PDA

View Full Version : In praise of older women

secrets in symmetry
10-Mar-13, 00:33
Debbie Harry is on TV right now. Luscious! :cool:

Theresa May is making a bid to succeed David Cameron as Tory leader. Am I the only man in the whole world that finds her attractive in some bizarre way?

shazzap
10-Mar-13, 00:37
Theresa May is making a bid to succeed David Cameron as Tory leader. Am I the only man in the whole world that finds her attractive in some bizarre way?

Beer Goggles???????????????

Dadie
10-Mar-13, 00:42
Always been the younger woman.......didnt do the maths.....

M Swanson
10-Mar-13, 00:42
:D Not being a man I cannot answer that one Shazz, but I do know that for quite a few men, Margaret Hilda was a real turn-on. Go figure. :eek:[lol]

Whoops .... sorry Shazz didn't put the quote in and this should have been addressed to SiS.

shazzap
10-Mar-13, 00:46
:D Not being a man I cannot answer that one Shazz, but I do know that for quite a few men, Margaret Hilda was a real turn-on. Go figure. :eek:[lol]

Took some time to think of, who you meant. Ha ha, there is no accounting for taste, and i am not meaning how people look.

secrets in symmetry
10-Mar-13, 00:46
Always been the younger woman.......didnt do the maths.....I didn't say I didn't like the younger woman. :cool:

(I think you're younger than me.)

secrets in symmetry
10-Mar-13, 00:48

Beer Goggles???????????????I don't know what it is about Theresa May that I find attractive. I could say I feel sorry for her, but she would probably say the same about me lol. :cool:

Dadie
10-Mar-13, 01:00
hope so...!
xxxx
I have a young outlook on life still...it happens..you deal with it.....
And young kids where the perceptions change a bit ..you have to do school and actually apply yourself ..doesnt matter how clever you are etc...if they dont have it on paper you dont get anywhere...so refusing to do primary school work causes me a headache it causes you more .......
Toothfairy is not an occupation while a Dentist is etc...
You actually need to comply with school to get the grades and "Mum work" on interests is just extras........just as important , that round out schoolwork that make you a better person.
Silicon and enhanced boobs doesnt get you reconised for anything.........unless you really want to go down the xxx rated film section of life!

secrets in symmetry
10-Mar-13, 01:03
Perhaps Theresa May is the tooth fairy!

It's well known that attractive young women can be attracted to powerful old men. Perhaps my attraction to Theresa is a gender-reversed version of that! :cool:

Thumper
10-Mar-13, 01:04
Damn....was hoping this thread was about me ;) x

secrets in symmetry
10-Mar-13, 01:08
Damn....was hoping this thread was about me ;) xIt could yet be. :cool:

Thumper
10-Mar-13, 01:09
Promises..promises ;) x

secrets in symmetry
10-Mar-13, 01:11
That's a different thread....

In praise of older rabbits. :cool:

secrets in symmetry
10-Mar-13, 01:13
I should perhaps say that this particular schoolboy learned a lot about "physical amour" from that eponymous book.

Thumper
10-Mar-13, 01:15
Dare I ask which book you refer to? ;) x

secrets in symmetry
10-Mar-13, 01:16
Dare I ask which book you refer to? ;) xIt's the title of this thread! It was an eye-opener to a teenage geek.

It wasn't until some years later that I realised such women actually existed - and even in Week! :cool:

Thumper
10-Mar-13, 01:20
Ha...there are a lot of lovely older Wimmin in Week,I Usta be one o them lol x

secrets in symmetry
10-Mar-13, 01:28
Ha...there are a lot of lovely older Wimmin in Week,I Usta be one o them lol xHave you downloaded the book onto your Kindle yet? :cool:

Sorry for the delayed reply - Debbie was waiting for my presence on TV dear. Mmmmmmm....

Thumper
10-Mar-13, 01:31
Not yet....waiting for it to be free..us older unemployed Wimmin need cheap reads lol x

squidge
10-Mar-13, 01:32
The Female Poet on Reaching Forty by Magi Gibson
She’s suddenly aware
Of crow’s feet marching round her eyes
Of orange peel upon her thighs
And silver strands
Appearing in her hair.
She looks around and is astounded
She is surrounded
by younger men.
And so she whispers to herself –
Stuff forty then!

secrets in symmetry
10-Mar-13, 01:37
Not yet....waiting for it to be free..us older unemployed Wimmin need cheap reads lol xI'm a cheap read - I always have been. :cool:

Thumper
10-Mar-13, 01:38
Can I download you onto my kindle? X

secrets in symmetry
10-Mar-13, 01:40
How fast is your broadband?

Thumper
10-Mar-13, 01:43
Hmmm haven't a clue....about as fast as I am tho ;) lol x

secrets in symmetry
10-Mar-13, 01:45
Hmmm haven't a clue....about as fast as I am tho ;) lol xThat'll do nicely.

secrets in symmetry
10-Mar-13, 02:00
Have I been downloaded yet? I don't feel any different....

Thumper
10-Mar-13, 02:36
Nope I am waiting to see if you are free or if I have to pay......... ;) x

secrets in symmetry
10-Mar-13, 02:39
I'm free, but I accept donations. :cool:

Thumper
10-Mar-13, 02:45
Lol what kinda donation? X

secrets in symmetry
10-Mar-13, 03:01
Money, amour, drugs, rock n roll.

Thumper
10-Mar-13, 03:13
Money..I can't do....amour....I don't believe in...drugs I disagree with.....rock an roll is good tho ;) x

secrets in symmetry
10-Mar-13, 03:16
Money..I can't do....amour....I don't believe in...drugs I disagree with.....rock an roll is good tho ;) xIt's a pity you don't believe in amour - even if it was just a euphemism for sex lol. I'll be happy with rock n roll. :cool:

joxville
10-Mar-13, 03:53
It depends how you look at things. I remember one liaison with an 'older' lady, I was still a fresh faced 19yr old, she was 35, to my mind that was quite old, and anyone over 50 was ancient. Now that I'm approaching 48 years on earth I find 35 positively young. And anyone in their 50's isn't that old really. But sadly Debbie Harry no longer does it for me, though Joanna Lumley still has it, and Jane Seymour too.

Thumper
10-Mar-13, 15:35
It's a pity you don't believe in amour - even if it was just a euphemism for sex lol. I'll be happy with rock n roll. :cool:

I am just wondering what the too naughty bit was ;) x

secrets in symmetry
10-Mar-13, 15:39
I am just wondering what the too naughty bit was ;) xIt can't have been that naughty - because I've forgotten lol!

Thumper
10-Mar-13, 15:40
Sheesh.........I am disappointed now ;) x

secrets in symmetry
10-Mar-13, 15:46
It depends how you look at things. I remember one liaison with an 'older' lady, I was still a fresh faced 19yr old, she was 35, to my mind that was quite old, and anyone over 50 was ancient. Now that I'm approaching 48 years on earth I find 35 positively young. And anyone in their 50's isn't that old really. But sadly Debbie Harry no longer does it for me, though Joanna Lumley still has it, and Jane Seymour too.Sadly, Debbie Harry didn't sound (or look) "with it" at times last night. I was getting excited about her younger self .:cool:

secrets in symmetry
10-Mar-13, 15:49
Sheesh.........I am disappointed now ;) xI'll PM you if I remember. :cool:

John Little
10-Mar-13, 16:06
Damn....was hoping this thread was about me ;) x

But you are not an older woman!

It'll be a good number of years before that description could possibly apply to you!!

ducati
10-Mar-13, 16:14
The Female Poet on Reaching Forty by Magi Gibson
She’s suddenly aware
Of crow’s feet marching round her eyes
Of orange peel upon her thighs
And silver strands
Appearing in her hair.
She looks around and is astounded
She is surrounded
by younger men.
And so she whispers to herself –
Stuff forty then!

Yes I'm finding it increasing difficult to meet older wimmin. Can't think why. :~( Perhaps the internet can help :cool:

John Little
10-Mar-13, 16:26
Yes I'm finding it increasing difficult to meet older wimmin. Can't think why. :~( Perhaps the internet can help :cool:

Ah'm tellin TheRealDucati on ye!

Thumper
10-Mar-13, 17:58
But you are not an older woman! It'll be a good number of years before that description could possibly apply to you!!Aww bless you,you are getting sweeter every time :) x

secrets in symmetry
10-Mar-13, 23:51
Aww bless you,you are getting sweeter every time :) xSo you're not an older woman after all? That's ok, I like younger women too. :cool:

Thumper
11-Mar-13, 08:29
So you're not an older woman after all? That's ok, I like younger women too. :cool:Well I class myself as old,but I guess it depends on your age really ;) x

billmoseley
11-Mar-13, 20:22
Sis have you no shame you seem to have spent the weekend chasing every beautiful woman on the org. Down boy and go have a cold shower

Thumper
12-Mar-13, 13:26
Sis have you no shame you seem to have spent the weekend chasing every beautiful woman on the org. Down boy and go have a cold showerSheesh you mean we are not exclusive ...... Gutted ;) x

secrets in symmetry
13-Mar-13, 23:44
Sis have you no shame you seem to have spent the weekend chasing every beautiful woman on the org. Down boy and go have a cold showerNot all of them - Linnie wasn't around....

Sheesh you mean we are not exclusive ...... Gutted ;) xYou are a small exclusive group! :cool:

Dadie
13-Mar-13, 23:53
As long as female....and likes men.....SIS thinks.....:D....

secrets in symmetry
13-Mar-13, 23:55
As long as female....and likes men.....SIS thinks.....:D....No, I'm rather fussy.... :cool:

Dadie
14-Mar-13, 00:00
Didnt realise......
as billmossey said you spent the weekend chasing every beautiful women on the org...thought it included most women (we are all beautiful inside or/and out) :D
SOME ARE DOWN RIGHT UGLY INSIDE THOUGH...
Others are like me ..marmite!

secrets in symmetry
14-Mar-13, 00:07
Didnt realise......
as billmossey said you spent the weekend chasing every beautiful women on the org...thought it included most women (we are all beautiful inside or/and out) :D
SOME ARE DOWN RIGHT UGLY INSIDE THOUGH...
Others are like me ..marmite!As I said, I'm fussy. :cool:

Dadie
14-Mar-13, 00:37
you love me or hate me..but im loving the little ones science stuff gong on xxx where due!

secrets in symmetry
14-Mar-13, 00:42
you love me or hate me..but im loving the little ones science stuff gong on xxx where due!Ok, I love you. :cool:

BTW I asked my "man who can" about the Caithness Science Festival. He said he wasn't invited, and he may even have said he'd never been invited. I don't know whether I was supposed to read something more into that. I didn't pursue it....

secrets in symmetry
22-Mar-13, 01:44
JK Rowling, I like.

billmoseley
22-Mar-13, 20:23
JK Rowling, I like. way out of your league

secrets in symmetry
23-Mar-13, 01:37
way out of your leagueSadly, yes. I thought last night that there was a chance I might meet her - but it turned out to be some rich bloke I'd never heard of....

secrets in symmetry
06-Apr-13, 23:27
What makes it even worse is that I haven't even met the rich bloke yet!

I used to fancy Kirsty Wark when I was young. She hasn't aged as well as Jo Rowling....

Flynn
07-Apr-13, 07:43

I doubt you're the only one, but personally I'm not into the pantomime dame look.

secrets in symmetry
07-Apr-13, 22:03
I doubt you're the only one, but personally I'm not into the pantomime dame look.Lol!

Who would be your ideal older woman?

Dadie
07-Apr-13, 23:01
Someone comfortable in their own skin (not tweaking it every 5 mins) and that has a mind of their own and willing to speak it, but be sympathetic to who they are speaking to and tactful to an extent.....my gran (though tactful wasnt her strong point) she was a great older woman to look up to as a woman with morals and god help you if you stepped to the wrong side of her rules ...you knew about it! But she would fight your corner against anyone if you needed it!

katarina
08-Apr-13, 09:14
How old do you have to be before you are 'the older woman'? We're always 25 on the inside, even if the outside needs a good iron!

golach
08-Apr-13, 09:34
How old do you have to be before you are 'the older woman'? We're always 25 on the inside, even if the outside needs a good iron!

My old Dad once told me a woman becomes old when her age exceeds her bust measurements [lol]

crayola
08-Apr-13, 20:35
How dare you call me an older woman golly sweetie! Big boobs aren't the only elixir of youth you know. ;)

Flynn
08-Apr-13, 21:33
Lol!

Who would be your ideal older woman?

Helen Mirren.

secrets in symmetry
08-Apr-13, 22:53
Helen Mirren.
Yes! :cool:

She's way too old for me, but she's the best.

John Little
08-Apr-13, 23:03
Now we shall have to have an arm wrestle.

Or a joust.

Joanna Lumley has to be Ab Fab ...

secrets in symmetry
08-Apr-13, 23:19
There's no need....

Helen Mirren wins hands down, but I'd enjoy a round of drinks with Joanna Lumley.

secrets in symmetry
08-Apr-13, 23:54
How old do you have to be before you are 'the older woman'? We're always 25 on the inside, even if the outside needs a good iron!Old enough to accept you're the older woman, and young enough to not believe what you think! :cool:

Aaldtimer
09-Apr-13, 02:18
Catherine Deneuve (SP) does it for me! Fragrant or what?

billmoseley
09-Apr-13, 10:02
Mrs Brown does it for me :lol:

secrets in symmetry
09-Apr-13, 10:13
Of course, I'd still like to rediscover Violet.

secrets in symmetry
07-Jun-13, 23:43
Hayden Panettiere. :cool:

Yes, I know she's not an older woman, and I'd never heard of her until this week, but she would be an older woman if I was 16, and I think my 16 year old self would have been in love with her. :cool:

billmoseley
10-Jun-13, 19:56
so far out of your league mate you have more chance of finding Violet

secrets in symmetry
10-Jun-13, 23:19
so far out of your league mate you have more chance of finding VioletFeel free to join my Hayden fantasy. We can be no-hopers together over a couple of virtual pints. :cool:

joxville
11-Jun-13, 07:07
You lot need to ditch those dark glasses, the best looking and fittest older woman is Jane Seymour. End of.

joxville
11-Jun-13, 07:09
Hayden Panettiere. :cool:Yes, I know she's not an older woman, and I'd never heard of her until this week, but she would be an older woman if I was 16, and I think my 16 year old self would have been in love with her. :cool:I have to agree with you on this one SiS, and there's so many more my 16yr old self would be in love with, there's too many to mention.

George Brims
11-Jun-13, 17:04
As opposed to us blokes, who stay mentally 14 or so.

orkneycadian
11-Jun-13, 22:42
Feel free to join my Hayden fantasy. We can be no-hopers together over a couple of virtual pints. :cool:

Hayden? Pahhh - Her performance as a dancer to Robin Thickes "Blurred Lines" on Graham Norton was not a patch on Emily Ratatouillekawasaki.

Far too much kit on for a start....

secrets in symmetry
11-Jun-13, 23:48
I have to agree with you on this one SiS, and there's so many more my 16yr old self would be in love with, there's too many to mention.You're welcome to join billmoseley and I slobbering into our virtual pints over Hayden. Drinking is so much more fun when you're under age. :cool:

secrets in symmetry
11-Jun-13, 23:51
You lot need to ditch those dark glasses, the best looking and fittest older woman is Jane Seymour. End of.I meant to mention Jane when I started this thread, but I couldn't remember her name!

Raquel Welch is pretty amazing too. :cool:

joxville
12-Jun-13, 00:11
Hayden? Pahhh - Her performance as a dancer to Robin Thickes "Blurred Lines" on Graham Norton was not a patch on Emily Ratatouillekawasaki.Far too much kit on for a start....I'll see your Emily and raise you Zlata Ognevich (though Zlata keeps her kit on)

orkneycadian
12-Jun-13, 09:55
I'll see your Emily.....

Just you leave my Emily alone! She's spoken for! ;)

mi16
12-Jun-13, 14:40
Susanna Reid

joxville
12-Jun-13, 23:02
I watched a programme on tv last night about Agnetha Faltskog, the blonde from ABBA, and I have to say, she still does it for me. :-)

orkneycadian
12-Jun-13, 23:04
Thats good. My Emily is safe then!

joxville
12-Jun-13, 23:08
For the moment! ;-)

orkneycadian
12-Jun-13, 23:10
I just mentioned your preferences to her, and she says that if wizened Swedes do it for you, she's not interested! [lol]

joxville
13-Jun-13, 10:25
In her day, no one could hold a candle to Agnetha, I think she's aged rather well, as has Ms Lumley & Ms Seymour.

secrets in symmetry
14-Jun-13, 00:08
In her day, no one could hold a candle to Agnetha, I think she's aged rather well, as has Ms Lumley & Ms Seymour.

http://i.imgur.com/GLW4XnN.jpg

Hmm, I'm not sure I agree with you there....

Jane Seymour wins that competition hands down with me.

orkneycadian
14-Jun-13, 14:34
Well, if her granny is holding up that well, Agnetha must still be a right stunner!

billmoseley
14-Jun-13, 18:03
How about Jackie Bird she is quite fit for her age

secrets in symmetry
24-Jun-13, 00:06
If we're talking older BBC Scotland News readers, I'd prefer Sally Magnusson.

billmoseley
24-Jun-13, 18:48
hmmmmmmmmm how about Kaye Adams

orkneycadian
27-Jun-13, 00:18
Nah, if its newsreaders your going for, you want that Northern Irish one off BBC News 24.

secrets in symmetry
27-Jun-13, 01:15
I prefer the blonde one on the BBC News channel, although I'm not sure she qualifies as being older....