PDA

View Full Version : Car Insurance For Blunderboy

fingalmacool
06-Jan-07, 18:39
Hello Orgers, as number one son is sprouting wheels by the end of this month, and having gingerly requested a couple of quotes from a few blood sucking companies, (and now that I've recovered from the shock), have any of you orgers discovered any good deals going for learner drivers, in dads name of course, (God help me).

Alice in Blunderland
06-Jan-07, 18:42
Ohh Ohh I am sorry cant help you with the insurance but know of a few good body shops who can carry out excellent repairs ;) :lol: Good luck.

highlander2222
06-Jan-07, 18:50
Tesco are i my told are good

DarkAngel
06-Jan-07, 18:53
Oh No..Its soooo expensive for Insurance..Especially for a male...Im with Directline I opend my own policy when i passed and it was sky high..And im Female..There are good advets for insurance in the back of the lads mag lek Nuts and Max Power. Other than that im of no Help! Sorry..Hope you get a quote thats cheap enough
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/dpwells/Animations/Cars/transp45.gif

connieb19
06-Jan-07, 19:02
Try insuresupermarket.com and confused.com between them you should find something suitable.

footie chick
06-Jan-07, 19:04
Direct Line are advertising that named drivers on your policy now get their no claims discount built up when claim free on your policy not sure if this includes learners?
http://www.confused.com/?MediaCode=100

Got a very good deal using them, but I dont have a learner.

Remember when brother got first car, it cost £500.00 insurance £1,500.00!!!!

gofor
06-Jan-07, 19:20
my daughter is on my insurance as a learner it costs me £500. for the year with provident car insurance

*Martin*
06-Jan-07, 20:37
Make him do it himself. It's best to start working on a no claims bonus asap! He will probably be more carefull in the car if he is the one shelling out for the costs (I know I was) Go to elephant.co.uk and get a quote, go for a 10month plan (you still get your years NCB) I stuck my dad on the insurance and the price fell by £300 and he never drove the car - Madness!!

Good luck

Royster1911
07-Jan-07, 12:26
When my son was a learner, he went to Ferriers Insurance services ( Allan Ferrier) and this is a Wick company. He was by far the cheapest my son could find.
Phone number is 01955 605308
Hope this helps

dirdyweeker
07-Jan-07, 16:33
Can certainly vouch for Ferriers being very good. Got my elderly mother the best quote for holiday insurance from there.
Car insurance.... my 19 year old who lives away from home got her own through Tesco after a lot of price searching . She can build up her own no claim and the price is good.

futurelegends
08-Jan-07, 00:42
I managed to insure my (20 Y.O.) daughter on my policy through www.elephant.co.uk at no too bad a price (compared to the others that is).

They were suggested by the Man with big Glasses in Inverness as a final parting shot when they couldn't help me themselves (the wifie on the phone had used them herself when her daughter was looking for insurance).

RoughRider202
08-Jan-07, 01:14
Try out ecar they were the best for me i was getting stupid quotes like £4000 for my car and they quoted me £1500.

Regards andy