PDA

View Full Version : Dog bins, Thurso beach

daviddd
07-Jan-07, 13:24
Don't like just coming on here and moaning, but it was annoying to see both doggie poo bins overflowing yesterday (Sat) morning. How can we persuade irresponsible owners to clear up after their dogs if there's nowhere to put the bags? Emptying these bins (and ordinary litter bins) should be a priority, holiday period or not.

brokencross
07-Jan-07, 15:04
We have the same problem here. Also at recycling collection points, when they are full, newspapers, bottles etc are then allowed to pile up beside the various containers. An open invitation for ammunition for vandals, and if they don't use them the wind will spread the litter all over the place. If Government want us to do these things they should keep their side of the bargain.

the charlatans
07-Jan-07, 15:16
i have to say that i think the people who empty these bins have my admiration. they either must be angels or had their sense of smell extracted when they were born! not a nice job, lets hope it was just an off day for them.

dragonfly
07-Jan-07, 15:30
its the same at the river, bins are full though they have red bags for the overflow and they are full now. Daresay the person who emptys the bins is on holiday, and with the job they do, a well deserved one