me. I still got "arrested" though and had a laugh with the officers as they took me round the corner and let me out of their car lol. I'm not a particularly fussy eater but i do expect to receive what i ask and am expected to pay for

golach
10-Mar-13, 23:13
I still got "arrested" though and had a laugh with the officers as they took me round the corner and let me out of their car lol. I'm not a particularly fussy eater but i do expect to receive what i ask and am expected to pay for
so was that a case of the Leith Police dismissethed you [lol]

squidge
11-Mar-13, 02:26
Id like to hear you say that after you have been on Alice's Dram thread Golach lol.

Shaggy
11-Mar-13, 08:47
so was that a case of the Leith Police dismissethed you [lol]

Lol long time since i heard that, nah it was the Granton bobbies actually :-)