PDA

View Full Version : Our Roads

ajr
17-Feb-05, 22:13
Hi

I've now gone through 2 windscreens on my car in the past 6 weeks costing me a total of £100 in excess payments. I have also had autoglass up from Inverness to repair a chip and a small crack in my screen before it eventually gave up and cracked properly.

All of these occurences have been as a result of the road surface that seems to have been favoured by our council. I'm talking about the black liquid tax they pour onto the road and then the little chips they spread on top and roll into the tar. They seem to be putting it everywhere last year and I'm sure they will do it again this year instead of properly fixing our roads!

There are dozens of areas where the chips have literally just brocken away to leave the tar underneath and every time we have a frost it loosens more and then we get cracked windscreens!!

Castlegreen road is in need of totally being resurfaced (not in that tar and chip stuff but properly done) as I've never seen such a bad road surface. The road out of Halkirk toward Glengolly is terrible and the back road to Reay from Thurso is a joke!

Can anyone tell me (preferably a councillor) if I can claim the roads dept for failing to provide me with a road surface that will not damage my car (windscreen and the botton which is covered in stone chips)?

Any opinions?

Colin Manson
17-Feb-05, 22:42
See this thread http://www.caithness.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7334

daviddd
17-Feb-05, 23:21
Castlegreen Road is an absolute disgrace - if I were a roads engineer I would be ashamed to let anyone see that mess. You should try cycling along it if you think it's bad in a car!! [evil] :mad: [mad] [disgust]